• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Mrbob

I don't think we should start the season until a couple things happen.

First one is that we get real day 1 roster update.

Second is the fumble fix. It is too crazy in the games I have played today.

DMczaf

Are you guys crazy? Don't start the season until a patch comes out? :lol

That would mean we dont start the season until late September AT THE EARLIEST.

Rorschach

It would be easier if everyone just edited their profile to show AIM name and XBL handle. That way, people can just look at their scheduled opponents and hit the aim icon if they don't know the guy.

6fhyaeg.jpg

Most people have done so already. It seems, of the people who have signed up at leaguedaddy, only Ayo and Luke haven't.

Just go to "My profile" at the top of the page.

[edit]
DMczaf said:
*continues stalling* I think this is a good idea!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol @ rors

Only time fumbles piss me off is when I get an int and as soon as I'm hit I fumble it right back :lol :(

I also need old man Keenan McCardell,hurry up with a roster update EA.

I just was assuming people wanted to play for their teams, but it looks like slo and sick decided not to. So Sick has the Bengals and Slo the Jets. That leaves this updated list

3 duplicates:

me and live
cp and malley
cb and gunstar

4 Teams left:
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
Tennessee Titans
Detroit Lions

If LJ is in the league then the Bills are out as well.

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
Are you guys crazy? Don't start the season until a patch comes out? :lol

You just want to use allstott cheese while you still can!

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
It would be easier if everyone just edited their profile to show AIM name and XBL handle. That way, people can just look at their scheduled opponents and hit the aim icon if they don't know the guy.

6fhyaeg.jpg

Most people have done so already. It seems, of the people who have signed up at leaguedaddy, only Ayo and Luke haven't.

Just go to "My profile" at the top of the page.

[edit]

*continues stalling* I think this is a good idea!

Yeah, I'll make that info available there. I just didn't care to post it on GAF and have the hordes of Halo fanz IM with stuff like "CAN TEH HUMAN PISTLE BE GUD IN H3 IT SUK IN BETA"

LukeSmith said:
Yeah, I'll make that info available there. I just didn't care to post it on GAF and have the hordes of Halo fanz IM with stuff like "CAN TEH HUMAN PISTLE BE GUD IN H3 IT SUK IN BETA"

Damn I was going to do that too. Just kidding, but maybe when Halo 3 drops you'll remember me from the league

This is the bullshit of all bullshits!!!

Ah well, if you guys need a replacement or something I'll be sitting on the bench waiting for my shot at glory.

Rorschach

ChrisJames said:
This is the bullshit of all bullshits!!!

Ah well, if you guys need a replacement or something I'll be sitting on the bench waiting for my shot at glory.
I thought you were playing since you have a team on the leaguedaddy page, but now I see you're not on the list. That sucks. :(

Oh, and btw, the new and improved cone rox. Don't see the problem in using it. :p

Rorschach said:
I thought you were playing since you have a team on the leaguedaddy page, but now I see you're not on the list. That sucks. :(

Oh, and btw, the new and improved cone rox. Don't see the problem in using it. :p

Whats improved about it?

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Whats improved about it?
PS2 version is...not the 360 version, I guess. PS2 is still the superior version, then! Also, no more suction tackles, blocking is improved, gang tackles, improved running....we should play on ps2!

:lol Russel is overrated like I thought he would be. I hope they don't change him come roster update. :p No Lolpepper cancer, either!

shit, my bad slo! i thought i had talked to Sickboy about the bengals but it was you.... or did i talk to both of you? sickboy did you tell me you wanted the bengals a few weeks ago too? i swore it was sick, but if it was slo it makes no difference to me!

ok to determine the final spot, the following people please have a mini tournament:

Airbrian vs. Denogginizer
LJ Vs. ChrisJames

obviously, the winner of those 2 games will then play each other for the spot. let me know what happens asap!

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ok to determine the final spot, the following people please have a mini tournament:

Airbrian vs. Denogginizer
LJ Vs. ChrisJames

obviously, the winner of those 2 games will then play each other for the spot. let me know what happens asap!

Wish I could've made it in....please keep me in mind for season 2. Good luck, FMT!!! I would love to see the 49ers win the GAF Superbowl and the NFL Superbowl in the same year!!!

Sweet! I made it into the mini tournament!

LJ when do you want to play our game? I'll be getting the game tomorrow and can play between 2-6 pm EST or anytime after 10 EST tomorrow night.

Good game DJ. I'm the skins for the first season. Had a bunch of lucky bounces (besides that first run that was a fumble). I guess DJ will be the Bills if they are still available?

LJ11

ChrisJames said:
Sweet! I made it into the mini tournament!

LJ when do you want to play our game? I'll be getting the game tomorrow and can play between 2-6 pm EST or anytime after 10 EST tomorrow night.

Do you want to wait and familiarize yourself with the game before we play? I'm fine with tomorrow if you would like, but I'll also wait a day or so in order for you to get a good feel for the game.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
if anyone wants to play a practice game hit me up.. also CP hit me up so we can get this game in .....

Ill be playing Crack in the video game form called the bigs

LJ11 said:
Do you want to wait and familiarize yourself with the game before we play? I'm fine with tomorrow if you would like, but I'll also wait a day or so in order for you to get a good feel for the game.

Well the problem is that I'm going to be out of town for the majority of the weekend (will be gone until Sunday evening), so I was hoping to get the game in before I leave Friday afternoon/evening.

I should have a decent feel for it by late tomorrow evening (10-11 EST), but I could also play Friday afternoon if you'd rather do that.

AZ Greg

Just picked up my copy a couple of hours ago. I've only played 2 matches, both online, and they were both smooth! The game is light years beyond the last 2 360 editions.

If anyone wants some scrimmages I should be on for a few more hours. (GT = AZ Greg)

BTW, good game Lone. Sorry about those short kicks. That is my only beef with the game right now, the tiny bit of lag really messes with the kicking game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, that and the insane fumbles.

PS: Someone must figure out what blitz's you call. DEADLY.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone want to rape my Texans now? I f-ing suck really bad so far and havent played a game online yet.

I want to see how my connection is lag wise.

SickBoy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
shit, my bad slo! i thought i had talked to Sickboy about the bengals but it was you.... or did i talk to both of you? sickboy did you tell me you wanted the bengals a few weeks ago too? i swore it was sick, but if it was slo it makes no difference to me!

I did mention it a while back... and in posts 7 and 44 of this thread :)

(From my forensic research - aka the forum search button - Slo's post on the matter is yesterday at 4:33 a.m. "SickBoy Forum Time", while my first request is Aug. 13 at 7:59 p.m. SFT... so I think in terms of public requests, I beat him out by about 9 hours :) ...don't worry Slo, I'll take'em 1-15! :D

EDIT: Also, if anyone's up for a game, let me know... I need the practice.. and to see if I'm just that bad or if the computer is just that cheap.

EDIT2: My AIM handle is indeed SickBoyGA... I'll try to be on AIM whenever possible if I'm available for league play.

BirdBomb

Banned
maybe im missing something... any way to match up your defensive corner against particular receivers? god they leave out some of the most obvious elements.

Matrix

GG Dm,christ this is going to be a long season of me not scoring much.

I really need to get to work on practicing O,I dont even know how to juke when I run :lol

It feels slower online,but its not lag,much better than last year.

Rors,Mig always gets raped in sports games.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
GG Dm,christ this is going to be a long season of me not scoring much.

I really need to get to work on practicing O,I dont even know how to juke when I run :lol

It feels slower online,but its not lag,much better than last year.

You need to run the ball more, you have a RB now! The Slingin' and Slangin' of the past wont cut it :(

Matrix

:lol

Yea im not used to playing with this Texans team :lol Plus like I said I dont know any of the juke moves,all I would do is press turbo and protect so I wouldnt fumble.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
:lol

Yea im not used to playing with this Texans team :lol Plus like I said I dont know any of the juke moves,all I would do is press turbo and protect so I wouldnt fumble.

Aren't all the juke on the right stick now? Stiff arm is the A button and spin is B. I hit the B button way too often. It rarely helps.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Rors,Mig always gets raped in sports games.
I know this. :p I went undefeated all of 07. Poor mig :(

Truelize said:
Aren't all the juke on the right stick now? Stiff arm is the A button and spin is B. I hit the B button way too often. It rarely helps.
What the heck? I'm gonna be so disoriented after playing so much of the ps2 version...

Matrix

:lol Not sure True

:lol GG Malley,I guess.I lose 7-0 :( Which isnt that bad against the Chiefs,it's just I cant score.

No lag,but jesus EA! fix the fumbles!!!

Also I vote no vision cone online or only use it if you want.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
LOL... 8 total turnovers between us.... lol...

that was fun... and my offense is ASS...

no offensive tds , just a INT return

Matrix

One turnover I had was my mistake,I pressed the damn lateral button *stupid EA*

I also wasnt using the protect button as much,and when you dont,fumble city.

I think we would have scored if we didnt use the vision cone,then again I think you can do it pre-snap,but im too lazy to find out how :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AirBrian said:
Denogginizer, let me know what works for you. I'm open anytime tomorrow evening after ~6 PM.

I should be on at 9PM EST. Send me an AIM if you want to play (Magnoggin=AIM)

LiveWire

FMT: I changed my mind, gimme the Dolphins. I want revenge on sable! You're starting out 0-1 bitch! :p Dreamy Trent Green 250 yds 3 TDs!

Slo

SickBoy said:
I did mention it a while back... and in posts 7 and 44 of this thread :)

(From my forensic research - aka the forum search button - Slo's post on the matter is yesterday at 4:33 a.m. "SickBoy Forum Time", while my first request is Aug. 13 at 7:59 p.m. SFT... so I think in terms of public requests, I beat him out by about 9 hours :) ...don't worry Slo, I'll take'em 1-15! :D

EDIT: Also, if anyone's up for a game, let me know... I need the practice.. and to see if I'm just that bad or if the computer is just that cheap.

EDIT2: My AIM handle is indeed SickBoyGA... I'll try to be on AIM whenever possible if I'm available for league play.

*cough*

You can have them buddy, I am absolutely terrible so it doesn't matter who I use. :)

LJ11

ChrisJames said:
Well the problem is that I'm going to be out of town for the majority of the weekend (will be gone until Sunday evening), so I was hoping to get the game in before I leave Friday afternoon/evening.

I should have a decent feel for it by late tomorrow evening (10-11 EST), but I could also play Friday afternoon if you'd rather do that.

Your call, I'm free today after 10pm est if you're ready. If not Friday is good as well.

Top Bottom