• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.13: "The Last Recruit" (Citizens On Patrol/[S. Guttenberg Joke] Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

omg rite said:
Actually, Darlton went on the record to say that we would find out where the food drop came from this season.

With only a little time left, I hope they live up to that.

I'm calling it. Widmore will reveal that he has been helping the losties all this time, and everything he has done was all part of a stupid brilliant plan to help them become who they need to be to fight Smokie. :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Somebody needs to go through all the threads this season and compile all of the "calling it" posts into one big mega post. include the bullshit ones for maximum lols.

Chipopo

Banned
duckroll said:
I'm calling it. Widmore will reveal that he has been helping the losties all this time, and everything he has done was all part of a stupid brilliant plan to help them become who they need to be to fight Smokie. :lol

I'm pretty sure this would retcon all of season 4, but sounds good!

I got it.

The bird was dropping the food. For Hurley. Hence HURRRRLLLEEEEYYYYY. And Hurley tries to cover it up and act clueless, when he's secretly in league with the bird.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
omg rite said:
Actually, Darlton went on the record to say that we would find out where the food drop came from this season.

With only a little time left, I hope they live up to that.

That's not quite what they said. What they said was:

No more of a spoiler than saying "we'll find out about the food drop this season" :
They said that we'll find out about the food drop, but possibly not during Season 6. If not, the natural assumption is in the LOST Encyclopedia releasing in August.

threenote

Banned
this one's for you solo:

Vi6DF.jpg

Salmonax

Jak140 said:
Now will we ever find out where the Dharma food drop came from or why the Pearl Station note canisters just went to a dump in the jungle? Inquiring minds want to know.
I thought the pile of canisters was just meant to prove positively that it was the Pearl station, not the Swan, that was the psychological experiment. I certainly don't see that as a hanging thread.

SpeedingUptoStop

brandonh83 said:
Widmore leans back in chair and pours a glass of McCutcheon's

Let's see who makes it out of this shit, heh.
:lol :lol The whole show is merely a reality TV series run by widmore industries.

thekad

Banned
Salmonax said:
I thought the pile of canisters was just meant to prove positively that it was the Pearl station, not the Swan, that was the psychological experiment. I certainly don't see that as a hanging thread.

But what about the polar bears?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Also, as far as the actual explanation of the food drop:

The drop occurred during or just after the Swan lockdown. During this, Ben crawled out to the computer to enter the numbers. Ben took suspiciously long to do so and Locke started to fear that he just ran away. But then the doors opened up. We know that you can call a supply drop from the Flame, it makes sense to me that Ben could know how to call one from the Swan as well.

ZeoVGM

Banned
duckroll said:

That actually makes sense. Widmore will be like, "Yo I've been helping you guys the whole time" and then Hurley will say, "I think I know what this means ... you brought us the food drop in season 2, didn't you?" He'll then look directly at the camera and wink.

omg rite said:
That actually makes sense. Widmore will be like, "Yo I've been helping you guys the whole time" and then Hurley will say, "I think I know what this means ... you brought us the food drop in season 2, didn't you?" He'll then look directly at the camera and wink.

And hopefully that's the end of the episode.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
omg rite said:
I'm doubting it at this point. Which kind of sucks, seeing as we were told we'd find out.
We were also told during season 4, that henry gale and libby would be answered.:lol

SpeedingUptoStop

omg rite said:
Then a food drop will crush Widmore immediately thereafter.

Writer's room:" Well that wraps up that plot thread. Only about 16,000 more to go."

Chipopo

Banned
Salmonax said:
They were the first batch of candidates.

yeah. It started with Hurley birds, and that didn't work out. Then they moved on to sharks. It actually took Jacob an insane amount of time to land on humans.

Salmonax

Chipopo said:
yeah. It started with Hurley birds, and that didn't work out. Then they moved on to sharks. It actually took Jacob an insane amount of time to land on humans.
He was knocking back too much of the metaphorical smoke monster.

duckroll

omg rite said:

Nope. Widmore will go "Food? I never sent any food." and then Zoe will come in from behind the camera and go "Oh that was me. We were testing a new long distance electro-magnetic deployment system."

LOST

duckroll

Lafiel said:
We were also told during season 4, that henry gale and libby would be answered.:lol

Both could still be true! In the same conversation where Widmore reveals he's been helping everyone all along, he will also name drop people he had previously sent to watch over the losties - Henry Gale and Libby. And he will lament that they were all killed because of Ben's reluctance to see the truth... "even now."

LOST

SpeedingUptoStop

duckroll said:
Both could still be true! In the same conversation where Widmore reveals he's been helping everyone all along, he will also name drop people he had previously sent to watch over the losties - Henry Gale and Libby. And he will lament that they were all killed because of Ben's reluctance to see the truth... "even now."

LOST
Then Caesar will kick in a door (any door, really - I mean, they could be having this conversation in the jungle and he could still kick a door down) and then shotgun blast Widmore, Omar Little style.

Then cut to Lost screen, with no explanation.

Chipopo

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Then Caesar will kick in a door (any door, really - I mean, they could be having this conversation in the jungle and he could still kick a door down) and then shotgun blast Widmore, Omar Little style.

watch it with the spoilers man. Jeeeezzeee.

threenote

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Yeah. Giacchino is not of this world.
I remember watching a preliminary version of the Pilot. It actually didn't use orchestral music--I'd shudder to think what Lost would be without the orchestral music of Giacchino.

Blader

SpeedingUptoStop said:

"How do?"

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
threenote said:
I remember watching a preliminary version of the Pilot. It actually didn't use orchestral music--I'd shudder to think what Lost would be without the orchestral music of Giacchino.

Is there anywhere I can get a hold of this? Or the preliminary soundtrack? My curiosity is going to kill me.

big ander

silentspork said:
They were trained to push the wheel.
The what?
SpeedingUptoStop said:

Cut to Lost screen, but before it goes away, Vincent trots along the bottom of the screen, looks at the viewer, and winks.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
big ander said:
The what?

Cut to Lost screen, but before it goes away, Vincent trots along the bottom of the screen, looks at the viewer, and winks.

They need to have a dog ending on the Season 6 DVD.

neoism

Has anything been announced about what is coming with the whole box-set, other than all the bluray's? Because I'm definitely getting the encyclopedia, but was wondering if maybe it would come with the boxet or something!

threenote

Banned
ProudClod said:
Is there anywhere I can get a hold of this? Or the preliminary soundtrack? My curiosity is going to kill me.
I used to post on the 4815162342.com forums, and a dude sent me a copy...it's been a few years unfortunately. I'll look for it, though.

threenote

Banned
neoism said:
Has anything been announced about what is coming with the whole box-set, other than all the bluray's? Because I'm definitely getting the encyclopedia, but was wondering if maybe it would come with the boxet or something!
That's not going to happen.

neoism

threenote said:
That's not going to happen.
:/......ol well. Maybe I can sell my s1-5 on gaf for like 100 or something.

wait.. ... I just thought, maybe they will sell the set box separately.

Jak140

Salmonax said:
Except, then why are they dumping them in the jungle? At least dump them into a garbage bin in a building. Who the fug builds a pneumatic tube system that just drops shit in the middle of the jungle? And if it was a psychological experiment, you would think they would at least be interested in what the patients were writing, right?

Salmonax

Jak140 said:
Except, then why are they dumping them in the jungle? At least dump them into a garbage bin in a building. Who the fug builds a pneumatic tube system that just drops shit in the middle of the jungle? And if it was a psychological experiment, you would think they would at least be interested in what the patients were writing, right?
I assumed someone had originally been collecting them and either studying them or just throwing them away, but that the Pearl people survived after the purge and just kept up their duties in a Swan-like fashion in the absence of any further instructions.

Regardless, there are enough very reasonable possible answers to this one with the information given that it hardly seems worth further explanation.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Jak140 said:

They didn't need to know the boring shit that they were writing, only that they kept writing it without question. It was a study of loyalty and obedience in a Milgram experiment type of way. Why they had to test this on the island, however, is still up to question.

Jak140

Salmonax said:
I assumed someone had originally been collecting them and either studying them or just throwing them away, but that the Pearl people survived after the purge and just kept up their duties in a Swan-like fashion in the absence of any further instructions.

Regardless, there are enough very reasonable possible answers to this one with the information given that it hardly seems worth further explanation.
Yeah, but it's still a complex pneumatic tube system that they set up to drop shit in the middle of the jungle instead of somewhere practical--which makes no sense.

Arment

Jak140 said:
Yeah, but it's still a complex pneumatic tube system that they set up to drop shit in the middle of the jungle instead of somewhere practical--which makes no sense.

It doesn't need to. It was awesome finding out they shot out of a tube into nowhere.

Jak140

Arment said:
It doesn't need to. It was awesome finding out they shot out of a tube into nowhere.
Yeah, Lost seems to operate on this principle: "It doesn't have to make sense--it's mindblowing!"

Arment

Jak140 said:
Yeah, Lost seems to operate on this principle: "It doesn't have to make sense--it's mindblowing!"

I'm sure there is a reason, but I don't need the answer to enjoy the fact that someone wrote that much crap and it never got read. And it piled up reallllly high. Whatever led to those circumstances is not really a concern, just the aftermath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom