• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth |OT| - Aloha, is it me you're looking for?

Freeman76

Up to chapter 6 now, such an incredible game in every way. My only gripe, as much as Ichiban is one of my favourite characters in gaming, they went just a little OTT with how naive and dumb he can be

The Sujimon battling stuff is some of my favourite side content they've done, it's just full of laughs.

I love the English dub of the main cast, but Yong Yea made me switch back to Japanese. Yes he's that bad, as expected.

I'd kill for a mod or an option to just replace his voice and leave only Kiryu in Japanese.

Just pretend Kiryu couldn't be arsed learning English or some shit lol. Everyone else I've met so far in the game was great in English dub, except for him.

Kuroda is till the voice for Japanese version too yep.

Imagine Yong's absolute shock when he found out he actually got the job ...someone at RG Studios must have taken a liking to him and decided to help him out. Don't like when Youtubers get jobs or are put into games. In this case it's a disservice to the fans.

Hrk69

17 hours in. It's 2am, I am gonna feel like shit at work tomorrow but I am way too addicted.

I now have access to the Island minigame and I can already see myself invest 20+ hours on it. Same with this stupidly fun Sujimon side activity and I already look forward to deep dive in the first dungeon I unlocked.

Oh and I can also change my jobs.

Really, there is nothing like these games in the market: top tier content at every corner.

Just got at the island too and this stuff just keeps expanding and expanding

Absolutely insane that it's just side content for the most part

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Up to chapter 6 now, such an incredible game in every way. My only gripe, as much as Ichiban is one of my favourite characters in gaming, they went just a little OTT with how naive and dumb he can be
Wholeheartedly agree. He's likable but nice to a fault. I want him to chase more women and sow his royal oats!

In Ch.5 myself, amazing so far. So many things to do per usual.

Reactions: Isa

PsyEd

I didn't play 7...youtube'ed the story but got this since it's Kiryu's conclusion. Well....I can't stand turn based stuff or drink soylent. And frankly the story...for me it' was accidental comedy....yes I finished it.

Anyways in future ff RGG doesn't do any action based games for Yakuza/LAD series then...sayonara...silent night!

Thanks for saying it. I loved him in the first game and everyone is saying how great he is but I've been feeling like something is a little bit off. He is that kind of big-hearted guy who wants to believe in people but the level of being a dumb sucker feels exaggerated where I am right now, I hope that changes.

Hey a couple of questions

1) seems like we have an mp3 player or something where you hold L1 to put on music when walking around in the overworld. However there seem to be only 2 tracks to choose from, even though I've found a bunch of CDs while walking around the world. Is there a way to increase the songs on the player?

2) how do I evolve sujimon? I already awakened them as much as possible but it says none are ready to evolve?

Hey a couple of questions

1) seems like we have an mp3 player or something where you hold L1 to put on music when walking around in the overworld. However there seem to be only 2 tracks to choose from, even though I've found a bunch of CDs while walking around the world. Is there a way to increase the songs on the player?

2) how do I evolve sujimon? I already awakened them as much as possible but it says none are ready to evolve?

1. Access "Playlist" from your smartphone's menu to add/remove stuff.

2. Don't know, haven't experimented that much with Sujimon beyond battling.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Since i entered Dondoko Island i was not able to leave it unfinished. Already have it at 5 stars with the main stats at S rank. Once you unlock the Dondoko farm inside the island you can leave your Suijomon there gaining exp. And so far seems to be the best place in the game to get money from. Have been just playing that side game for the last 2 days. Today im finally going back to follow the main story. :p

That was me when the real estate stuff opened up in 7. Completed it all before I moved on 😆

Can’t wait. Tomorrow. The music better be good.

NeoLed

I'm a bit confused about something quite early in the game.

Wasnt the first guy that appears on Hello Work called Sasaki? The one that after a while awaits for you and tries to bribe Ichiban and you end up fighting him?

He completely dissapears after that and the following ex-yakuza that appears at Hello Work is someone else also called Sasaki but looks very different.

Why did they called Sasaki to two characters in a row?
Same guy/face, just different hairstyle

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Same guy/face, just different hairstyle
Now that I googled him, yeah,, they're the same.

It kept bugging me because I thought they were legit two different characters. Specially because the render quality from the first scenes to the ones after, where he has different hair, were graphically reduced.

RGG tends to do that when it's a less important character.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Is it just me or the podcasts you can hear via smartphone don't have subtitles at all?

Last edited:

Croga

Is it just me or the podcasts you can hear via smartphone don't have subtitles at all?
Yeah no subs for them. It's a bit of an oversight for sure, but I guess translating a massive, multi episode podcast on top of everything else was maybe a step too far.

F31 Leopard

Matsumoto Shave Ice t-shirt and hoodie collaboration is sold out. https://matsumotoshaveice.com/shop
Hilo Hattie needs to jump on that apparel collaboration and make Ichiban's Aloha Shirt.
2kregNa.jpg

Yakuza games are always packed with a ton of content but I can't believe just how much crazy stuff they jammed into Infinite Wealth, it's kind of insane. Dondoko Island alone is less a "mini-game" and more an actual *game* within the game lol. Generous is an understatement, when it comes to value proposition this series always delivers the goods while providing a kick-ass narrative, laughs galore and some of the most entertaining combat in the entire industry.

9YO8kbb.jpg

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Great to see the writing is still on point

6EDYIoI.jpg

😂

They really increased the exploration drip feed goodness of items. I’m finding a briefcase or a sparkly object like every 20 seconds just walking the streets

Last edited:

Orbital2060

I got the normal version, in the end. Figured I wont have the time to jump right back in for ng+ after completing it. Saving it for a second playthrough later.

Here we go.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
30 hours in got my first honk honk. Guess you should try to find all honkers to increase your style, passion etc. stuff? I kinda expected it to be something different, like trying fool you into thinking it's what it sounds like but nope, the screen going pink etc. implies you're just getting honked after all🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Dondoko is too much, was not expecting Sujimon would play a role here too, now these two brilliant systems feed into each other perfectly, this is so damn good. I'm up to 2 stars, been here at least 5 hours, need to go back to the mainland to do some more recruiting.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Are they any sort of “Trouble Finder” items or skills to unlock that show the side story locations on the map? Just want to make sure I don’t miss any

Hrk69

THIS AIN'T A SHOW SHITHEAD

It's a little bugged on my end, the taunts keep repeating and repeating

10/10 game for now, it's just impeccable

I just hate that I can't get the 100% on Steam because I'm missing the DLC content. But I'll buy it once I'm done with the main story

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Alohaaaaaaaa

Kson_ONAIR_17.jpg

Before you know I bet you'll have friends coming out of your asshole.

Easy there with your localizations Sega :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
30 hours in got my first honk honk. Guess you should try to find all honkers to increase your style, passion etc. stuff? I kinda expected it to be something different, like trying fool you into thinking it's what it sounds like but nope, the screen going pink etc. implies you're just getting honked after all🤷‍♂️
If you've ever got "puff puffed" in DQ then you're ready to get honk honked

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Alohaaaaaaaa

Kson_ONAIR_17.jpg

Before you know I bet you'll have friends coming out of your asshole.

Easy there with your localizations Sega :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Shit like this is why Sega rules

It’s amazing how many Sega Sensibilities tm carry on through the years

Last edited:
Ok I'm the sujimon master and I 5-starred dondonko Island, both of which gave rewards that directly effect the combat system.

As for that combat system, it feels very similar to Like a Dragon 1 in that things are generally too easy. You'll get a good fight sometimes if you fight an enemy 3-4 levels above you, but all these fun, interesting abilities your characters unlock don't actually matter because whichever ones you use you're pretty much always gonna win anyway. Normally this is where you'd activate hard mode, but if I understand things correctly, difficulty options are locked behind both a paywall and a playthrough? That's messed up.

I was a lot more forgiving towards the first game because it's their first Jrpg, all the job abilities really are funny and I was totally engrossed in the story, but I'm a bit bothered by the portrayal of Kasuga's character in this game. I just feel like they're leaning into his goofy side way too much. I like that side of him, but he was a more deep and interesting person in the first game. Maybe it's hard to give him any cool gangster moments when Kazmua's standing right there to naturally claim them, but right now I like Yakuza 7 Ichiban Kasuga a lot more than the Yakuza 8 version.

I'm only in chapter 5 though as I've been running around doing all the side conent. Maybe my impressions will change as I get further into the story. I'd already be having a lot more fun if I could increase the difficulty at the start of the game though.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The annoying voice woman at the bar did seem to swear constantly in the subtitles, say things like motherfucker and such, I thought the game might have that tone in general and it felt different to Yakuza games despite their subject matter being that harsh, but I don't think it's the case, so far?

Not that there was no swearing at ALL before of course, but yeah it was more fitting the situation/character, it was a bit off beat here. I might be mixing it up mind, I'm probably half and half between story and side content, maybe it was someone else doing most of the swearing and I forgot...

Last edited:

TwinB242

I had unlocked dondoko island and immediately spent 4-5 hours in it. Its crazy just how comprehensive and deep it is. I was impressed by the property management and cabaret club mini games from previous games but this is on a whole 'nother level compared to them.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

The annoying voice woman at the bar did seem to swear constantly in the subtitles, say things like motherfucker and such, I thought the game might have that tone in general and it felt different to Yakuza games despite their subject matter being that harsh, but I don't think it's the case, so far?

Not that there was no swearing at ALL before of course, but yeah it was more fitting the situation/character, it was a bit off beat here. I might be mixing it up mind, I'm probably half and half between story and side content, maybe it was someone else doing most of the swearing and I forgot...
She's got some other important assets, leave her alone.

111.jpg

SCB3

I do love these games and I know its part of their charm in a sense but my god does it become tedious sometimes, for example I'm just about to go to Hawaii, and at the part where Ichi is telling the others hes going and why, then goes to Arakawas grave to say that and then to the airport

All could be done is a series of Cutscenes, so why does it keep dropping me into playable walking sections to get taxis (which cost money) to get between scenes, Just play the damn scenes! Keep in mind you cannot do anything else here aside from walk to the next bit literally 4 seconds away, its a very minor thing of course but every one of these games does it!

Anyway, of to the Islands finally!

Top Bottom