• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Going to try to make this as short as possible, but I know it won't be. Here are details you need to know:

1. This is a sim league. You are required to manually enter your player and team stats after every game. Please consult the league rules section of our site (http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rules/?lid=1307)

2. The league will have identical divisions and schedule to the real NFL.

3. I want to make it perfectly clear that you are going to have games with varying lag. You're going to have games where the game is running a notch or two (or more!) slower than single player. Dudes, I can't help this. So if this is going to be a huge issue for you or you refuse to play this way, let me know and I will find a replacement. Not to be a dick about it, but we all have to deal with lag and it's no ones fault in this league, so the league shouldn't suffer for it. So if you're going to blow up at someone cause they have lag, don't bother.

4. One more note regarding that: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you aren't downloading anything, make sure you have no torrents running, make sure your roommates or family or whatever doesn't have anything else running. It is one thing if EA is ****ing with us by having crappy netcode, it's another thing when you are screwing up the connection cause of that stuff. It's hard enough to get a decent game going as is, so make sure everything is ok on your end!

5. You will have 5 days to play your games. You will not be allowed to play past the current week and enter your stats. All weeks except the "Current Week" will be locked. I discourage from playing ahead and writing your stats down, but if you have to for whatever reason then that is an option. Weeks will advance on the 5th day at 6 PM PST. For instance, if week 1 starts on a monday, you have m, t, w, th, and friday (until 6 PM!) to get your game in. Please don't be a flake. I know we all have lives, social and otherwise, so if you can't make a game or something at least CONTACT the person. if you know for a fact that you are going to be out of town for week 2 (for instance), you can simply play ahead and write your stats down then submit them later (or email them to me! write them down or take digital photos of the stats and i will enter them for you!)

Now that that's out of the way, please post your contact information for league players. Then I will compile a list of AIM/XBL Names so there is a reference page for that. If you don't have AIM I suggest you get it. I won't make it mandatory but if you are lagging on getting your games played and don't have AIM that is a possible reason. It's just easier to make contact and setup games.

Invite New Members

The first thing your league members need to do is to register at LeagueDaddy. After they have registered and logged in to LeagueDaddy, they can join your league by going to the following link:

Link: http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/join/?lid=1307
Password: "alexsmith" (without the quotes)

When members join your league, you and the other commissioners in your league will receive a notification via email. You can then go to [ Configure Teams ] and assign the new members to their teams.
---------------

I have not set the final roster yet. If you are on the list below, and DON'T want to play or can't play, tell me now because there are a lot of people who want to play and aren't going to be able to.

1. FMT - 49ers*
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers*
3. Rors - Raiders*
4. Ramirez - Steelers*
5. Wellington - Giants*
6. Slo - Vikings*
7. Shawnhann - Cowboys*
8. Truelize - Falcons*
9. DCX - Browns*
10. Conex - Jaguars*
11. Matrix - Texans*
12. DammittMatt - Saints*
13. Ando - Broncos*
14. MrBob - Bears*
15. ColdBlooded - Eagles*
16. Gunstar - Eagles*
17. CP - Chiefs*
18. Malleymal - Chiefs*
19. Lonestar - Seahawks*
20. Bluemax - Chargers*
21. Sickboy - Chargers*
22. Vumpler - Panthers*
23. Sableholic - Redskins*
24. Livewire - Redskins*
25. luke - colts*
26. maestroryan - vikings*
27. bigzep - rams*
28. azgreg - Packers*
29. Dave, my real life buddy (he will sign up at gaf tonight) - Ravens*
30. Jube3 - Patriots*
31. Striker - Cardinals*

ALSO! coldblooded/gunstar, livewire/sable, and anyone else with duplicate teams who are playing for the rights, please play as soon as possible so we can set the roster! come on!

p.s. if you don't get into the league i'm sorry :( it is tough and i know we're leaving some good players out. there is too much interest in the league this year it's pretty surprising. usually we are around 16-24 good players tops, this year it seems to be overflowing with dependable players. people may drop in time, you never know... plus there are more seasons to come!

DMczaf

ITS BACK, BABY!

spts-team.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'd like to just put out there that I am not intereted in putting up with bullshit cheeseball tactics this year. We're all a year older, and a year busier, and we love to take time out of our schedule to play a good game, win or loss, but at least respect us enough to not resort to cheating. I won't name names of the people who, in the past, have most been cited as using dodgy methods, but please try... try and keep it real.

To that end, I suggest that we figure something out for repeat offenders, the guys that multiple people complain about. Suspensions or forfeits or something. Of course, this could horribly backfire and lead to everyone joining in on drama trying to indict everyone else.

The only positive so far I guess is that there hasn't been anything that I have seen that could be cheesy, except DLine spread. Where the fuck is slide protection EA? Where?!?

BirdBomb

Banned
all pro and no vision cone? i cant imagine a gaf madden league with no vision cone.

also, rules say no going for it on 4th in your own territory. so i assume once the 50 is crossed it is user discretion with sim ball in mind?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I get to hear Dawk everytime i turn the game on to pump me up. Its all over :D

SickBoy

Nice to see things shaping up... I'll leave the Chargers to bluemax in exchange for the Bengals (darn Striker taking AZ :)

Anyhow, looking forward to things getting in gear. But now I've gotta try the game :)

EDIT: And I agree with Wellington 200%

Rorschach

capt.8bc14c337b7943a3b5940fcf0a374ca4.cardinals_raiders_football_oas113.jpg

OMG DID YOU HEAR THE LEAGUE IS BACK?!

No cone? Oh well, I use it anyway. Did they change it that much this year?

[edit] Oh, and I'm gonna cheese the hell out of Wellington this year.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Thanks for the consideration FMT. I'll be glad to step in and play if someone drops. Plus, anyone who wants to scrimmage knows how to reach me. Good luck, fellas. It should be a great season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hmmmm my division has the Cursed Colts,Conex and Young *new Vick*

My shitty team might have a chance.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Rorschach

We don't get to have our annual game, Wellie. You are saved. You too, Lone. :(

Right now...Andrew Walter is tied for first place in passing yards and QB rat. League is so sim!

If we're going by our team's real sched, then I count a five win season!

Ramirez

Wellington said:
I'd like to just put out there that I am not intereted in putting up with bullshit cheeseball tactics this year. We're all a year older, and a year busier, and we love to take time out of our schedule to play a good game, win or loss, but at least respect us enough to not resort to cheating. I won't name names of the people who, in the past, have most been cited as using dodgy methods, but please try... try and keep it real.

To that end, I suggest that we figure something out for repeat offenders, the guys that multiple people complain about. Suspensions or forfeits or something. Of course, this could horribly backfire and lead to everyone joining in on drama trying to indict everyone else.

The only positive so far I guess is that there hasn't been anything that I have seen that could be cheesy, except DLine spread. Where the fuck is slide protection EA? Where?!?

Callin' the commish out!

I agree with the no cone thing, as I was talking to FMT earlier, it fucked me over so many times in my game with him since the lag was pretty bad, the pressure this year is just too much combined with the lag.

Also, can anyone recommend me a good router that is XBL approved and won't give me troubles when trying to connect to people? I know my problems with Wellie/Lonestar have to be tied to my NAT settings. I got the same thing in the Halo 3 beta with certain people, my router is a cheap-o and I have yet to find anywhere on my PC where I could change my settings to open. :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My schedule is awesome. I get Lone (finally), Luke (Colts curse will finally benefit me instead of making me invent new swear words) and Matrix - maybe this is the year man. Maybe it all goes down this season. We shall see.

schedule is up for the entire season.

pre-season schedule is custom courtesy of zep! thanks chum

i will activate it once everyone has signed in. i think we are missing about 10 people. plus we have to figure out who is using what team (looking at you CP/Gun, Mal/CP, etc)

Matrix

:lol Eagles first Pre-season game :lol

I'll lose just cause I havent played much yet CB :p

Rorschach

Wow my sched changed when I refreshed the page. Two awesome games...that I can't play yet. How long does the pre-season last?

