• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madonna's MDNA |OT| Her exquisite oyster display and reductive garnishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats up with the need to >>>> everything? Its not in competition.

anyhow. New album is good. some tracks are bad and muddy sounding. Gang bang was suprisingly average. funny how for a "dance" album and I like the slower/ballads most.

and I think I F uped is really good.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Ugh, once I make it past Jump Confessions jumps the shark sharply. It's some of Madonna's worst as far as self-indulgent poor-me-kabbalah-super-star moments. I really find it hard listening to the album to the end because of it. Let's not talk about Push Me. LIke it or Not is a great album finish.

Sorry? Boooring bass line that repeats infinitely. Perdóname Madonna. No me gusta mucho.

MDNA >>>> Confessions any time all the time.

i agree that the lyrics get a bit 'oh god babe shut up about kabbalah' but dem BEATZ

confessions is a masterpiece and i won't be swayed

let's talk about how gang bang is great but i'm addicted is the best track on the album

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Jump and Sorry aren't worthy of 10's, Jump especially. I Love New York over Let It Will Be?...
WHAT.

The opening of "Jump" after the 5..4..3..2..1 countdown at the end of the previous track is one of the best parts of the album.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Clearly, the only way we will ever come to a consensus is for everyone to chip in and buy me a ticket to see Madonna so that I can report back and lay this issue to rest once and for all. Agreed? Okay, cool.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
WHAT.

The opening of "Jump" after the 5..4..3..2..1 countdown at the end of the previous track is one of the best parts of the album.

exactly. that ping-pong intro that's been lead into from a couple of songs that is suddenly the backing track to jump? perfect. utterly fucking perfect.

STUART PRICE IS A GENIUS.

let's talk about how gang bang is great but i'm addicted is the best track on the album

Do you mean Love Spent?

WHAT.

The best thing about Jump is the outro of the previous song?

tumblr_ly9mh4uudm1r3rn17o1_500.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
jump is the jewel in the crown

it's just natural that you'd expect everything nearby to be designed around it

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Much like Madonna herself.

132674302118peubn32kru.gif

Forbidden Love is better than Jump, so yeah, so you guys saying the intro of Jump is great are actually saying the ending of Forbidden Love is great......
P5pEk.gif

About Jump: I've always liked the extra 1 minute to the ending of the track during the Confessions Tour. Just flawless disco music.
So your link just confirms that it's the intro to Jump not the outro to Forbidden Love

Actually I do quite want to revise Forbidden Love up

Confessions is a rare pop album album. it works SO WELL as a cohesive whole.

i mentioned it before but price's own COADF remixes are completely incredible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7evtwT_z8A4

if you haven't heard them before you owe it to yourself to seek them all out. i think i actually prefer the get together remix to the album version.

Naaah, the way Get Together pulsates with the beat and flows with the synths and violins is kinda lost in this remix. Personally I think the demo for Get Together is pretty good though. It uses the same baseline as Future Lovers, and therefore the same as I feel Love from Donna Summer. Still, the album version is simply unbeatable. <3

well, it's only natural given that confessions was the joint second-best pop album of the 00s
Now you know you've got to answer that question... ;)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Naaah, the way Get Together pulsates with the beat and flows so smoothly with the synths and violins is kinda lost in this remix. Personally I think the demo for Get Together is pretty good though. Still, the album version is simply unbeatable. <3

Now you know you've got to answer that question... ;)

yeah but what makes the remix so great is that sounds like it's syncopated but it isn't

so yeah;

1. robyn
2= blackout
2= confessions

best single of the 00s is obv can't get you out of my head, though

Koodo

Banned
I'm not here for further transgressions on Confessions.

MDNA is a good pop album, but it is neither innovative nor fearless. When the album closes, you can't help but feel exhausted and a bit short changed. Exhausted because for every moment of genius, you have to deal with trash like Superstar and I'm A Sinner (and radioactive biohazardous waste like B Day Song). Short changed because no theme was fully explored. Want more Tarantino Madonna? That persona faded faster than Xtincta's career, and you will deal. Want more songs where organic instruments (a fucking banjo) clash with electronic beats? Not much of that beyond Love Spent. Interested in dubstep? Je suis desolee, dubstep was only cowardly integrated into a few songs, never there as a central piece, just added as a quick and dirty way to appear relevant. The moments of genius felt fleeting, and everything else felt either good enough or undercooked.

I still find the album good overall, but it does not touch Confessions. COADF was fearless. It ran with its theme until the album closed. It didn't rely on sounds that Britney Spears had done five years ago. It felt like a unified, consistent whole; like eating a delicious full course meal. Most importantly, it did not have a single dud (unlike MDNA, which has several). A pure joy to listen through from beginning to end.

I'm not here for this stan hysteria claiming lies. This reminds me of that dreadful Björk thread where the stans were pretending Biophilia was anything but a sterile, uninspired mess (I recall one stan claiming it was even her best album, gross). I have a feeling all those stans suffering from a temporary bout of delusion have now rectified themselves. MDNA, fortunately, is not an insult to the universe. It's certainly stan worthy, but to compare it to magnum opuses like COADF? That's some Björk level cognitive dissonance. Sit.

Oh, and Sorry? It's so amazing, Madonna lifted from that song twice in MDNA.

*sips freshly brewed Jasmine Chai*

imCCtiDKe51dW.gif

I'm not here for further transgressions on Confessions.

MDNA is a good pop album, but it is neither innovative nor fearless. When the album closes, you can't help but feel exhausted and a bit short changed. Exhausted because for every moment of genius, you have to deal with trash like Superstar and I'm A Sinner (and radioactive biohazardous waste like B Day Song). Short changed because no theme was fully explored. Want more Tarantino Madonna? That persona faded faster than Xtincta's career, and you will deal. Want more songs where organic instruments (a fucking banjo) clash with electronic beats? Not much of that beyond Love Spent. Interested in dubstep? Je suis desolee, dubstep was only cowardly integrated into a few songs, never there as a central piece, just added as a quick and dirty way to appear relevant. The moments of genius felt fleeting, and everything else felt either good enough or undercooked.

I still find the album good overall, but it does not touch Confessions. COAD was fearless. It ran with its theme until the album closed. It didn't rely on sounds that Britney Spears had done five years ago. It felt like a unified, consistent whole; like eating a delicious full course meal. Most importantly, it did not have a single dud (unlike MDNA, which has several). A pure joy to listen through from beginning to end.

Agreed on all of this.

I would appreciate it if Madonna had actually put some dubstep or drum'n'base songs on the album. Those genres aren't bad per definition. It's just that those shitty middle eights with some wub wubs and scratches reminiscent of that Skrillex garbage are just a poor attempt to reference a hip genre. And yes, that also counts for Britney's attempt at this on Femme Fatale. :p

MDNA has some high points, but it also suffers from the amalgam of genres that it gives us. I have a hard time giving reasons for this, because I normally judge song per song. But I think it's just that when an artist works with a whole bunch of different producers and different influences, he/she rarely gets the chance to dig deep enough in any particular genre to bring excellent music. It's something for example Bionic from Christina also suffers from. Sure, there's some good stuff on that album, but listening to it from front to end just leaves me frowning.

I'd like to be proven wrong on this. There's no reason why an album can't be amazing, while every song is completely different from one another. That would basically follow the concept of a "best of" album. The thing is, those albums are rather rare. While on the other hand, albums like Ray of Light and COADF take full advantage of the direction they've chosen, and make for far better albums as a result. Rated R from Rihanna and Born to Die from Lana Del Rey are other examples of albums that benefit from following a certain theme/genre, imho.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
It's just nice hearing some form of emotion from someone who's been like a glossy robot for the better part of the last 5-6 years.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Agreed on all of this.

I would appreciate it if Madonna had actually put some dubstep or drum'n'base songs on the album. Those genres aren't bad per definition. It's just that those shitty middle eights with some wub wubs and scratches reminiscent of that Skrillex garbage are just a poor attempt to reference a hip genre. And yes, that also counts for Britney's attempt at this on Femme Fatale. :p

MDNA has some high points, but it also suffers from the amalgam of genres that it gives us. I have a hard time giving reasons for this, because I normally judge song per song. But I think it's just that when an artist works with a whole bunch of different producers and different influences, he/she rarely gets the chance to dig deep enough in any particular genre to bring excellent music. It's something for example Bionic from Christina also suffers from. Sure, there's some good stuff on that album, but listening to it from front to end just leaves me frowning.

I'd like to be proven wrong on this. There's no reason why an album can't be amazing, while every song is completely different from one another. That would basically follow the concept of a "best of" album. The thing is, those albums don't seem to exist. While on the other hand, albums like Ray of Light and COADF take full advantage of the direction they've chosen, and make for far better albums as a result. Rated R from Rihanna is another great example of an album that benefits from following a certain theme.

there is no reason: blackout is all over the place, but completely incredible

Exhausted because for every moment of genius, you have to deal with trash like Superstar and I'm A Sinner (and radioactive biohazardous waste like B Day Song).

I'm A Sinner and B-Day Song are great. I had a feeling most people wouldn't "GET IT" when it came to B-Day song. Not sure how anyone could judge a song that is so incredibly innocuous in the first place.

Short changed because no theme was fully explored. Want more Tarantino Madonna? That persona faded faster than Xtincta's career, and you will deal.

Did you really think this album would have some kind of over-arching theme ala Erotica? She would never do the persona thing again after Dita and I don't think I'd want and entire album of that shit anyway.

Want more songs where organic instruments (a fucking banjo) clash with electronic beats? Not much of that beyond Love Spent.

It's a reference to Guy Ritchie, who liked banjo and folk music (that Sherlock movie soundtrack is full of it), as the subject of the song MAY SUGGEST.

She already did 2 albums full of acoustic/electro, time to move on.

Interested in dubstep?

No.

Je suis desolee, dubstep was only cowardly integrated into a few songs, never there as a central piece, just added as a quick and dirty way to appear relevant.

Perhaps she likes Dubstep and wanted to incorporate it into her music. Just like how other singers like other singers and incorporate them into their own music yet credit someone else when pressed on the issue.

The moments of genius felt fleeting, and everything else felt either good enough or undercooked.

It's unrealistic to expect someone to reinvent the wheel every time they have a new release. MDNA is better and more a consistent an album than anything by Xtincta, Rihanna, Katy, etc. It's better than Born This Way. I don't expect anything more than that from Madonna.

I still find the album good overall, but it does not touch Confessions. COAD was fearless.

COAD? Fearless?

It was a necessary MADONNA BY THE NUMBERS after the drivel served up by American Life.

MDNA is much more "fearless" and experimental. For the first time, she doesn't seem to have any obvious premeditated concept behind the album other than "fun".

It didn't rely on sounds that Britney Spears had done five years ago. It felt like a unified, consistent whole; like eating a delicious full course meal. Most importantly, it did not have a single dud (unlike MDNA, which has several). A pure joy to listen through from beginning to end.

AMUSING. Recalling sounds Britney had done that Madonna had already done.

Oh, and Sorry? It's so amazing, Madonna lifted from that song twice in MDNA.

Where?

there is no reason: blackout is an album that's all over the place, but completely incredible

Eh... I disagree. You won't find any acoustic songs or sweet ballads on the album. It's all pretty much dance and club music. And by the by... there are a few stinkers on that album as well.

Edit: and I edited my post so that it doesn't say those kinds of albums are "non-existent". That's indeed not true.

Koodo

Banned
I'm A Sinner and B-Day Song are great. I had a feeling most people wouldn't "GET IT" when it came to B-Day song. Not sure how anyone could judge a song that is so incredibly innocuous in the first place.
You can keep MIA and her finger.

Did you really think this album would have some kind of over-arching theme ala Erotica? She would never do the persona thing again after Dita and I don't think I'd want and entire album of that shit anyway.
Not necessarily an over arching theme, but a full exploration of the themes. They were not fully explored, that's why I said "fleeting." She could have very well concentrated on three or four themes, rather than being the jack of all trades and the master of none.

It's a reference to Guy Ritchie, who liked banjo and folk music (that Sherlock movie soundtrack is full of it), as the subject of the song MAY SUGGEST.

She already did 2 albums full of acoustic/electro, time to move on.
That was not a shade against the song, I love the banjo.

And 2 albums out of 12? HOW EXHAUSTING.

Perhaps she likes Dubstep and wanted to incorporate it into her music. Just like how other singers like other singers and incorporate them into their own music yet credit someone else when pressed on the issue.
She should incorporate it well, rather than in a way befit for Rihanus.

It's unrealistic to expect someone to reinvent the wheel every time they have a new release. MDNA is better and more a consistent an album than anything by Xtincta, Rihanna, Katy, etc. It's better than Born This Way. I don't expect anything more than that from Madonna.
She didn't reinvent the wheel with Hard Candy. COADF came out in 2004. That's enough of a break to reinvent the wheel again.

COAD? Fearless?

It was a necessary MADONNA BY THE NUMBERS after the drivel served up by American Life.
I don't recall a previous Madonna album exploring those sounds, and aside from Ray Of Light, I don't recall a preceding (or proceeding) Madonna album being so cohesive.

Enlighten me because I would love to hear another album from her like this rather than wait for something that likely will never arrive.

MDNA is much more "fearless" and experimental. For the first time, she doesn't seem to have any obvious premeditated concept behind the album other than "fun".
Fun is neither experimental nor fearless. Ke$ha does fun.

AMUSING. Recalling sounds Britney had done that Madonna had already done.
Receipts. I want to see Madonna integrating dubstep before 2006.

Girls Gone Wild: "Forgive me" line was lifted directly from Sorry. She probably didn't even re-record the vocals.

I Fucked Up: "Je suis desolee." Why would that be there other than as a quick homage to one of her best songs?

When has Britney ever had an album that WASN'T riddled with filler?

Hint: Never.

I wouldn't know, I restrict myself to Blackout, Circus and Femme Fatale when it comes to Britney. Other than that I just pluck some random songs (Toxic, Breathe on me, And then we Kiss, Slave 4 U, ...) from her earlier albums, cause generally speaking I don't like Britney's earlier days of bubblegum pop.

You can keep MIA and her finger.

Sounds like fun
Aav7R.gif

Not necessarily an over arching theme, but a full exploration of the themes. They were not fully explored, that's why I said "fleeting." She could have very well concentrated on three or four themes, rather than being the jack of all trades and the master of none.

I think more than one, TWO at MOST, would be OTT. I feel we reached a conclusion with Beautiful Killer in any case.

That was not a shade against the song, I love the banjo.

And 2 albums out of 12? HOW EXHAUSTING.

I'm walking on EGGSHELLS whenever I hear an acoustic guitar accompanying a dance beat after 6 years of the Music - American Life era.

She should incorporate it well, rather than in a way befit for Rihanus.

I'm not sure The FOREHEAD would have the FORESIGHT to incorporate anything into her music that wasn't begot by sucking cock.

She didn't reinvent the wheel with Hard Candy. COADF came out in 2004. That's enough of a break to reinvent the wheel again.

COAD was late 2005, Confessions Tour was 2006. Hard Candy... lol.

I don't recall a previous Madonna album exploring those sounds, and aside from Ray Of Light, I don't recall a preceding (or proceeding) Madonna album being so cohesive.

Enlighten me because I would love to hear another album from her like this rather than wait for something that likely will never arrive.

Madonna-by-the-numbers as in homo-centric, light hearted, inoffensive dance music that harkens back to the days of Madonna, Rescue Me, Express Yourself, Vogue, etc.

Fun is neither experimental nor fearless. Ke$ha does fun.

Yet she doesn't do it well. Best thing about MDNA is that it all comes across so effortlessly. There aren't a string of obvious "these are going to be singles!" songs on the album, rather it's just a collection of songs that Madonna sounds like she enjoyed performing.

Receipts. I want to see Madonna integrating dubstep before 2006.

I don't see how any other performers are exempt from this line of thinking. Madonna has been there done that, she has nothing to prove. The others do.

Girls Gone Wild: "Forgive me" line was lifted directly from Sorry. She probably didn't even re-record the vocals.

I Fucked Up: "Je suis desolee." Why would that be there other than as a quick homage to one of her best songs?

Choking on my porterhouse steak

Madonna.jpg

What the hell, why are people expecting Madonna to repeat herself? She did Confessions. It was a good record. She's versatile enough that she doesn't have to rely on a theme or motif to pull off a great record.

This is distilled POP at its finest. I don't freaking care about dubstep this, organic sounds that. Does it freaking have a good melody? Is it humable? Does it stick on your head for hours on end? Does it take your on a sonical journey? Is it genuine and emotionally engaging? Is it FUN? The answer to all of the above is a resounding YES. What else do you expect from a pop album? How pretentious can your expectations be?

As far as Sorry references. She references a gajillion past songs. Just off the top of my head... Actually I'm not even gonna list them, just trying to come up with all of them gives me a headache....

Actually I found a list:

Number of references to past Madonna songs: 18

&#8220;Act Of Contrition&#8221; on &#8220;Girl Gone Wild&#8221; (opening prayer)
&#8220;Erotica&#8221; on &#8220;Girl Gone Wild&#8221; (&#8221;it&#8217;s so erotic&#8221;)
&#8220;Bad Girl&#8221; on &#8220;Girl Gone Wild&#8221; (&#8221;but I&#8217;m a bad girl anyway&#8221;)
&#8220;Lucky Star&#8221; on &#8220;Give Me All Your Luvin&#8217;&#8221; (&#8221;in another place at a different time, you can be my lucky star&#8221;)
&#8220;Like A Prayer&#8221; on &#8220;I&#8217;m Addicted&#8221; (&#8221;something happens to me when I hear your voice and I have no choice&#8221;)
&#8220;Like A Prayer&#8221; on &#8220;I&#8217;m A Sinner&#8221; (&#8221;get down on your knees and pray&#8221;)
&#8220;Stay&#8221; on &#8220;Turn Up The Radio&#8221; (&#8221;I&#8217;m leavin&#8217; the past behind&#8221;)
&#8220;Angel&#8221; on &#8220;Superstar&#8221; (&#8221;you&#8217;re my angel&#8221;)
&#8220;Vogue&#8221; on &#8220;Superstar&#8221; (Marlon Brando and James Dean references)
&#8220;Into The Groove&#8221; on &#8220;Superstar&#8221; (&#8221;you&#8217;re Travolta getting&#8217; into your groove&#8221;)
&#8220;Waiting&#8221; on &#8220;Best Friend&#8221; (&#8221;your picture on my wall, but I&#8217;m still waiting on your call&#8221;)
&#8220;Hanky Panky&#8221; on &#8220;B-Day Song&#8221; (&#8221;give me a spanking&#8221;)
&#8220;Like A Virgin&#8221; on &#8220;Some Girls&#8221; (&#8221;like a virgin, sweet and clean&#8221;)
&#8220;Express Yourself&#8221; on &#8220;Some Girls&#8221; (&#8221;put your loving to the test&#8221;)
&#8220;Thief of Hearts&#8221; on &#8220;I Don&#8217;t Give A&#8221; (Nicki Minaj&#8217;s &#8220;bitch&#8221;)
&#8220;Material Girl&#8221; on &#8220;I Don&#8217;t Give A&#8221; (Nicki Minaj&#8217;s rap)
&#8220;Sorry&#8221; on &#8220;I Fucked Up&#8221; (&#8221;Je suis désolé&#8221;)
&#8220;Me Against the Music&#8221; on &#8220;Girl Gone Wild&#8221; (&#8221;in the zone&#8221;)
Sorry? yeah no, sorry. Try again.

There's your freaking album concept. The album's concept is MADONNA.

What the hell, why are people expecting Madonna to repeat herself? She did Confessions. It was a good record. She's versatile enough that she doesn't have to rely on a theme or motif to pull off a great record.

This is distilled POP at its finest. I don't freaking care about dubstep this, organic sounds that. Does it freaking have a good melody? Is it humable? Does it stick on your head for hours on end? Does it take your on a sonical journey? Is it genuine and emotionally engaging? Is it FUN? The answer to all of the above is a resounding YES. What else do you expect from a pop album? How pretentious can your expectations be?

As far as Sorry references. She references a gajillion past songs. Just off the top of my head... Actually I'm not even gonna list them, just trying to come up with all of them gives me a headache....

Actually I found a list:

There's your freaking album concept. The album's concept is MADONNA.

actually. that's quite clever.

Oh goody, now people like me are pretentious!

It's not that a overarching theme is necessary at all. It's that an album has to be good. And despite you saying that it's a good album, I disagree with you on that for the most part.

Koodo

Banned
Madonna-by-the-numbers as in homo-centric, light hearted, inoffensive dance music that harkens back to the days of Madonna, Rescue Me, Express Yourself, Vogue, etc.
Sounds like you just described MDNA.

Aav7R.gif

Choking on my porterhouse steak
I hope that steak was medium rare.

We're not advocating for Madonna to repeat herself. This is commentary on the shade being thrown towards COADF.

And relying on a theme is not repeating herself. What is that supposed to mean? It's a framework, not a trademark. That's like saying she's repeating herself by singing in English.

I'm not going to apologize for holding Madonna to a higher standard. This is actually a great thing. Which other artists are held to such lofty expectations 30 years into their careers? 99% of artists are a joke after a decade of being in the industry. You should be proud of her for this.

We can expect more than vapidity from a pop album. This shouldn't surprise you, Madonna herself has taught us this lesson several times.

And I don't know why you keep flaunting the pretentious line. We've been through this several times. There's a difference between a song like GGW that, while catchy and fun, is also completely flat; and a song like Celebration, which actually compels me to have bareback sex on a sweaty dancefloor. The former is fodder for Dance Dance Revolution or the latest Samsung manufacture from Korea, the latter arouses something beyond just fun.

Actually I found a list:

The only thing you demonstrated with this list is that her best songs have multiple references, such as Like A Prayer and Sorry.

Did someone just equate Sorry to Like a Prayer?

tumblr_lz0d4boXfI1roj4fio1_500.gif

And here I was taking your musical taste seriously.

Besides, I have it in good authority one of those "sorry's" in MDNA is for Nobody's Perfect. Indeed.

Oh goody, now people like me are pretentious!

It's not that a overarching theme is necessary at all. It's that an album has to be good. And despite you saying that it's a good album, I disagree with you on that for the most part.

Don't worry, I wasn't thinking about you. But I do think your weird and strange :)

Koodo

Banned
You know what's actually funny?

It's a beautiful album. It takes her heart getting broken to make albums like this. It's definitely up there. We won't get something this honest and genuine from her for a long while. This is something very very special.

tumblr_lz0d4boXfI1roj4fio1_500.gif

Besides, I have it in good authority one of those "sorry's" in MDNA is for Nobody's Perfect. Indeed.
You tried it. But I was referring to this and the aforementioned "Je suis desolee" in I Fucked Up.

I guess there's now potentially three references to Sorry in the album? Hmm.
Aav7R.gif

You gave the game away when you put Like a Prayer on the same sentence as Sorry. A song that doesn't doesn't go anywhere past minute 1. Talk about vapid. I will take Superstar over Sorry anytime.

Love Spent is my favorite song after a few more listens. That, Gang Bang, and I'm Addicted are the standouts. I don't imagine Gang Bang will ever get single treatment, but I hope the other two do well if they ever get released.

Love Spent is my favorite song after a few more listens. That, Gang Bang, and I'm Addicted are the standouts. I don't imagine Gang Bang will ever get single treatment, but I hope the other two do well if they ever get released.

Love Spent NEEDS to be a single. She cannot just let the song languish at the bottom of the album tracklisting forever.

She doesn't even need to try with the MV; just release a montage of her wedding to Guy (which ends with her pissing on a pile of unsold Revolver DVDs).

I imagine it's going to be BALLS OUT on the tour *.*

devilru

Neo Member
Robyn-tier:
none

Good:
Girl Gone Wild
I'm A Sinner
Love Spent
Masterpiece
Fallin Free
Beautiful Killer
I Fucked Up

the rest are okay, tbh I've never enjoyed the entirety of a Madonna album so this many good tracks is more than usual for me.

Nemesis_

She doesn't even need to try with the MV; just release a montage of her wedding to Guy (which ends with her pissing on a pile of unsold Revolver DVDs).[/B]

I laughed so hard at this.

So after spending a good two days listening to the album in it's entirety, I've cut it down to the songs I actually want to keep on my tracklist.

Girl Gone Wild
Gang Bang
I'm Addicted
Some Girls
Superstar
I'm A Sinner
Masterpiece
Fallin Free
Beautiful Killer

There will be a second, final cut down in the future but I just have to wait and see how much these remaining songs grab me. Love Spent sounds way too whiny for my liking.

I have kept Beautiful Killer on here because Phono insists it slays but I have yet to hear it. BUT I AM GIVING IT A CHANCE.

i've given it a couple of listens through all the way now

i'm addicted is the best track
Definitely. I'm addicted and to a lesser extent Love Spent are far and away the best tracks on this album. I'm imagining the Girl Gone Wild video, but made to fit I'm addicted. Would've been an epic combo, and - I think - a hit.

Also, the more I hear it, the more I think it's a shame how Gang Bang seems to go no where. Everything before the dubstep breakdown seems to building up to some awesome climax, but near the end it starts to disintegrate. Real shame, cause it had to potential to be an awesomely dark rave track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom