• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.15: "Across The Sea" (You Can't Really Balance An Egg On The Equinox Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
brandon, you are uniquely and miraculously special.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Veidt said:
When's the next thread going up?
got my final exam tomorrow and wondering whether i should watch LOST before...or After...
I'm so glad I'm out of school now I don't have to worry about this. I'd recommend after, because you won't be able to think about much else after tomorrow night's ep.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I'm so glad I'm out of school now I don't have to worry about this. I'd recommend after, because you won't be able to think about much else after tomorrow night's ep.
Either watch it 5 AM..or 6 PM

I don't know man, I don't think I can hold out that long.

But if I do though, I might just hold of watching that entire episode, up until sunday and watch 3 hours of LOST in one sitting.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Solo said:
The writers hate some of us more than others, though.
The writers don't hate anybody more than John Locke hates himself.

normal_3x22-glass0997.jpg

locke-suicide.jpg

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
The writers don't hate anybody more than John Locke hates himself.

normal_3x22-glass0997.jpg

locke-suicide.jpg
"Aww I can't fuckin' do it, sheeeiiiiiiit ;_;"

Catalix

brandonh83 said:
bah the Hyrda Island episodes are some of my favorites!
here, here. Loved the atmosphere and tension.

One hate train I can't be a part of.

Gif's I made last Tuesday but never posted... I hate wasting things.

wlezvm.jpg

2uh5p9j.jpg

... and it's been near 100 pages since I last posted this, gonna give this another outing before we move onto bigger and better things.

2uz5tlg.jpg

Blader

Temple episodes were actually related to the main story.

Hydra Island episodes were a waste of time. And Further Instructions was lol

Catalix

Keyser Soze said:
Gif's I made last Tuesday but never posted... I hate wasting things.

http://i42.tinypic.com/wlezvm.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2uh5p9j.jpg[IMG]

... and it's been near 100 pages since I last posted this, gonna give this another outing before we move onto bigger and better things.

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2uz5tlg.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Excellent. All 3 :lol :lol

Mifune

Mehmber
Hydra Island stuff was great. Ben Linus mindfuckery all over the place, Red Sox champions, Polar Bear biscuits, the OTHER island, number-stamped rabbits, Sawyer gets conned, and the opening of Tale of Two Cities.

Yes, in retrospect it didn't add that much to the overall mythology and narrative, but it doesn't change the fact that Hydra gave us some tense, creepy shit and great character moments.

RichardAM said:
6000 is good, but i'm still pretty sure this thread is only the Hydra Island compared to next week's proper Island.

It'll be catastrophic. There will be 6000 posts per every question not answered.

Dead

well not really...yet
Mifune said:
Hydra Island stuff was great. Ben Linus mindfuckery all over the place, Red Sox champions, Polar Bear biscuits, the OTHER island, number-stamped rabbits, Sawyer gets conned, and the opening of Tale of Two Cities.

Yes, in retrospect it didn't add that much to the overall mythology and narrative, but it doesn't change the fact that Hydra gave us some tense and creepy moments loaded with great character beats.
Yeah, never understood the hate for those episodes. I suppose it helped I watched Season 3 in one go.

Catalix

Mifune said:

Yes, in retrospect it didn't add that much to the overall mythology and narrative, but it doesn't change the fact that Hydra gave us some tense, creepy shit and great character moments.
Great list. The Temple nonsense is laughable in comparison.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Mifune said:

I think this is the most important bit- so much character development, and the introduction of Juliet and "Ben" instead of "Henry". That S3 opening brought it all together and set up the rest of the season.

Coming off the S2 finale and the explosion it was easy to be disappointed (so much Locke/Eko/Desmond mess in those six episodes), but the early S3 was stuff that I loved.

Blader

Tale of Two Cities is alright. The Glass Ballerina and Further Instructions were not good. The Sawyer ep was a total waste of time. Cost of Living was good, but had nothing to do with Hydra Island. I Do has a great ending, but otherwise another dumb Kate episode that only serves as fodder for Skater fans. And can we count Stranger in a Strange Land among the Hydra eps?

By contrast, LA X, The Substitute, Lighthouse, and Sundown were all different variations of good, and at least WKD had that dock scene.

Temple arc > Hydra Island arc

Mifune

Mehmber
Catalix said:
Great list. The Temple nonsense is laughable in comparison.

Yes. I hated the Temple so much. Stupid cardboard-looking set.

Compare that to the motherfucking shark tank. It can't be done.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Son of Godzilla said:
I've got my fingers crossed they bring back Ana Lucia. Hottest LOST chick ev.
Your taste is always so off...I have no idea what's going on. :lol

NimbusD

Zeliard said:
Where did the term "smoke monster" originate? Is that what they called it in the early scripts? I was watching Lost back when Season 1 was running, but I don't remember.

I don't think the show even had a name for it till last season.

Ben mentioned that, "We don't even have a name for it, but I believe you call it the monster." And I don't even remember them ever calling it anything other than a pillar of smoke (ITS NOT EVEN A FRIKKEN PILLAR!)

Dead

well not really...yet
Blader5489 said:
Tale of Two Cities is alright. The Glass Ballerina and Further Instructions were not good. The Sawyer ep was a total waste of time. Cost of Living was good, but had nothing to do with Hydra Island. I Do has a great ending, but otherwise another dumb Kate episode that only serves as fodder for Skater fans. And can we count Stranger in a Strange Land among the Hydra eps?

By contrast, LA X, The Substitute, Lighthouse, and Sundown were all different variations of good, and at least WKD had that dock scene.

Temple arc > Hydra Island arc
I dunno. They were both fine. Lots of overreacting imo regarding these 2 sets of episodes :p

The temple arc was definitely fine. Substitute, Lighthouse and Sundown were all good to great episodes. Only bad one in the bunch was WKD and that wasn't bad due to the temple.

Catalix

NimbusD said:
I don't think the show even had a name for it till last season.

Ben mentioned that, "We don't even have a name for it, but I believe you call it the monster." And I don't even remember them ever calling it anything other than a pillar of smoke (ITS NOT EVEN A FRIKKEN PILLAR!)
Locke S4: What is the Smoke Monster?

edit-wait, correction. he just calls it "the Monster" that time, then says:

"The black smoke, the Monster, what is it?"

Lakitu

st5fu
The temple didn't get much screentime. It's only used in LA X part 2, What Kate Does, Lighthouse (and not much at all in this) and Sundown. I didn't think the Temple parts were exhilarating though, except for Sundown.

NimbusD

Catalix said:
Locke S4: What is the Smoke Monster?

edit-wait, correction. he just calls it "the Monster" that time, then says:

"The black smoke, the Monster, what is it?"

Ok fine, but no one else did. (Note: I'm probably wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom