• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey [FREE!] and Blue Dragon [$19] available for digital download!

Garlador

Blue Dragon is a game I've always wanted to play, really stoked to pick this up on X1.

I bought Lost Odyssey when it came out and the game was too long, the game dragged so hard. Just words on words on words on words. Never got past the first disc.

It gets so much better after the first disc.

Gestault

Absolutely stellar. I brought the digital Blue Dragon (despite having a physical already) in appreciation for the digital Lost Odyssey (despite having a physical already).

Lost Odyssey is among my favorite JPRGs. Story, strategy, pacing, and even voice acting are all a cut above.

I can't believe I'm about to say that but is it possible o have too much free* games?

Between GWG, ea access and ms giving free games every now and then I'm kinda already building a backlog of free games as well XD

Breakage

Do I have to complete the download for it to be in my download history for future downloads? I've got an X360 with no space (60GB hard drive).

Zedox

Don't get my hopes up, KOTOR b/c would be AMAZING.

Only 50% of players downloaded this free game.

Breakage said:
Do I have to complete the download for it to be in my download history for future downloads? I've got an X360 with no space (60GB hard drive).

No, my 360 has been full for a while now...I get all the GWG and BC free titles with no worry. It's to your account.

Ack, that won't work. I missed out on LO the first time around because I never adopted 360. Oh well, I can wait... another ten years...

Have a MS account? Get the game for free and have it on your digital library - forever. When you have a chance - maybe you will get to own an xbox one or future iteration and play LO!

dont miss out on getting this game for free. Know a friend with an xbox one? Sign in with your Ms account and bada-bing badaboom it will be there waiting for you to install.

i hope you dont have to wait 10 years.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Blue Dragon is also fantastic. Wish we would get more retro vibe JRPGs like it. Felt like a reimagining of those old school games without the downsides of the ancidnt technology.

SilentRob

Lost Odyssey is my favorite JRPG of all time. It's the HD Final Fantasy you always wanted but never got. What a great gift.

I'm definitely gonna download this but can someone briefly describe the combat. I don't really play jrpgs and in fact the last one I played was ff13 and I thought it was alright.

SilentRob

I'm definitely gonna download this but can someone briefly describe the combat. I don't really play jrpgs and in fact the last one I played was ff13 and I thought it was alright.

It's as traditional as they come. Do you know Final Fantasy X's combat system? Exactly like that. Turn based and you chose the commands for every character in your party.

gdt

Yo what?

I've been meaning to play LO for years. Time to turn on the XB1 for the first time in months.

Is Lost Odyssey worth the time? I'm the classic Parent-GAF with very little time for gaming. When I'm playing (and beating) like 4 games a year, is this worth including in that list?

Top Bottom