• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.13: "The Last Recruit" (Citizens On Patrol/[S. Guttenberg Joke] Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jak140 said:
A building of which there is zero apparent sign of ever existing, except for a plastic pneumatic pipe...

I dont understand what the problem is, the test was on the people in the hatch and what they were writing had nothing to with anything, they just tossed it like a tip. Dharma doesnt care about the well being of the island

Jak140

Drealmcc0y said:
I dont understand what the problem is, the test was on the people in the hatch and what they were writing had nothing to with anything, they just tossed it like a tip. Dharma doesnt care about the well being of the island
The Pearl test subjects worked 8 hour shifts. If you really want to go by the explaination that the experimenters just dumped shit in the jungle because they didn't care, then you can realize that their experiment could easily be fucked-up by one of the test subjects stumbling on their big fucking pile of note canisters in the jungle. Like I said, not logical.

Jak140 said:
The Pearl test subjects worked 8 hour shifts. If you really want to go by the explaination that the experimenters just dumped shit in the jungle because they didn't care, then you can realize that their experiment could easily be fucked-up by one of the test subjects stumbling on their big fucking pile of note canisters in the jungle. Like I said, not logical.
Jesus Christ it isn't that big a deal.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Tomorrow can we have a flash-sideways thread where we discuss the episode that aired that really didn't?

/Gonna be weird hanging out here for two weeks.

Yaweee

RichardAM said:
Tomorrow can we have a flash-sideways thread where we discuss the episode that aired that really didn't?

/Gonna be weird hanging out here for two weeks.

Think the plan is for a "Previously on LOST-GAF" thread, with links to all of the old episode over the last six seasons.

Jak140

Freyjadour said:
Jesus Christ it isn't that big a deal.
It's not, but it is a small example of Lost logic. I never meant for it to be a big sticking point, like I said on the previous page, but people keep trying to explain it away like there was nothing illogical about it.

KevinCow

Banned
Maybe they were going to build a building where the tube let out, but the purge killed them off before they could.

I don't know, it is a bit odd, and I'd like to ask Damon and Carlton about it, but it's not going to ruin the show for me if it remains kinda odd.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Yaweee said:
Think the plan is for a "Previously on LOST-GAF" thread, with links to all of the old episode over the last six seasons.

Oh, nice!

I'm just scared that with a week-off i'm going to get bored and go wandering off into the jungle that is the LOST Spoiler threads.

thekad

Banned
Jak140 said:
It's not, but it is a small example of Lost logic. I never meant for it to be a big sticking point, like I said on the previous page, but people keep trying to explain it away like there was nothing illogical about it.

There is nothing illogical about it...

Jak140 said:

Unless they were dumping the tubes in an area they weren't allowed to be in. That way the drones in the tests would have been extremely unlikely to be out there.

Jak140

KevinCow said:
Maybe they were going to build a building where the tube let out, but the purge killed them off before they could.
Who builds the tube before the building? And if they were going to build a building, but were killed off first why did they have time to accumulate a huge ass pile? :lol Sorry, I don't know why I bother to keep responding to these.

Jak140

Captain_Spanky said:
Unless they were dumping the tubes in an area they weren't allowed to be in. That way the drones in the tests would have been extremely unlikely to be out there.

It's still an unnecessary risk that could easily be avoided by anyone with enough sense to have the pipe drop off into a waste facility as opposed to the middle of the jungle. Not to mention that they are on a fucking island; it can't be easy to get that many canisters there. Would it not make a lot more sense to have the notes tossed and canister's reused as opposed to piling them in the jungle?

EDIT:BTW, guys, I'm not saying it ruins the show for me or anything. I'm just saying it's one more thing they tossed in for mindblowingness that doesn't really make sense when you think about it. That's all. It's really not a big deal.

Nameless

Dragon-Age is going to make a week without LOST fly by. Wow @ that game.

Still gathering threads. I have all of seasons 3,4 and 5. Most of Season 2. Still making progress on S1. Should be more than enough for a decent thread in any event.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Jak140 said:
A building of which there is zero apparent sign of ever existing, except for a plastic pneumatic pipe...

BTW. Kate's horse, guys. Kate's horse. Kate's motherfucking horse. Think about it.

Well, there are horses on the island (70's Widmore rode up and knocked the fuck outta Jack).

That, plus Kate is dumb for thinking it's the same horse. It's just another horse of the same color. A common color!

Jak140

Lonestar said:
Well, there are horses on the island (70's Widmore rode up and knocked the fuck outta Jack).

That, plus Kate is dumb for thinking it's the same horse. It's just another horse of the same color. A common color!
Most likely. I can get behind any theory that involves Kate being dumb. However, Kate's horse. Kate's horse. Kaaaaaaaate's Hoooooooooooooorrrrrsssssse.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Jak140 said:
Most likely. I can get behind any theory that involves Kate being dumb. However, Kate's horse. Kate's horse. Kaaaaaaaate's Hoooooooooooooorrrrrsssssse.

