• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey [FREE!] and Blue Dragon [$19] available for digital download!

SilentRob

Is Lost Odyssey worth the time? I'm the classic Parent-GAF with very little time for gaming. When I'm playing (and beating) like 4 games a year, is this worth including in that list?

It's a long game and it's entirely dependent on how much you like classic JRPGs. If you like those, this is the best one.

It's as traditional as they come. Do you know Final Fantasy X's combat system? Exactly like that. Turn based and you chose the commands for every character in your party.
Thanks for the quick response. I played X when I was younger, maybe like when I was 10 and didn't have the patience for it but I enjoy turn based combat now so I'll give this a good go.

zewone

Is Lost Odyssey worth the time? I'm the classic Parent-GAF with very little time for gaming. When I'm playing (and beating) like 4 games a year, is this worth including in that list?

If you love the classic Final Fantasies.

It's very old school. It's a long game with a great story and great characters. Truly loved it and an amazing exclusive.

jennetics

YESSSSSSSS
giphy.gif

Ouroboros

My favorite JRPGs of last generation. The battle system is classic turnbased and some critics say 'too slow'. I loved it though and would throw a 10 out of 10 image all over the box art if I could.

Hawk269

Even though I have the disc version of LO, I grabbed the digital license for free thanks to this. Such a great gift and a wonderful game to boot. Really out of the blue as well for them to do this being we still have Games for Gold free games this month. But not complaining giving people one of the best RPG's from the last gen for FREE is great! Thanks OP for posting and thanks MS for giving fans a great game!!

zewone

One thing people won't have to suffer through was how bad the load times were prior to having HDD install options. And no disc swapping.

What a time to be alive.

Logash

Got it even though I don't own an Xbox because this is on my must play list. Also, the last game I played on XB was Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare... My XBL account is like a time machine

enemy2k

Fuck yeah. I already own a physical copy but now i have it digitally too. I 100% the game achievement wise including the dlc dungeon back on the 360!

Thank you MS!

Edit: Might replay this on my xbox one!

Admodieus

Really have to wonder if this is a prelude to a Lost Odyssey 2 announcement at E3. It's one of a small number of XBox titles that would create a reaction similar to what Sony's gotten at recent events.

DCX

DCX
I went to the Xbox Store on the app and both LO and Blue Dragon show " play on Xbox One "

Are they attached to my account already?

DCX

Top Bottom