• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
I never said they were your bitter tears :D

Though you do still seem too torn up about a game from weeks ago that you won.

I'm just waiting for someone to punt your Simeon Rice/Javon Walker abusing play on out of here.

Andokuky

Banned
LukeSmith said:
I'm just waiting for someone to punt your Simeon Rice/Javon Walker abusing play on out of here.

If people can't stop it and I am not abusing any rules or flaws in the game then why are you still crying about it? Rors did an outstanding job gearing his defense towards stopping Walker in our playoff game, he was constantly double and triple teamed and for the most part he shut him down and my offense suffered greatly because no one else had really ever tried anything. I guess losing then complaining about "cheese" is easier for some than trying to do something about it. Either way, I'll sit here and banter back and forth with you and laugh it off because I don't really care what you have to say, FMT is a good commish and if I was truly doing something sketchy he'd of booted my ass out of here already.

See: vumpler :D

Ramirez

Andokuky said:
If people can't stop it and I am not abusing any rules or flaws in the game then why are you still crying about it? Rors did an outstanding job gearing his defense towards stopping Walker in our playoff game, he was constantly double and triple teamed and for the most part he shut him down and my offense suffered greatly because no one else had really ever tried anything. I guess losing then complaining about "cheese" is easier for some than trying to do something about it. Either way, I'll sit here and banter back and forth with you and laugh it off because I don't really care what you have to say, FMT is a good commish and if I was truly doing something sketchy he'd of booted my ass out of here already.

See: vumpler :D

I find it amusing you complain about bullshit after losing, when you pretty much mocked me after our game for doing the same. :) I think it's pretty apparent no one cares for your attitude, and some have beef with the way you play.

Andokuky

Banned
Ramirez said:
I find it amusing you complain about bullshit after losing, when you pretty much mocked me after our game for doing the same. :) I think it's pretty apparent no one cares for your attitude, and some have beef with the way you play.

Yea except that I already gave Rors all the credit in the world for shutting Walker down and didn't accuse him of any "bullshit". And I didn't mock you for shit, I just thought it was funny that so many times on the forum you told everyone complaining about bullshit AI and ninja interceptions that they should just throw the ball more carefully and then in our game you throw not 1, not 2 but 3 passes into double and triple coverage and then come to the boards complaining about bullshit.

Idk what attitude you're talking about, nor do I really care, and maybe less people would have had beef with the way I play had they let me know about it instead of just apparently whispering to each other on AIM about it all season long :lol But anyway woohoo here's another argument I apparently started for people to later complain about :lol

Ramirez

Yup, bad throws happen when you have about .5 seconds to throw. :lol I actually had time to throw when I was defending the passing game, and I can still throw perfectly fine when I have more than a second to make a read, which hasn't been alot lately, but whatever. I haven't whispered anything on AIM about your playstyle, could care less about how you play, I do think you're a douche though.

Andokuky

Banned
Ramirez said:
Yup, bad throws happen when you have about .5 seconds to throw. :lol I actually had time to throw when I was defending the passing game, and I can still throw perfectly fine when I have more than a second to make a read, which hasn't been alot lately, but whatever. I haven't whispered anything on AIM about your playstyle, could care less about how you play, I do think you're a douche though.

Sometimes I forget what serious business the internets is.

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
Yea except that I already gave Rors all the credit in the world for shutting Walker down and didn't accuse him of any "bullshit". And I didn't mock you for shit, I just thought it was funny that so many times on the forum you told everyone complaining about bullshit AI and ninja interceptions that they should just throw the ball more carefully and then in our game you throw not 1, not 2 but 3 passes into double and triple coverage and then come to the boards complaining about bullshit.

Idk what attitude you're talking about, nor do I really care, and maybe less people would have had beef with the way I play had they let me know about it instead of just apparently whispering to each other on AIM about it all season long :lol But anyway woohoo here's another argument I apparently started for people to later complain about :lol

Andokuky said:
GG. A loss like that just shows what a piece of shit this game is sometimes. I hold Oakland to 115 yards of offense, their only meaningful offensive play all game is a toss in double coverage to Porter off Russel's back foot as he is rolling out AWAY from the WR and I lose the game because back to back spider AI interceptions are returned for touchdowns. And then I made a bonehead throw on the next drive that was also picked, and then the drive after that Henry bounces outside and looks to have a first down but nope, fumble. Again, GG.

Amazing

ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

Andokuky

Banned
LukeSmith said:

Andokuky said:
Rors did an outstanding job gearing his defense towards stopping Walker in our playoff game, he was constantly double and triple teamed and for the most part he shut him down and my offense suffered greatly because no one else had really ever tried anything.

And that post came before Ramirez first chimed in. So yea, amazing.

Also, who in this league doesn't come to the boards with some sour grapes after a loss, especially with this game and the way it goes down some times? But that's ok, continue to piss and moan about me doing something a lot of other people do.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn that is game. Good game, and I would have been right in it but I don't know what the heck gets into Brady James and Brandon Jacobs. I guess it is BJ power. James all of a sudden makes incredible plays and Jacobs puts it on the mat at every opportunity.

Ah well, I told you guys I would lose this one. The part that bothers me is that my D didn't let me down at all, it was the turnovers that put Shawn in scoring position twice, inside the 10. It just feels like my team can't even match up, aside from the fumbles and Brady James literally taking the ball away from Jacobs and Shockey, four drops as well, one of those was in the fourth quarter, fourth down, in my redzone.

GG Wellie, that was epic bro!!

As usualy Wellie's defense is pretty stout, this game came down to me playing some rugged defense and getting turnovers. While I wasnt able to run up and down the field on him this game, but I was able to cash in with touchdowns instead of field goals on those turnovers I got. When I got my lead I played it safe offensively and relied on my defense.