I was debating myself whether or not to end my theory with

That, plus Kate is dumb

Instead of continuing on.

threenote

Banned
KevinCow said:
There needs to be a Locke's Bogus Journey on the S6 soundtrack.
probably not going to happen considering the fact that Locke has been sitting in the fucking jungle all season doing nothing.

threenote

Banned
Prince of Space said:
2dlou1f.jpg

:lol

DarkWish

WOW... I can't believe I missed that. I didn't realize they revealed that Daniel was Widmore's son in The Variable in Season 5, I totally missed that. That's why I was flipping out in Happily Ever After when that was referenced. So imagine my surprise as I re-watch The Variable and Widmore says he is his son. And I count myself among those that listen in very carefully to the show for all the little details, so I'm surprised I missed that lol.

Blowing my mind that I didn't blow my mind when my mind should have been blown... LOST.

Solo

threenote said:
beat me to the punch. what an awesome soundtrack, fuck the haters (cough solo cough).

Its not hating to point out that S5's score is factually the worst. Is it better than S1's? Oh fuck no :lol Better than S2's? Nope. Better than S3's? Helllllll no. Better than S4's? Again, :lol

KevinCow

Banned
I just noticed an interesting parallel between Ben's comment on Ilana's death - that the island killed her because it was done with her - and Faraday's death - where Damon and Carlton pretty explicitly stated that they killed him off because they were done with the time travel aspect of the show and they didn't need him to explain stuff anymore.

The Island = Damon and Carlton? :O

MMaRsu

Banned
omg rite said:
wk1h1j.jpg

My current new wallpaper.

Damn that's an awesome wallpaper. I'd use it if my roommate wouldn't see it :lol . Smackdab in the middle of S2 right now, we are just about to watch the episode were we first meet.....Henry Gale! ;)

Solo

It never occurred to me until now how awesome of a choice "Search and Destroy" was for Sawyer to be listening to in The Subsitute. I mean, the song is fucking awesome, but the lyrical content has so many applications to LOST, especially with MIB, so it was fitting it played over his moving around.

I'm a street walking cheetah
With a heart full of napalm
I'm a runaway son
Of the nuclear A-bomb

I am a world's forgotten boy
The one who searches and destroys

Honey gotta help me please
Somebody gotta save my soul
Baby detonates for me

Look out honey,
'Cause I'm using technology
Ain't got time
To make no apology

Soul radiation in the dead of night
Love in the middle of a fire fight

Honey gotta strike me blind
Somebody gotta save my soul
Baby penetrates my mind

And I'm the world's forgotten boy
The one who's searchin', searchin' to destroy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irskrVvKR1E

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Solo said:
Its not hating to point out that S5's score is factually the worst. Is it better than S1's? Oh fuck no :lol Better than S2's? Nope. Better than S3's? Helllllll no. Better than S4's? Again, :lol
Haven't listened to the S5 soundtrack, but are you sure your hate from it doesn't come from the fact that you hate the actual S5 with a passion.:p :lol

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Would be better if it had Christian and Widmore, and ditched Nikki and Paulo. Still pretty cool though.

Solo

Lafiel said:
Haven't listened to the S5 soundtrack, but are you sure your hate from it doesn't come from the fact that you hate the actual S5 with a passion.:p :lol

Yes. I hate S5, but that is completely separate from the music. A lot of shitty movies have great scores, and a lot of great ones have poor scores. Im a HUGE fan of original scores for movies/TV, and I easily can divorce the music from what it accompanies. Giacchino just simply didnt come up with as many great cues as hes done every other season.

Jak140

Arment said:
Confirmed to be Smokey in 2007. (If you're serious. Which there's a good chance you are.)
I like the "there are horses on the island" explanation better. Why is Smokey pretending to be Kate's horse? Besides I think I heard on one of the recent Lost podcasts Darlton not confirming or denying the horse's smokiness. So until I hear or see something definitive on the show, I'm sticking with Lonestar's Kate is dumb theory. :p

Blader

Jak140 said:
I like the "there are horses on the island" explanation better. Why is Smokey pretending to be Kate's horse? Besides I think I heard on one of the recent Lost podcasts Darlton not confirming or denying the horse's smokiness. So until I hear or see something definitive on the show, I'm sticking with Lonestar's Kate is dumb theory. :p

To drive her crazy.

G-Fex

So besides supposedly leading jack to water, how else has the smoke monster helped? Or was he just bored and began to pick off people he didn't like that weren't candidates.

legend166

Have we talked about the obvious plot hole in relation to the time that has elapsed between 815 landing in LAX and everyone arriving at the hospital yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom