• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shyamalan announces sequel to Unbreakable on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

1nxjt2.jpg

I guess I'll have to watch Unbreakable. On a side note, I just wish he got his mojo back before he did the last airbender.

He's saying it's called GLASS on twitter now. McAvoy and Ana Taylor-Joy are returning as well. Jan 2019 release date

That's cool, wanted to see what happens with her character.

Truant

Unbreakable is one of very few legitimately good comic book films, and has Bruce Willis and Sam LJ' best performances.

Split was a step in the right direction, but it still had some of that weird mid-low tier Shamalan writing. Hopefully this will be a return to form.

And please shoot it on film.

I guess I'll have to watch Unbreakable. On a side note, I just wish he got his mojo back before he did the last airbender.

The reason why there was no mojo is because it's just not his style. People are now back on board because he's back on his home turf-- thrillers. He got experimental (nothing wrong with that) and it backfired hard.

wildfire

Banned
He's saying it's called GLASS on twitter now. McAvoy and Ana Taylor-Joy are returning as well. Jan 2019 release date

So we get to find out if she dies a villain or lives long enough to become a hero

(this subversion of that famous line is intentional and is reflective of what I believe happens after where Spilt ends)

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Unbreakable is better, but Split is the first decent movie he's did since The Village.

The Visit was fine, other than the scenes where the kid raps. Its funny to me how serious and dramatic Unbreakable tries to be when the story is really silly. Never saw The Village.

Thank goodness I was able to experience Split in theaters before these announcements as that feeling of being completely blown away at the last minute was something else:

giphy.gif

People hyped for an M. Night movie? Feels good man.

Some of us have been waiting, knowing he would come back.

The Visit was fine, other than the scenes where the kid raps. Its funny to me how serious and dramatic Unbreakable tries to be when the story is really silly. Never saw The Village.

Really didn't care for it, which took me by surprise after the word of mouth. It wasn't awful but I felt indifferent toward it. It was no After Earth lol

Surprised to see people loved Unbreakable so much, to me that movie was somewhat good but it hinted at the nonstop shit movies Shyamalan would do for the next decade and a half until he finally got it right again with Split. It was still interesting, however if you looked real close you can see he was running out of steam and just craving to make terrible films. It was kind of a beginning of the end thing for me, but Split got me on board again so what the hell.

Beaulieu

"its like that guy, from a few years back... what was his name?"
"Mr. Glass..."

not it's not. Its not at all like that guy mr glass.
one was a wheelchair bound psychopath with no "superpower", the other one is a girls kidnapper who turns into an animal.
how is it even slightly similar, bruce willis ?

even the old lady that asked is like "wtf is that guy about" and gets the fuck outta the counter

spoiler : split fucking sucks. the visit is a way better shyamalanmanslan movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom