• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Al Gore Meets With Donald And Ivanka Trump In Search For 'Common Ground'

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh

There is NO COMMON GROUND ON CLIMATE CHANGE

Literally.

iStock_000069830477_Small.jpg

The 3 Steps to Saving Humanity

1. Leonardo Dicaprio seduces Ivanka Trump
2. Ivanka Trump seduces her dad
3. Trump fights climate change

The key word here is 'Ivanka'.

Ivanka does not hold any position in government. Everyone that has been appointed to his administration flies straight in the face of progressive policies like fighting climate change.

Again, if it ends up happening, then I will celebrate, but precedent says that it will not.

What I don't understand is why nobody seems particularly bothered by it. I barely hear a peep about it from media outlets.

Nobody elected her. What the fuck is she doing sitting at all of these meetings where extremely sensitive information is being discussed?

The media treats it more as "father brings his daughter to work" instead of "70-year-old president-elect brings 35-year-old business woman to confidential meetings with world leaders."

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Jesus, Ivanka has been at almost every meeting her dad has done so far. The Argentinian president was also mentioning how Ivanka was there when he was talking to Trump over the phone. Is this going to be a thing for you guys going forward?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Jesus, Ivanka has been at almost every meeting her dad has done so far. The Argentinian president was also mentioning how Ivanka was there when he was talking to Trump over the phone. Is this going to be a thing for you guys going forward?

Gotta start the dynasty somewhere.

Blader

Ivanka invited him, he thought it was going to be with her and it turns out that he has most of the time with the President Elect and there is more to come.
And reports are that this is one of Ivanka's personal platforms.

And yet this is a BAD THING.

Anti-Trump need to be careful with the booing and the pitchforks and rather they/you send applause when you see something you like or agree with.
Trump's administration is filled with climate deniers and isn't Ivanka supposed to be running the blind trust?

Barzul

The key word here is 'Ivanka'.

Ivanka's not the president though. Point is cannot really trust anything coming from Trump as she'll still need her father to further her agenda. That is until Trump starts delivering on previous promises. He hasn't thus far, why should I then expect different from his presidency as of now?

Ivanka's not the president though. Point is cannot really trust anything coming from Trump as she'll still need her father to further her agenda. That is until Trump starts delivering on previous promises. He hasn't thus far, why should I then expect different from his presidency as of now?

In terms of trusted advisor she ranks far ahead of anyone in the GOP.

Violet_0

Banned
I find it slightly amusing that Ivanka is seemingly involved in everything, but that''s probably not a bad thing

Blader

Trump is so impressionable that I could actually see him watching Before the Flood and suddenly changing his tune on climate change.

In terms of trusted advisor she ranks far ahead of anyone in the GOP.
Ivanka is not a policymaker. She is not in a cabinet position, she is not in Congress. If she really had Trump's ear on this, you would not be seeing a Whit House filled with climate deniers.

I find it slightly amusing that Ivanka is seemingly involved in everything, but that''s probably not a bad thing

Trump clearly has trust exclusively in his children. He has no idea what he's doing nor has he since they started this farce. So he relies on the counsel of his own blood. Without them he will be truly lost.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Trump clearly has trust exclusively in his children. He has no idea what he's doing nor has he since they started this farce. So he relies on the counsel of his own blood. Without them he will be truly lost.

We are now living in the time of King Lear then.

ZOONAMI

Al, I think you're tremedous and you're great people and these ideas on the climate really are interesting. Thanks for stopping by! Let's do this again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom