• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man kicked off Jetblue flight for harassing Ivanka Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being "nice" has gotten the left 2-3 states away from the GOP having the numbers for a constitutional convention and Dems marginalized at every level of government.

Blader

What a jackass. It's not her fault he's her father, leave her and her family alone.

What absolute horse shit. Ivanka is his most prolific surrogate of his children, and she and her husband have spent the past year and a half advocating, fundraising and campaigning for Trump to become president. They both sit on his transition team and influence who he fills his administration. They're going to be living in the White House!

This isn't Tiffany Trump we're talking about. Ivanka and Jared Kushner are more tethered to Donald than virtually anyone else.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Quite right. She's a private individual.

Anyone else shocked she's traveling on JetBlue?

Is Daddy's alleged wealth not as liquid as he pretends?

Or perhaps not all wealthy people travel on private jets 100% of the time.

Lots of wealthy people fly normally.

marrec

Banned
Being "nice" has gotten the left 2-3 states away from the GOP having the numbers for a constitutional convention and Dems marginalized at every level of government.

I don't think refraining from publicly harassing the political leaders of the far right is what lost us all those states.

Maybe I'm wrong tho lets all go harass people and we'll win back the government!

Step 1. Ineffectually yell at Ivanka Trump

Step 2. ???

Step 3. Take control of the House and Senate

Sure, she's a Trump surrogate. That doesn't make it OK to harass her.

Unless it's now OK to harass people we don't like, in which case all harassment should be OK.

Audioboxer

Sure, she's a Trump surrogate. That doesn't make it OK to harass her.

Unless it's now OK to harass people we don't like, in which case all harassment should be OK.

Well I know GAFers won't like other GAFers (some probably hate me ;(), but trying harassing someone on here and see how that goes! Micro-level point. (also don't really do that, read on for my analogy)

Macro-level point is the same kind of behaviour we try to take action against on a messageboard also has consequences in the real world. You can seriously dislike a person, even hate, but if YOU are the aggressor you give society, security and ultimately the law very little option other than to punish YOU. Someone sitting on a plane with their children getting ready for take off like every sod on the plane does not signal the moment for you to be an aggressor and disrupt the whole flight, let alone just be a bell-end to the person, again, no matter how much you hate them (even justified hate). What matters is what happens within that specific social interaction and who was doing what at the time. If they genuinely weren't doing anything other than sitting with kids on a plane, then no, you are not going to get excused for harassment. Not excused by the airline, security or society at large, but sure, maybe on forums some will say you are a hero. That doesn't matter much when you've got yourself ejected off your flight, and who knows, may even get banned from flying again...

There are actual gaffers defending harassment on a plane, just because the victim is close to Trump so it is justified?? Have you lost your mind?

On a fucking plane?

Seems like you're making hyperbolic assumptions in an attempt to shame me into proving how anti-fascist I am.

I've been on the streets protesting before and after the election and do more than you probably do to support the progressive left in my city and state so sit the fuck down and listen to the adults okay?

She's part of a far-right white nationalist political movement that has unfortunately gained quite a bit of power in the last year. We must do everything we can to limit the damage they will do to our nation so that we don't have to spend too much time fixing their fuckups when the left is back in power.

That, however, doesn't involve harassing them on public transportation or in places like airports, coffee shops, and rock concerts. They are still citizens of America and as such have the protection of the law of America. The second we start acting like wild animals whenever they show up is when we start losing.

Is Ivanka Trump giving a speech that has content you disagree with? Protest that shit, loudly and boldly.

Is Ivanka Trump not doing shit just flying in the same airplane as you? Shut the fuck up and fly and don't be a pissant.

Who gives a shit who is being the moral police of the right, they're a bunch of assholes and we're supposed to be better, not just a socially progressive version of their assholery.
So you've protested in large groups but don't have spine enough to speak truth to power when it's right in front of you?

Your attitude paves the way for people like her and other fascists to sieze power with what is essentially no resistance. When did we lose our fucking minds? We tried taking the moral high ground at every turn and where are we now? Cowering behind keyboards has turned America into a real Kleptocracy.

When the Emperor has no clothes someone has to say something. It's fine if you want to hide in the corner while I do it. We can still break bread later.

I don't think refraining from publicly harassing the political leaders of the far right is what lost us all those states.

Maybe I'm wrong tho lets all go harass people and we'll win back the government!

Step 2. ???

I'm setting up Twitter bots to continuously tweet death threats to any member of President Trump's staff as we speak. 2020 is in the bag!

marrec

Banned
So you've protested in large groups but don't have spine enough to speak truth to power when it's right in front of you?

Your attitude paves the way for people like her and other fascists to sieze power with what is essentially no resistance. When did we lose our fucking minds? We tried taking the moral high ground at every turn and where are we now? Cowering behind keyboards has turned America into a real Kleptocracy.

When the Emperor has no clothes someone has to say something. It's fine if you want to hide in the corner while I do it. We can still break bread later.

Wait are you driving right now to harass Ivanka Trump then?

Live stream that shit.

Or... are you... like, busy or something? I'm sure you can speak truth to power tomorrow when you're less busy.

Step 2. ???

Worked for Trump.

SPEA

Step 2. ???

Seems like a solid and effective plan.

Wait are you driving right now to harass Ivanka Trump then?

Live stream that shit.

Or... are you... like, busy or something? I'm sure you can speak truth to power tomorrow when you're less busy.
See the difference is I wouldn't shit my pants if the situation presented itself.

Keep resting your head at night secure in your moral superiority as the world burns around you. If you lick their boots any harder your tounge in gonna turn black.

marrec

Banned
Worked for Trump.

See this is where some in the political left in America are so fucking misguided.

Some actually think Trump was carried to power because he was insulting and mercurial and so they actually want to mimic some of the right's behavior because either they feel vindictive or they think it will win them political points.

Trump didn't win because he insulted Rosie O'donnell y'all.

See the difference is I wouldn't shit my pants if the situation presented itself.

Keep resting your head at night secure in your moral superiority as the world burns around you. If you lick their boots any harder your tounge in gonna turn black.

Oh okay, too busy to speak truth to power then. That's cool maybe we can do it next week?

I'll tell you what, next time I see Ivanka on a plane I'll Facetime you so you can yell at her okay? That'd show those fascists!

Step 2. ???

What is the Tea Party?

Yeah, man, dude in the plane gonna make hella changes for this nation's minorities. The world is a better place now and we have that brave martyr to thank.

marrec

Banned
Good to see you've given up trying to engage in good faith! Keep up that moral high ground.

Sorry can't deal with the militant left they're too ridiculous, people gotta do actual work to get shit done not navel gaze about the morals of harassing people.

"but marrec what if she was getting coffee in front of you at Starbucks, you'd be a MONSTER not to yell at her the whole time"

Ya okay bud

pigeon

Banned
Sorry can't deal with the militant left they're too ridiculous, people gotta do actual work to get shit done not navel gaze about the morals of harassing people.

Thanks for your solidarity! Glad we have leaders like you out there promoting a clear moral message about the dangers of white supremacy! Makes me feel a lot safer.

Buzzman

Banned
I agree that yelling at her doesn't solve anything, but I can't fault the man for doing it. And of course JetBlue has every right to kick him off in that case.

marrec

Banned
Thanks for your solidarity! Glad we have leaders like you out there promoting a clear moral message about the dangers of white supremacy! Makes me feel a lot safer.

Glad to help.

Since we're smelling our own moral farts:

Where's the line of protest? Verbal harassment is okay by you, but physical harassment is surely not right?

Can we spit on her? Can we vandalized her property?

Yeah, man, dude in the plane gonna make hella changes for this nation's minorities. The world is a better place now and we have that brave martyr to thank.
It's not about this specific incident. It's about the American left being jelly spined losers that can't for the life of them understand why they keep taking massive L's while a strongman pushes his way to power.

We should be more aggressive. Or we can keep doing what we've been doing I guess.

This seems really over the top. There are way more important fights coming and they won't be against people on your side of the political spectrum.

psaman17

Banned
It's not about this specific incident. It's about the American left being jelly spined losers that can't for the life of them understand why they keep taking massive L's while a strongman pushes his way to power.

We should be more aggressive. Or we can keep doing what we've been doing I guess.

Wow. Ok.

You sound like a religious extremist. Fucking chill.

Audioboxer

I would sue the shit out of JetBlue and Ivanka.

Nope, I'd win and be rich.

Civil liberties and what not being violated.

So you genuinely think if you were the man kicked off the flight for harassment you could then get a lawyer and sue Ivanka and win?

I mean either totally unhinged, or maybe the American 'sue industry' is actually as easy as I've been told... Judge Judy doesn't seem to take any shit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom