• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

If they are really rushing out a cheapo "Final Fantasy XIII-3" they could just end up hurting themselves in the end. They rushed out FFXIV as well, though the stakes were much higher there. If they want a consistent source of income, anything more than FFXIII-2 downgrade is just going to ruin expectations. There is the chance that these images and this video are misrepresenting the final product, but if it isn't, then they should delay the game a year. Final Fantasy doesn't need to be an annual affair and SE certainly doesn't have something even close to the Ubisoft pipeline to make it work (not to mention something like Final Fantasy XIII is much more visually ambitious than a typical Assassin's Creed). I think a Final Fantasy every 2 or 3 years is fine, but don't push it if you can't handle it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's why you used more Thunder magic instead of Fire or Blizzard. But yeah, positioning would have added a bit of depth to the battle system.
Well, the throw spells were just an example--Thunder spells were always the way to go unless there was a resistance. It's just like how all the characters' initial cast speeds and subsequent cast speeds are different due to the nature of their animations.

If there certainly is positioning and movement that's integral to gameplay, then I wish I could have seen it instead of watching Lightning run up to an enemy's front in a linear fashion as if I were, for some weird reason, playing a Tales game on Semi-Auto.

Watched the trailer. Feels like they exhumed the Final Fantasy name that they killed with XIII and buried with XIII-2, just so they could defecate on it.

Well, the throw spells were just an example--Thunder spells were always the way to go unless there was a resistance. It's just like how all the characters' initial cast speeds and subsequent cast speeds are different due to the nature of their animations.

If there certainly is positioning and movement that's integral to gameplay, then I wish I could have seen it instead of watching Lightning run up to an enemy in a linear fashion as if I were, for some weird reason, playing a Tales game on Semi-Auto.

Speaking of why was Manual not available from the get-go in Graces?

That was dumb.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Speaking of why was Manual not available from the get-go in Graces?

That was dumb.
You could've bought the manual manual instead of waiting for it for free. (I dunno. Game design choice. It's just like how in Xillia I have to wait to beat the game before I can play it on Unknown. *shrug*)

It's confirmed and I believe Abe said that so why bring up Toriyama.

Because devs lie whether they are named Toriyama or not.

And it's sad that they thought pole dancing was more important to show than this supposed movement freedom you believe to be there without evidence.

DJIzana

59Vt6.gif

Dude... if I EVER... EEEEEEEEEVER had to be the one to promote Lightning Returns, this is exactly what I'd do. Luckily, I'm too much of an jackass. :p

Stark

Banned
Because devs lie whether they are named Toriyama or not.

And it's sad that they thought pole dancing was more important to show than this supposed movement freedom you believe to be there without evidence.

Then there was no point in mentioning Toriyama. Okay.

There's evidence, it's in the previews and whatnot.

Boogybro

I was actually looking forward to seeing what they did with the 3rd game, but I think it's time for me to just say no to a new Final Fantasy.

As someone who doesn't think XIII is that bad, and who has XIII-2 on the list of stuff to play, I'm not feeling this after a second watch. Looks so bland and graphically poor.

CorvoSol

Neither of the trailers in the OP function now, btw. Kinda sad that I can't watch. I actually am interested in the game, in spite of how I sincerely wish that this is the end of the XIII saga.

Noi

Doesn't have to be a gameplay video.

If free character movement is something thats actually in the game, it would have taken them all of 3 seconds to have Lightning running around in battle and not moving in straight lines toward enemies. The fact that she only does the latter is the concern here.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OMG! I just woke up, I'm so excited T_T But where can I find a link that actually works?!

edit:
FUCK, I didn't mean to watch this gif but my eyes happened to stop when I was scrolling through the page T_T Come ooooooon, LINK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom