• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth |OT| - Aloha, is it me you're looking for?

xrnzaaas

Finally off this damned Island in Chapter 5,

ok I'll admit this mode has some potential and I can see the fun, but placing a close to 2-3 hour mandatory quest in the middle of a pivotal story plot is fucking horrendous for the games pace and makes me never wanna go back and get my Resort rating up at all

This is the exact same issue I had with the first LaD and the Business building game, forcing me to play a complete side mode for hours instead of the main story just pisses me off more than anything and makes me hate it
The Dondoko minigame (or rather maxigame) is actually quite fun, but it definitely shouldn't take this long to complete the tutorial, even if there's an excuse to take a short break in the main story because the team is waiting for some stuff to happen.

SCB3

The Dondoko minigame (or rather maxigame) is actually quite fun, but it definitely shouldn't take this long to complete the tutorial, even if there's an excuse to take a short break in the main story because the team is waiting for some stuff to happen.
Oh yea it is fun I do like it, its the same as the last game with that Business mini game, I liked that but yea making me do it for nearly 3 hours is really bad

Nankatsu

Gold Member
25 hours in and I'm still on chapter 5. The game is so damn packed with content it's insane.

How in the hell am I gonna clear this by February 29th in order to play Rebirth?

Finally unlocked some jobs and I've been leveling up a couple. The Action Star based on Bruce Lee is funny as hell.

Btw, that scene on the beach, where Chitose teases Ichiban saying it seemed like he was purposing to her....

His reaction is gold 😂😂

Are you guys team Chitose or Saeko?

Last edited:

SCB3

Ugh, I forgot this was a JRPG, I pretty much softlocked myself on a Boss fight as I was underlevelled a bit (by only 4 levels) so I've reloaded a save from just before that warning, problem is, I have nothing to do to level aside from Fighting I don't think,

SCB3

He’s one of the best developed characters in a very long time.
They all are, RGG is very good at Character development for the most part

Anyway, guess who forgot about the whole Labyrinth Side Game? Great place to quickly level Jobs as well and I ended up buying the Sonic Music tracks to play as I do

Reactions: Isa

PanzerCute

55h now, finished chapter 12 and the last combat was insanely good, damn!

I will now try to finish Dodonko Island and the sujimon storylines before finishing the game.

I will also go for the platinum but there is one trophy that scares me a bit: Ichiban level 70. Not sure that it will be easy to do.

Orbital2060

55h now, finished chapter 12 and the last combat was insanely good, damn!

I will now try to finish Dodonko Island and the sujimon storylines before finishing the game.

I will also go for the platinum but there is one trophy that scares me a bit: Ichiban level 70. Not sure that it will be easy to do.

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

SCB3

On to Chapter 6 and yea I was spoiled by the stores selling certain weapons for Classes and then of course

Adachi and Namba are back baby!

Orbital2060

Nah never. I got 5 level booster with the retail version and can purchase one at the sujimon stadium, so I guess worst case scenario would be to grind with two items that boost xp.
I just hope its not too long tho.
Im loving the game, but I cant forgive it for making me spend two weeks trying to decipher what the different items of dlc actually did. Too much choice, and the level boosters suck. I got a few with the LAD 1 legendary edition and regretted it. Rather grind the levels out. But then the big swell dungeon which goes to level 65 is dlc together with the ng+ access. It feels kinda anti consumer and made to push you to buy level boosters.

I like it when the game only has one edition, like the dark souls games. Just one title to search for in the store, and then one or two addons later on.

PanzerCute

Im loving the game, but I cant forgive it for making me spend two weeks trying to decipher what the different items of dlc actually did. Too much choice, and the level boosters suck. I got a few with the LAD 1 legendary edition and regretted it. Rather grind the levels out. But then the big swell dungeon which goes to level 65 is dlc together with the ng+ access. It feels kinda anti consumer and made to push you to buy level boosters.

I like it when the game only has one edition, like the dark souls games. Just one title to search for in the store, and then one or two addons later on.
Agree with you, and it's especially weird for a Yakuza game: their business model was always cool imo.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Kiryu not being able to use Essence of Komaki Pupil on dungeon clowns because they're fucking huge :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Well done RGG, well done.

Also, chapter 5 ending

Damn you Chitose. I suspected you in the begining but at this point you had won my heart :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:
Holy fucking shit. Chapter 12 gives me goosebumps from start to the end! Yokoyama really went all in this time. Haven't been this pumped for a long while!

The reunion and battle with Majima, Saejima, and Daigo are just so well set up, and holy fucking shit, Kiryu's lines are making me cry even though I know it is way too Chuunibyo haha.

PanzerCute

Holy fucking shit. Chapter 12 gives me goosebumps from start to the end! Yokoyama really went all in this time. Haven't been this pumped for a long while!

The reunion and battle with Majima, Saejima, and Daigo are just so well set up, and holy fucking shit, Kiryu's lines are making me cry even though I know it is way too Chuunibyo haha.
After 10 Yakuza games, that fight gave me goosebumps.

Sega knows how to make hommage to a legend.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Does anybody know the name of the goofy music that plays during sidequests most comical moments?

The sidequest where you need to call a certain film legend... The options and Ichiban's reactions are so good :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Xih48RD.jpg

Initially didnt like it, but it suckered me in, and the loop kinda got to me and 10 hours later, I finished it. Now im rich. Nice stuff.

Bought some Hawaiian malasada donuts at the department store yesterday, you best believe I greeted the chick serving me with "A-LO-Ha!". She kind of froze for 2 seconds before laughing and saying aloha back, was probably the first and last time she'll hear a customer say it 😂

Yi4Vqfp.jpg
5wQYRqr.jpg

Helldivers has dragged me away from Infinite Wealth the past couple of days, need to get back on it, can't leave my boy Kasuga hanging.

PanzerCute

I just finished Dodonko Island, it was really fun and in the end my island looks pretty decent.

I also wanted to finish the hawaian dungeon but the boss destroyed me, guess I will come back once my characters are stronger.

60+ hours in, what an amazing game.

SCB3

I just finished Dodonko Island, it was really fun and in the end my island looks pretty decent.

I also wanted to finish the hawaian dungeon but the boss destroyed me, guess I will come back once my characters are stronger.

60+ hours in, what an amazing game.
Is it as good as the Battle tower from the last game, I sank so many hours into that

So i'm a good few hours into Chapter 7 and its really jarring and refreshing to
Go back to Japan and play as Kiryu

Not only that Seonhee is back (my personal Waifu in this) not only that she has the Night Queen Job back!

Nankatsu

Gold Member
You cant make pathways connect in dodonko Island?

Game doesn't allow me to do a L shaped pathway for example.

And if you want to cover up the whole grass of an area you're not allowed either?

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Last edited:

protonion

The first game had these enemies in the dungeon that gave huge exp and escaped often. Like the slimes in DQ.

Is there a grind spot like this in this game?
Im in chapter 10.

PanzerCute

You cant make pathways connect in dodonko Island?

Game doesn't allow me to do a L shaped pathway for me example.

And if you want to cover up the whole grass of an area you're not allowed either?

Mr Bean Reaction GIF
Well, yes you can. Just be careful as you can only make a L pathway by using the same material (I think). Also try to rotate the piece to make sure you have the right edge aligned.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Well, yes you can. Just be careful as you can only make a L pathway by using the same material (I think). Also try to rotate the piece to make sure you have the right edge aligned.

You sure you can cover all grass from an area?

The moment I try to make a second pathway adjacent to the previous one, the path itself greys out and doesn't allow me too. And the starting point is on the correct angle.

Last edited:

SCB3

So I found the hidden Ultimate Weapon dealer and my god what a fucking fight to get him to allow me to not be able to buy anything yet, still a fun time though

Been grinding out the bonds and still need some decent weapons for 2 Characters though

TwinB242

Dondoko Island was a lot of fun. At first I was worried it would be too much of a grind but the last 2 stars were much quicker to get than the first 3. The length felt just right and I do feel compelled to return to it at some point.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I haven’t finished 7 yet. Do I need to before starting this?
There is a recap of sorts in the first chapter of this game, but I'd really suggest you finish 7 to get the full impact of the story.

PanzerCute

You sure you can cover all grass from an area?

The moment I try to make a second pathway adjacent to the previous one, the path itself greys out and doesn't allow me too. And the starting point is on the correct angle.
No sorry I misunderstood you: you can fill up a full area with buildings, statues and so on but not with roads. Space is so limited tho, I dont know why you would want to do that :d

I am at the final chapter now, I have the impression it is gonna be a wild ride!

Does Poundmate ranking do anything? Currently silver but I haven't seen anything change from bronze.

Also is anyone else having issues with the Ult Friendship tag option coming up? It never shows up for me and I'm only able to trigger it with autoplay set to offense. On Windows version in case we can narrow down a version specific bug.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Was doing a Miss Match minigame and at the end, when you go into the room...

Turns out it was Alo-Happy waiting for Ichiban :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Just got to chapter 4 and damn I feel like I've barely even scratched the surface of what this game has to offer...

How do they do it?? This game seemingly has an infinite amount of content to discover and dive into. Hats off to the Ryu Ga Gotoku team, they put out yet another certified banger 👏

PanzerCute

I finished the game yesterday. As always the last levels are great and full of epicness. I was just a bit disappointed as I was expecting a much longer ending sequence.

But damn that episode was amazing, another solid 9+.

My favorite are still 0 and 6, but tbh they are gonna be very, very hard to top, especially 0 which is one my top 10 GOAT.

Now, I am finally gonna play Persona 3 with the remake, I can't wait. And next month Unicorn Overlord.

Sega / Atlus are on fire this quarter.

Last edited:
  • Strength

xrnzaaas

I just finished Gaiden and cried, is this game better on steam or ps5?
Depends if you have a good PC. I played the launch version on PS5 and the performance wasn't flawless. There were some frame drops in busy areas and during rain showers. This may have been improved and since this is turn-based combat (minus the QTE's) it's not that crucial to have super smooth fps.

Last edited:

acidagfc

Finished in 80 hours. Most of it was griding levels and jobs and running around for remembrances stuff. I do not plan to go for platinum or, god forbid, NG+.

Overall, not really impressed. My main gripe is that
Kiryu story is front and center again. Kasuga is a great character, he does not deserve to stay in Kiryu's shadow this much.
The recent Gaiden was a much better sendoff to Kiryu than this, IMO. They should have snuck the remembrance stuff into that game and kept the Hawaii story as the only one.

The story itself is eh. Looks like the authors do not really know how to write a story without yakuza in it, so it always circles back to old characters and old tales.
Second dissolution
, eh? Will there be a third one?

That said, the new locale and new characters are actually great. Their backstories are interesting, the acting is always on point, really good stuff there.

Pokemon and island stuff I dropped at silver rank and 2 stars. It's fine, some ppl may like it more. The tutorial part for the island could have been shorter though.

RGG, please, do not
put Kiryu into the next game. Maybe as a cameo or something. I absolutely do not want to see him miraculously cured and kicking again.
However, if you cannot come up with a story without yakuza, maybe go back in time, create a new game back in the 80s again.
I will gladly buy Yakuza Minus One.

Just please,
let the old man die
, ffs.

Last edited:

Madjaba

Finished in 80 hours. Most of it was griding levels and jobs and running around for remembrances stuff. I do not plan to go for platinum or, god forbid, NG+.

'kiryu'
'kiryu'

The story itself is eh. Looks like the authors do not really know how to write a story without yakuza in it, so it always circles back to old characters and old tales. Second dissolution, eh? Will there be a third one?

That said, the new locale and new characters are actually great. Their backstories are interesting, the acting is always on point, really good stuff there.

Pokemon and island stuff I dropped at silver rank and 2 stars. It's fine, some ppl may like it more. The tutorial part for the island could have been shorter though.

RGG, please, do not put Kiryu into the next game. Maybe as a cameo or something. I absolutely do not want to see him miraculously cured and kicking again.
However, if you cannot come up with a story without yakuza, maybe go back in time, create a new game back in the 80s again. I will gladly buy Yakuza Minus One.

Just please, let the old man die, ffs.
You really should spoiler tag some of the latter sentences... People are taking their time with the game and don't want to know anything related to any main characters...

Top Bottom