• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

Dorj

Banned
expecting playthrough of whole game.

LLaQZkV.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I think the NeoGAF investigation team can easily say at this point, that the entirety of Japan will be the next ones thrown in the tv. It's time to pointlessly warn them and prepare to fight Shadow Japan: a lone disappointed japanese father.

duckroll

But it doesn't seem Persona 5 will be announced through Famitsu.

Yeah, this time instead of paying to produce and distribute a 17min DVD with every copy of a Famitsu issue, they're spending it on a 72 hour countdown livestream, an announcement livestream, a talk event livestream, and renting broadcast time on a Sunday evening on 8 public screens throughout Japan.

CrazyDude

Yeah, this time instead of paying to produce and distribute a 17min DVD with every copy of a Famitsu issue, they're spending it on a 72 hour countdown livestream, an announcement livestream, a talk event livestream, and renting broadcast time on a Sunday evening on 8 public screens throughout Japan.

I guess that shows you how much the series has grown.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Persona X Idolm@ster incoming!

I reiterate: if this is Persona 4-2 or some direct sequel with the same characters, be it from P4 or previous entries, I will be super pissed. Stop milking your shit Atlus; give us a brand-new Persona 5. It's time.

kuppy

For historical reference, this is how Persona 3 and Persona 4 were announced in Japan:

Persona 3 Announcement DVD in Famitsu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouI4EULiwX8

Persona 4 Announcement DVD in Famitsu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJt2ZnL9eTQ

Both were 17 minutes long.
yeah, rock that hype, thanks for the links

Also damn, Nirolak, now it seems totally logical to me that they will broadcast that stuff live out there to the folks because the game will be available for free after the video finishes. Well not really, but why did this just came into my head, ahr.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sounds like low key announcement in general.

fertygo

Dem Sega money.

Dr Dogg

When you put it like that this sounds considerably more expensive than before.

duckroll

I guess that shows you how much the series has grown.

I don't think that's really the only reason. It also shows how much media and fan interaction has changed in the last decade. Back then livestreaming wasn't as big as it is now, and the most effective way to market to the audience would be through the game magazine with the highest circulation in the country. But nowadays live events powered by the internet are much more effective.

It's not that different in the west either, with stuff like the VGAs and various streaming events being the platform of choice to teaser or announce major titles now.

Sophia

I don't think that's really the only reason. It also shows how much media and fan interaction has changed in the last decade. Back then livestreaming wasn't as big as it is now, and the most effective way to market to the audience would be through the game magazine with the highest circulation in the country. But nowadays live events powered by the internet are much more effective.

It's not that different in the west either, with stuff like the VGAs and various streaming events being the platform of choice to teaser or announce major titles now.

Just look at how many people are tuning in on the Nico Nico streaming event. Over 800,000 so far and it's hardly done anything. Pretty damn effective marketing. >_>;

I just hope it doesn't have ties to the other games. P4G is the only one I have completed and I'd rather it be it's own thing than a sequel to the fighting games/3 or some shit :d.

In SEGA I trust for a timely EU release.

I'm confused, so the livestream is over? The Twitch re-stream had a giant note saying "THE SHOW IS OVER, FOLKS. GO HOME." before it died just now. Is NicoNico not showing a countdown anymore?

Sophia

I'm confused, so the livestream is over? The Twitch re-stream had a giant note saying "THE SHOW IS OVER, FOLKS. GO HOME." before it died just now. Is NicoNico not showing a countdown anymore?

They turned the stream off for tonight, as it's past midnight in Japan. It's just playing music for now. It'll come back before the reveal later. :p

FluxWaveZ

It's gone "off-the-air" just like it has before. So no more events and in the place of the countdowns is the test card that can now be seen.

Tamanon

Banned
They're going through a good jam list right now at least, not just one CD straight.

Kimi no Kioku
Reach out to the Truth
Heartful Cry

Jeb

Yo guys, the link is no longer sending me to the stream, I'm now asked to get a premium service and I can't get out of that part.

Sophia

They're going through a good jam list right now at least, not just one CD straight.

Kimi no Kioku
Reach out to the Truth
Heartful Cry

Heh, yeah. I'm still listening to it. XD

The link keeps redirecting me to a subscription, anyway I can get by this?

Right now it's off the air and just playing music. It'll come back for the reveal. So you're not missing much. Just keep trying and eventually you'll get in. If you really want to, that is.

kuppy

Kimi no Kioku
Reach out to the Truth
Heartful Cry
there sure is a hidden message, we can solve it if we put all the beginning letters of the songs played together or something, gotta be it

Top Bottom