The way the game ended...

Wellie was driving on his final drive trying to secure a game tying score. I stop him somehwere in my ten yard line when he went for it on a 4th and 4. This was a crazy game with lots of funny turnovers, and I'm lucky to have grinded out the win!!

FMT let's get our game on tonight, what time is good for you?

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I was thinking about setting up a webcam and aiming it at the screen, but I just said fuck it.
I vote for the superbowl to be shown online. GAF TV. Great idea wellie. By the way, what are you doing next Thursday? The 8th?

DCX

That's cool, just holla at me...

Not to be predicting anything...but I'm down to play Rors later tonight if I win. Considering the Super Bowl would have to wait until next week on Wednesday because of my trip tomorrow, I wanna try and do my part to get this over with so the draft can keep on moving.

Phew...I need a cigarette after that game!! :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man what is with my trend, if I make the WC, I go to the superbowl. If I get a bye I am one and done.

I'm going to have nightmares about this game because it really could have gone either way, I just got the bad breaks at the inopportune times. Here is the scoring breakdown:

My first play from scrimmage I show a 3-1-1 and it's a run. I audibled to a pass from shotgun, 41 yard pass to Shockey who broke a tackle to get into the open field.

I got the ball back and in the second quarter was driving, could not cash in totally, so 10-0 I was up.

Shawn comes back with a PA pass to Terry Glenn. I was in a cover 3 shell with a blitzing RCB. The safety overtop misses the swat and Glenn easily runs it in for a TD.

I throw a pick to Brady James (jumped an out route) and he takes it down to the 4 yard line. 2 plays later Shawn runs it in, now 14-10 him.

I run a pass play, checked off Burress and Shockey, so I dumped off to Jacobs, but the pass goes by him (mind you he is about 3 yards away) and it hits Brady James in the gut. He takes it down inside the ten, Shawn scores with a 6 yard run with Julius Jones.

FG by me.

That fucking last play will forever haunt me. Fourth and four, one minute left in the game. I had spell HB on my formation, forgot to take it off and said fuck it, at this point I would much rather have Ward than fumble master Jacobs. Check off Shockey and Burress, pass to Ward who does the catch then drop animation because Shawn hit him with either Ratliff or Johnson. Game over. In hindsigh on that play I should have done one of two things: Either had Jacobs in because he has better hands, or ran it for the first with Eli who had a clear lane (Looked like Shawn was in a cover 2).

Next season I need one of two things, an accurate QB, or an RB that can hold the ball.

Man look at the game stats! :lol

For sure it was a different type of game than what I was used to. Instead of scoring my way to the victory it really was a game of Wellington's offense vs. my defense. Wellie had 52 offensive plays vs my paltry 23 offensive plays. Considering how long I had the ball, I was happy with putting up 21 points. He moved the ball probably the best he ever has against me, but he was held to FGs instead of touchdowns when the drives got deep in my territory.

While Wellington had a chance to do something at the end to tie it up for overtime, IMO the settling for FGs is what the big difference in the game was. My big foot kicker had alot to do with that though as Wellie had to typically start from his twenty when he got the ball. It's hard scoring touchdowns on those really long drives because a variety of things can and did happen with the turnovers.

Hey FMT, I'll be home sometime around 5-6:30 PST. I'm going to try and catch American Gangster in a couple hours and it's a 2.5 hour movie. After that I'm home to play our game.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
[edit] nm... Go LJ! Hopefully, the Pats don't cause 14 FF.

I'll play you if you were looking for a scrim game, try out one of my bottom feeder teams I'm going to have to pick.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
I'll play you if you were looking for a scrim game, try out one of my bottom feeder teams I'm going to have to pick.
I can't right now. My original post was about how no one wanted to play the Pats if they didn't have to. :lol

I'd be up for one later, if you're still around. :D

You know, there really aren't that many bad teams and even the superbowl loser will get a decent team since they won't be at the bottom of the list.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
[edit] nm... Go LJ! Hopefully, the Pats don't cause 14 FF.

:lol

The first game was free of that, though they did kill Lynch after his 9th carry. I won that game.

Second game was a whole different story. Moss busted out big. Moss had 252 yards at the least, Stallworth another 70 or so. He was up 7-0, I threw a pick in the redzone, which he eventually turned into a deep bomb to Moss 14-0. I fumble the KR. I stop him. Driving around his 20, fumble. I ended up taking the lead in the second half, because he missed a long FG. A long pass to Welker ended up killing me, and he went up. Beat me with a FG.

GG DJ, I had fun in that second game, we both slung the ball around.

LiveWire

Well, first two games ever with the Pats.

In the first, despite having a +2 turnover margin I lost to LJ 24-10 (? can't remember the score exactly). My first game playing as the Pats. Defensively did very well, offense did nothing. So I went into practice mode for a few minutes and then LJ was kind enough to play me again. This time, the defensive effort was a lot less (although I still had 2 INTs and 2FFs), but Moss (5 for 200, 2 TDs) and Welker (1TD) worked much better. Still barely scraped by 24-23. Need some more fine tuning. Been calling like 90% passing plays, gotta get Maroney more involved.

LJ11 plays really really tough though! :O If he remains the Bills and we keep the divisions the same I can foresee a rivalry coming...ggs man.

Let's get this game on the road, bitches. And Shawn, I hope you don't talk on that iPhone during movies since you are posting :) We need live updates tonight!!!

DCX

DCX
dammitmattt said:
Let's get this game on the road, bitches. And Shawn, I hope you don't talk on that iPhone during movies since you are posting. We need live updates tonight!!!
online feed with a webcam..although, we would see all your plays, but still

DCX

Top Bottom