• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park announces new album One Last Light + new single Heavy feat. Kiiara

Status
Not open for further replies.

flozuki

I really like "Battle Symphony", "Heavy" was ok (love the Reggae version^^) and the live snippet of "Talking to myself" sounds awesome imo.

This shit makes U2 sound like death metal.

I know there aren't many Korn fans here, but something has to be said for finding your way back to your original fans, after many really bad albums with a standout track here or there, Korn recently released one of their best albums ever in The Serenity of Suffering. Harder than ever, best songwriting in years, really relatable, every song has a good catchy hook. It's easily in the top 3 for me.

Some other bands that put out their best work later in their career after realising they should be appealing to the audience that got them to where they are; Fear Factory, Coal Chamber and Machine Head.

All these bands had their up and downs, losing members and getting them back, trying new sounds and flexing their talent, but eventually it has to come back to the fans that got them famous - putting out work for those diehards is the only way to keep your legacy intact.

Even Gojira has stated that after trying a more experimental album they decided to go back to their original style a bit more going forward because that's what the fans want from them. Obviously a smaller act like Gojira would have that be in their best interest if they want to sell albums, but you get the idea.

I know people probably hate most of the bands I mentioned, but if you are a fan I think you'd find it hard to disagree. LP really needs to send some love back to the people that got them to where they are.

Manu

I know people probably hate most of the bands I mentioned, but if you are a fan I think you'd find it hard to disagree. LP really needs to send some love back to the people that got them to where they are.

They did that last album.

I mean, it's okay to hate the new album, but I'd rather they didn't go back to nu metal. I don't think they have it in them anymore to write that kind of music, so it would feel forced as fuck.

Not that this is much better, mind you.

DJChuy

I don't mind the complete change in style, but the songs are kind of boring imo. They're no where near as catchy and the beat isn't as "interesting" as the stuff you hear on pop radio stations.

The guitarist is going to have an easy paycheck this coming tour.

Wurst

I dread seeing them at the Hurricane Festival this June now. :(

They probably wont play anything from Album 1 and 2, will they?

I dread seeing them at the Hurricane Festival this June now. :(

They probably wont play anything from Album 1 and 2, will they?
They're guaranteed to play at least two songs from Hybird and one from Meteora, especially at a festival. I imagine you'll get more older material than new.

When a band hits six or seven albums, their concerts typically become a shotgun of the best singles from each album. I haven't seen LP live yet so that could be different for them, but based on all of the other radio rock bands I have seen, don't expect too much new material.

Macka

I'm listening to 'Heavy' for the first time.

misfits.gif

Wow, that was bad.

Galang

Banned
Mess. Just realizing this annoying ass heavy song I've been hearing every minute on the radio is linkin park!! Tf?!! Would never have guessed, but good for them I guess. The song seems successful

Strakt

Mess. Just realizing this annoying ass heavy song I've been hearing every minute on the radio is linkin park!! Tf?!! Would never have guessed, but good for them I guess. The song seems successful

I dig Battle Symphony and the new one Good Goodbye... not so much Heavy.

Hope the other 7 songs are melodic and catchy.

Koopatrol

Don't like any of the songs they've released so far and really dislike their new sound. This looks to be the first LP album I will not purchase.

This was the last song I really had hope for because of the collaboration with Pusha T and Stormzy... but nah, very disappointing.

StayDead

I must admit, I'm listening to the songs in the OP and I had no idea this was Linkin Park. It's like they've taken the Numb feat they did and taken it up to 100. It doesn't sound like the Linkin Park I used to enjoy listening to at least.

The songs have some merit, but it's not what I'm into if I'm honest.

pikablu

glad a lot of people agree that living things was a great return to form. maybe they'll get back on track next album. But screw that I want a new fort minor album WITH styles of beyond instead.

Just listened to Good Goodbye and it's stupid how much better Shinoda's verse would be with a heavy instrumental. And also cut the other two verses because they are completely outclassed.

Hydrus

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Mike and Chester fire the rest of the band and continue on as a duo. The rest of the guys do nothing at this point.

Ashhong

Listened to Hybrid and Meteora today, and HB seems like mainly Chester, while Meteora is Mike feat. Chester.

Anyway, they just picked a few Chester singles. I'm sure there will be more Mike. Kind of sad that I hear nothing from the rest of them so far. The early albums were really great in this regard. A blend of everything. Where's the dj scratching? What does Glenn even do now?

Strakt

They livestreamed their first show of the new one more light world tour last night... chester can def still stream.. this is the setlist

The Catalyst
Wastelands (w/ War Outro Sample)
Talking to Myself
Burn It Down
One Step Closer (Ext. Intro; Ext. Outro)
Castle of Glass (Ext. Outro)
Good Goodbye
Lost in the Echo
Battle Symphony
New Divide
Breaking the Habit (w/ Acapella Outro)
Crawling
Leave Out All the Rest
Somewhere I Belong
What I've Done (Ext. Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
In the End
Faint (Ext. Outro)
Numb (Numb / Encore Intro/Outro lyric tease)
Heavy
Papercut
Bleed It Out (Ext. Sing-a-Long Bridge; Ext. Ending)

thats the set list.. they also played a new song "Talking to myself"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FujWgZKq7Q

Also the "2017 leave out all the rest version" was amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDCevt2_MpE

janoDX

Just came back from the concert in Chile.

Notes:
  • The crowd sang every, single, word, except invisible that was the new song.
  • I cried at Breaking The Habit, my first album I've ever bought, ever, was Meteora and had that song on repeat.
  • Fans at Santiago waited them on the hotel, Mike signed everything, but on twitter asked to not come to the hotel
  • They just loved the crowd and let them sing the entire first verse of "In The End" up until the end of the first chorus.

janoDX

While I don't particularly like Linkin Park anymore, I have to admit that they put on some of the best live shows.

And I felt that this concert was incredible, even more than other presentations, idk if it's because of the Chilean crowd who sang everything from Mike's rapping to Chester's gutural voice that he did during the concert.

Mike's face when the crowd was rapping with him (usually I never see that on their concerts) was priceless. He was happy and grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom