• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet 3 Shown PS4 (November 2014)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My favorite part of LBP is building things. I'm there day one. Hopefully the tools are improved. I'd love the ability to do some edition through a web interface or on a tablet. Even if its just microchip layouts.

Drek

Sackboy's friends need more unique artistic characteristics. Sackboy looks much more detailed and that is a bit off-putting.

Also, I really wish Sony would do the right thing by Sackboy and put him in a Minecraft meets Mario 64 3D exploration platformer.

Sackboy's friends need more unique artistic characteristics. Sackboy looks much more detailed and that is a bit off-putting.

Also, I really wish Sony would do the right thing by Sackboy and put him in a Minecraft meets Mario 64 3D exploration platformer.

Perhaps he'll make a special appearance in MM's project? Probably not what you want, but it might be one step closer..

Kssio_Aug

Well, this is a very funny game to play with local coop. But not as fun imo at online coop or single player. Also, I'd like to see more graphical improvements, I know this game is not about graphics but it could look a little better on PS4.

Anyway, great title, I recognise it, unfortunately not exactly the type of game that I see myself sepending time.

Thrakier

You're kidding yourself if 60 frames-per-second is going to be the end-all magical answer to all of LBP's control issues. It's still looking floaty and imprecise to the point even its own developers can't play it properly.

Im pretty sure it would dimnish 90% of the complaints since it would feel way more responsive and precise. As always, there is no way to proof such hypothetical theories. ;)

Really excited about this game.

The trailer does a poor job of showing off the new depth, but I think there's a lot of potential there.

However for me the best part of lbp is when it doesn't feel like lbp. Levels like the arcade in lbpv for example. The new sack guys seem to go against this. I'm not sold on them yet.

Watching the trailer again, there seems to be some sort of create-your-own power-up, Sackboy is shown with an outstretched arm, holding different items: a match that can burn things; a paintbrush to paint things; and the tennis racket.

Just how many layers are available as playspace is hard to judge, most scenes where it is apparent have around 7 or 8 that I can see, but the exploding robot and tennis court look to be much deeper. I'm hoping for about 20 layers for creating and playing.

There also looks to be a Construction Hat power-up that allows Sackboy to edit certain materials, that's cool.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
My hyped dropped for this as soon as I found out it was on PS3 too. All that potential thrown away for the PS4 version. Stupid move.

Salex_

It's crazy. The only complaint I ever hear about LBP is the floaty jumps (and sometimes loading times). I haven't played a lot of LBP, but aren't the jumps similar to Rayman?

Sumo Digital should probably get rid of it so the vocal minority can stop complaining about it. It seems like that vocal group likes everything about the game except jumping mechanics.

Why not change it?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Who says it's on PS3? The store says ps4 only.

a2e484a55492191fa315b09ab40b9d7f.png

Welp, that explains a lot.

Btw. did they say how creators are supposed to implement the 4 different characters? Wouldn't every level break as soon as you don't have the right character with you (or even play alone) to progress at some character-specific switches?

I want to know that as well, maybe you can swap between them on the fly?, if you can't then you should be able to...

spwolf

cant wait for this... i loved that they added more characters with unique gameplay variations for all of them... it is going to make the game a lot more playable for me (and my kids)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
My favorite part of LBP is building things. I'm there day one. Hopefully the tools are improved. I'd love the ability to do some edition through a web interface or on a tablet. Even if its just microchip layouts.

Yeah. I'd love a better setup for the music sequencer too (less glitchy, more precision on the volume of individual notes, able to disable the notes playing when you roll over them. It's very often that I think of a tune, but before I can get it down in the sequencer, I've lost it because of all the stray notes and the little sample beats they play when you hover over an instrument).

Watching the trailer again, there seems to be some sort of create-your-own power-up, Sackboy is shown with an outstretched arm, holding different items: a match that can burn things; a paintbrush to paint things; and the tennis racket.

There also looks to be a Construction Hat power-up that allows Sackboy to edit certain materials, that's cool.

Now that sounds more like it. Perhaps I should look through the trailer again.

I can't believe it's on PS3 as well, but it explains the relatively disappointing graphical improvements. I have a couple of friends who love love love LittleBigPlanet and were feeling pressured to get a PS4 right when LBP3 came out but if it's going to be on PS3 I could see them holding off and just getting the past gen version to tide them over.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The PS4 version better run like a dream then. And don't bother letting PS3 users play levels made on the PS4 version if it means limiting the PS4 version's create mode capacity.

If any of you had played the game since the first one you'd know you can alter the physics of everything, including Sackboys jump, quite easily. Its completely customizable to make any kind of game you want.

shink

I'm waiting for LBP3D hopefully. Wish Tarsier and Double Eleven had a hand in this one too, the Vita version was absolutely charming.

I guess if they titled it LBP and friends or as such, it wouldn't sell as much as throwing a 3 on there. Hopefully it's still a big improvement over 2 in terms of features.

5amshift

Banned
Played this earlier with a buddy and it was just more classic LBP. Great platforming and working together definitely works wonders. You play as the same character, the one who can shrink and grow.

Deadstar

Yeah every time there was a puzzle, Swoop could just fly past it, seems like a god mode character. Maybe only for little kids?

So it appears that you will only be able to choose certain characters to play as in the levels. So in the old levels you have to be sackboy. Any new levels created could let you be swoop or anyone else. Man this is going to be incredible!!!

Will this be a full price title? Or priced slightly lower than titles like battlefield and destiny?

Why would the game of the show be priced cheaper?

Tourmeta

It was pretty obvious I guess, hasn't pulled my hype down one bit though.

I wonder if PS4 will get a bigger thermometer or not? I don't know if they want there to be levels that are PS4 only as I imagine levels can be shared between PS3 and PS4 versions. Curious if there will be any cross-platform interaction at all really e.g. playing together.

Raonak

Banned
Eww.... crossgen?

explains why the graphics are relatively poor. Hope level complexity isn't held back for backwards compatibility with PS3 version. I have a bad feeling it will be.

still day1

netguy503

Will this be a full price title? Or priced slightly lower than titles like battlefield and destiny?

Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked is still on sale until the end of June for $60 for a two year membership. It makes every new game shown at E3 $47.99 with usually $10 back in RZ points. How's that for savings? I got $20 for Wolfenstien and $10 for Watchdogs so this release is only going to cost me $18.

Now I repost my question: can someone please tell me when they are demoing this on IGN? I believe someone said 3:20PST earlier today/yesterday. Thanks.

Top Bottom