Some advice for new guys:

1) Save your roster in the "Player Stats" section
2) Do not hit enter on your game stats at the same time as the other guy. It will erase yours or his. What I do, is I let them fill out their section while I fill out my player stats, then fill out the game stats. Or I fill out both sides.
3) 3rd downs attempted comes BEFORE third downs completed on the list
4) You can sort your madden stats by column and each player has a summary of stats at the top of the stats page in the "player stats" menu
5) you can print out a stats sheet complete with roster (if you've saved your roster) in case your pc isn't close to your tv

6cq2rrl.jpg

It will take a pretty long time to enter your stats the first time around, but after you do it a couple of times, it shouldn't take you long. It takes me 5 mins on average. When you're getting used to it, it will probably take you 10-15 after you've saved your roster and maybe 30 the first time you do it. :X

I know I'm not in the league now, but for future reference, what is the rule on BS penalties that weren't the player's fault and/or didn't impact the play? Like offsides/false-start/late hit.

I feel a bit shady when I accept these penalties that were out of user control.

Rorschach

pheeniks said:
I know I'm not in the league now, but for future reference, what is the rule on BS penalties that weren't the player's fault and/or didn't impact the play? Like offsides/false-start/late hit.

I feel a bit shady when I accept these penalties that were out of user control.
I will always forgive really blatantly stupid ones. The "bad calls" I'll usually forgive just because I feel it's bad karma, but there's no rule about it. Offsides/false start are just part of the game...use your own discretion. Yes, they are often out of the user's control, but there are also things that lead to this such as no-huddle, faking blitz, committing, etc. Facemasking is the one that irritates me. Oh and last year's late hit on the kicker if you called fg block. Every fucking time...

DCX

DCX
Mn the wait is going to be hellish to start the preseason and get this bad boy rolling! WOOT!! Madden is back, and so is DCX, to bad i won't be in FMT's division to make him sweat again :p

DCX

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
:lol This is going to be one hell of a season. So when is the preseason starting? I would like to get in a few games before it starts. Official season starts when? Next week?

Oh and FMT here's a list to get you started.

So here we go. Copy and paste the following but throw in your information:

Gaf Name:
XBL Gamertag:
AIM Screen Name:

Gaf Name: FrenchMovieTheme
XBL Gamertag: frenchmov
AIM Screen Name: WhosSorryNow015
Gaf Name: Big Zep
XBL Gamertag: BigstickDaddyz
AIM Screen Name: jAck Me 007
Gaf Name: coldblooded33
XBL Gamertag: coldblooded33
AIM Screen Name: thecoldone33
Gaf Name: Wellington
XBL Gamertag: Wellie
AIM Screen Name: InsecureKillah
Gaf Name: DMczaf
XBL Gamertag: ??????????????????????????????
AIM Screen Name: dmczafx23
Gaf Name: Vumpler
XBL Gamertag: Jason Smapity
AIM Screen Name: jason1nk
Gaf Name: Matrix
XBL Gamertag: matrixadw
AIM Screen Name: adoubledg
Gaf Name: MalleyMal
XBL Gamertag: MalleyMal
AIM Screen Name: Mr Black NJ
Gaf Name: Sonnyboy
XBL Gamertag: luva luva
AIM Screen Name: Chrissluvaluva
Gaf Name: Shawnwhann
XBL Gamertag: Professa Skillz
AIM Screen Name: ProfessaSkillset
GAF name: Slo
XBL Gamertag: SloGrind
AIM name: NateCantDance
Gaf name: dammitmattt
XBL name: dammitmattt
AIM name: mmlemayau
GAF Name: MrBob
XBL Gamertag: MrBob
Aim Name: mrbob2k1
Gaf Name: GCQuinton
XBL Gamertag: Wsv771
AIM Screen Name: Wsv77 2K3
GAF: Lonestar
Live: Lonestar 1979
AIM: mike31820
Gaf Name: Striker
XBL Gamertag: Striker029
AIM Screen Name: Toth029
GAF: Andokuky
XBL: Andowsky
AIM: AndoSD
GAF: DenogginizerOS
XBL: Denogginizer NC
AIM: Magnoggin
GAF: AirBrian
XBL: AirBrian
AIM: airbrian14
GAF: Ramirez
XBL: TJ Ramirez
AIM: CtownSkins3
GAF: AZ Greg
Gamertag: AZ Greg
AIM: yumagreg1986
GAF : Truelize
Gamertag : Truelize
AIM: Truelize
Gaf Name: sableholic
XBL Gamertag: sableholic
AIM Screen Name: sableholic
Gaf Name: LiveWire
XBL Gamertag: DJ Demon J
AIM Screen Name: Atreides815
GAF Name: LJ11
Gamertag: LJ11
AIM: LJ11370

Gaf: Drey1082
Gamertag: Drey1082
AIM: Drey1082

gaf = smokeybones
gt = smokeybones12
team if available = texans

GAF: LukeSmith
XBL: TJ Scoot
AIM: I'll just IM you before our games.

GAF: variance
XBL: corey f baby
AIM: iamsohardcoreyo

Live if you are around I'll be practicing, just message me I guess we need to get this done sooner rather than later.

LiveWire

Gaf Name: LiveWire
XBL Gamertag: DJ Demon J
AIM Screen Name: Atreides815

Sable, I've got a few games in and I'm ready to play our game for the Skins. Are you free tonight?

LiveWire

sableholic said:

Live if you are around I'll be practicing, just message me I guess we need to get this done sooner rather than later.

OK I might be leaving work early since it's my brithday so I'll hit you up on AIM as soon as I get home this afternoon and we'll play.

5 duplicates and 1 open spot:

me and live
cp and malley
maestro and slo
cb and gunstar
sick and bluemax

6 Teams left:
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
New York Jets
Cincinnati Bengals
Tennessee Titans
Detroit Lions

Are we allowed to call dibs on teams in case we don't get the one we originally wanted? If so I call Bengals.

LiveWire said:
OK I might be leaving work early since it's my brithday so I'll hit you up on AIM as soon as I get home this afternoon and we'll play.

Ok sounds good. Happy Birthday.

LiveWire

sableholic said:

me and live
cp and malley
maestro and slo
cb and gunstar
sick and bluemax

6 Teams left:
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
New York Jets
Cincinnati Bengals
Tennessee Titans
Detroit Lions

Are we allowed to call dibs on teams in case we don't get the one we originally wanted? If so I call Bengals.

Ok sounds good. Happy Birthday.

Thanks man! And since it's my birthday I should get dibs on the Bengals! :lol

I thought the Saints were still available? :( I guess I will take the Bills then if I don't win the Skins! (That way I can assure you 1 loss on your schedule! :D)

LiveWire said:
Thanks man! And since it's my birthday I should get dibs on the Bengals! :lol

I thought the Saints were still available? :( I guess I will take the Bills then if I don't win the Skins! (That way I can assure you 1 loss on your schedule! :D)

Reggie Bush is mine, sucka!!!

Anyway, good luck to the two of you!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If anyone that is in the league is unhappy because they end up with the Jets, then I am the solution to your problem. I'll gladly take your place in the league and represent the JETS. Vilma!!!

SickBoy

Gaf Name: SickBoy
AIM: SickBoyGA (I have now confirmed and this is right)
Gamertag: FisheyeLens

sableholic said:

me and live
cp and malley
maestro and slo
cb and gunstar
sick and bluemax

6 Teams left:
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
New York Jets
Cincinnati Bengals
Tennessee Titans
Detroit Lions

I'll refer you to post 7.... (I also posted essentially the same thing in the pre-thread... plus, I need all the help I can get based on my early experience with the game)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hopefully not for a while. We're going to get an update to fix the fumbling issues and take care of some roster problems (No more Mike Vick :D). Would be stupid to have a few games with a ton of fumbles then the rest with like... none.

Edit: Dude LJ has to be in with the Bills, he is a quality player and that is his #1 team!

Slo

Wellington said:

I love it when you talk dirty to me.

Slo

God damnit, I thought I called dibs on the Bengals weeks ago. :(

Edit 1: Fine. I'll take ownership of the Jets. If I can figure out how to do it.

Edit 2: I think I have to be assigned a team. Please give me NYJs. :(

Top Bottom