• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.16: "What They Died For"

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Today at work I really couldn't stop thinking about this show. I can not believe it is really ending today. I am gonna miss this show.

Streaks

if I recall correctly during the Times Talk thing he kind of talked about how Locke was giving a speech about what he saw being beautiful. The monster wasn't going to kill him but perhaps was there to discourage that belief in everyone.

Solo

StoOgE said:
Solo.. I have a lost party so it will probably be 30 minutes after this is over before I can get in the thread. Try not to get banned before I can join you.

Unless Locke comes back to save the day, then I expect you will have gotten the sickness and become one of "them"

If Locke comes back to save the day, I won't be one of them. I'll be leading them.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I've had 3.5 years to prepare for this day. I thought I'd be more than ready to face the end by now.

I M NOT R

Catalix said:
I've had 3.5 years to prepare for this day. I thought I'd be more than ready to face the end by now.

I M NOT R

I'm sad cause I started watching Lost a few weeks before Season 6 started. I envy those who have experience the show since day one for they have had 6 years of orgasm while I had a few weeks of premature ejaculation... :(

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
"We survive this, we survive tonight....we're gonna have a Solo problem."
Fixed. If he ends up being right, that is :p

shagg_187 said:
I'm sad cause I started watching Lost a few weeks before Season 6 started. I envy those who have experience the show since day one for they have had 6 years of orgasm while I had a few weeks of premature ejaculation... :(
Same here. I've grown so attached to this show in a few short months I can't imagine what the people who have watched since the beginning are feeling right now. Probably how I felt with the sopranos and six feet under. I'm still super emotionally invested, though. Even if I only started watching in February.

2ihpidj.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
criesofthepast said:
Same here. I've grown so attached to this show in a few short months I can't imagine what the people who have watched since the beginning are feeling right now. Probably how I felt with the sopranos and six feet under. I'm still super emotionally invested, though. Even if I only started watching in February.
It's heavy feeling now, but i don't think I'll really grasp how much I miss it until the next TV season rolls around and it isn't there to look forward to.

The show has been there to shape me most of my formative years. Feels like I'm growing up now.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
It's heavy feeling now, but i don't think I'll really grasp how much I miss it until the next TV season rolls around and it isn't there to look forward to.

The show has been there to shape me most of my formative years. Feels like I'm growing up now.

I'm the same really. I was watching from day 0 (pilot leaked online, thanks AICN!) and I've been there every episode since. End of an era.

Catalix

shagg_187 said:
Been there since day one, myself. Bittersweet doesn't even begin to describe my feelings ;_;

At least you got a taste of the fan hysteria during the final season. :D I feel kinda sorry for the folks who'll miss out on all of that, after today.

Solo said:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt

Thanks for the heads up, man. I was just on there listening to Giacc. No more MG til after the finale I guess :lol

Aw man, come on AGD! Tell him! Look what you've done!

Solo

BenjaminBirdie said:
I actually started watching about 1/4 into Season 1. I missed Walkabout "live", one of my all time greatest regrets.

:(

Thread-wise, you didnt miss much. LOST GAF was fucking pathetic until about S4. When a man arrived. A man who I would come to know as...

Solo

LOST

Is there going to be an Epilogue LOST thread after The End? Or is The End thread going to be the last LOST thread ever?

LOST: The Complete Series Discussion

Solo

criesofthepast said:
LOST: The Complete Series Discussion

There really isnt a need for such a thing until like a year after the show is over. Give it some space, then revisit it with fresh eyes. The thread for The End should contain all LOST dicussion for the next 3-4 weeks.

It's here. I kind of just ignored the fact that LOST is ending but it all hit me today. Now I am getting nervous, scared, of course excited. Hold me.

Solo said:
There really isnt a need for such a thing until like a year after the show is over. Give it some space, then revisit it with fresh eyes. The thread for The End should contain all LOST dicussion for the next 3-4 weeks.

I agree with Solo.

Catalix

thekad

Banned
Solo said:
Thread-wise, you didnt miss much. LOST GAF was fucking pathetic until about S4. When a man arrived. A man who I would come to know as...

Solo

LOST

Have you ever stopped to think that these...delusions that you're special aren't real? That maybe there's nothing important about you at all? Maybe you're just a lonely, lame GAFfer that posted in a thread. That's it.

Nameless

So much love & excitement on LOST-GAF right now. After tonight it will morph into hate & sadness w/ a tinge of stupidity.

*takes in the fresh air*

Solo

DeathNote said:
i expect a rewatch thread sooner than later. it'll be my first rewatch and watching it with final knowledge will be great.

Oh, Im sure someone will start a rewatch thread like 2 weeks after the finale airs :lol

Personally though? Ive already decided I will begin my rewatch on September 22, 2011. 16 whole months LOST-free.

Solo

thekad said:
Have you ever stopped to think that these...delusions that you're special aren't real? That maybe there's nothing important about you at all? Maybe you're just a lonely, lame GAFfer that posted in a thread. That's it.

Your moderator says hi, thekad.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Solo said:
Oh, Im sure someone will start a rewatch thread like 2 weeks after the finale airs :lol

Personally though? Ive already decided I will begin my rewatch on September 22, 2011. 16 whole months LOST-free.
assuming I have the money to buy the blu-ray box set, mine will start after August 24, 2010 and before December 2010.

edit: oh, and that encyclopedia releases August 16, 2010. that'll be some more info to read before the rewatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom