• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Ivanka takes her father’s seat at world leaders’ table during a G-20 meeting

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Poli-GAF, Ivanka's current job was pretty much given to her by her father, It's high paying and she would have never gotten in without him. What I don't understand is how can someone get mad at trying to get their family ahead. If I ran a business, I would do everything in my power to get my friends and family in position for success, not to mention trust factor. Other than any major incompetence, it seems like the way to go.

You'd make a terrible politician and I hope you never ever hold office

I can see Ivanka being President for some insane reason...

If there's anything America loves more than boorish rich white men, it's pretty and blonde white women.

Why do you think they're pushing this narrative that Ivanka is a liberal? Conservatives love her by default, and there's a whole bunch of moderates and liberals who will be all too happy to vote for the "moderate" Ivanka after the "extreme" Donald.

Nonetheless, it's a trap.

riotous

Banned
She's a member of his administration; a "special assistant to the President."

It's fairly normal for someone with that role to sit at a meeting on behalf of their boss.

The real issue is her complete lack of qualifications and how she got this role in the first place combined with her BS persona like she's some sort of sensible mind keeping the administration towards the center.

Moosichu

She's a member of his administration; a "special assistant to the President."

It's fairly normal for someone with that role to sit at a meeting on behalf of their boss.

The real issue is her complete lack of qualifications and how she got this role in the first place combined with her BS persona like she's some sort of sensible mind keeping the administration towards the center.

Not its really not normal for advisors to sit-in for the president at a G20 meeting. That's what the impression I have received tells me anywa.

riotous

Banned
Not its really not normal for advisors to sit-in for the president at a G20 meeting. That's what the impression I have received tells me anywa.

Sure it's normally a "senior official"; which in the Trump admin could be another total amateur he appointed to a position that they don't deserve.

I guess you are right that mere "advisers" aren't normal; but if this was any other adviser this probably wouldn't have made the news.

She is in fact a government official; like it or not... I'm just saying THAT is the core issue here.

jelly

I don't think people would fall for her Presidential run. Trump baggage will be ridiculous and she has enough apple doesn't fall far from the tree on her own. She is a scam artist like her father and her husband is shady as hell too. I know Trump got away with it somehow but I have faith in humanity that they won't do it again or at least other voters won't be sleeping.

Green Yoshi

19554659_10155605014014407_1405669875184429453_n.jpg

After he told a chemist with a PhD degree all he knew about climate change. ;-)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
After President Ivanka, it'll be Barron or then one of the idiot sons

They'll all start inbreeding and maybe that will take care of things for us. Their chins can only disappear so much before they're unable to eat and speak.

The Trumps are trying to move like some kind of American royal family, but with the President being the unrefined pig that he is, it will never work for them. I expect the nepotism stories coming out of this administration to be real horror show stuff after a couple of years.

Ferr986

Poli-GAF, Ivanka's current job was pretty much given to her by her father, It's high paying and she would have never gotten in without him. What I don't understand is how can someone get mad at trying to get their family ahead. If I ran a business, I would do everything in my power to get my friends and family in position for success, not to mention trust factor. Other than any major incompetence, it seems like the way to go.

Do you think this is a business?

I see what you did there.

You'd make a terrible politician and I hope you never ever hold office

It's a joke from the nepotism thread.

It's a power play. Imagine how the Merkel, Putin and Jingping feel when they sit in a session Trump has deemed not worth his full attention. If you've ever worked in a corporation, it's like being in a corporate offsite where a colleague at your level sends someone from their team, because they have better things to do. You'll feel like an idiot, and perceive the other manager is actually at a higher rank than you.

No it's not he's just a lazy piece of shit. Stop assigning these grand machinations to a dumbass

danm999

It's a power play. Imagine how the Merkel, Putin and Jingping feel when they sit in a session Trump has deemed not worth his full attention. If you've ever worked in a corporation, it's like being in a corporate offsite where a colleague at your level sends someone from their team, because they have better things to do. You'll feel like an idiot, and perceive the other manager is actually at a higher rank than you.

I've seen people try to pull power plays like this at meetings or forums and what tends to end up happening is the subordinate is in way over their head and the Machiavellian genius who sent them in has no viable representation. They get cut out.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
"It's a power play" doesn't really work when everyone at the meeting views you as a moron.

president ivanka trump soon boys, first female president

You're joking but if she ran she would get a large amount of support from both right wing and centrists, and hell even some left leaning voters.

Look how much of America thinks she's some kind of progressive Wonder Woman despite not having any sort of record that speaks to such.

Shoeless

Republicans and Trump supporters have, I take it, officially endorsed nepotism as a valid political system? Is it safe to assume that the Republican party is going to officially reintroduce "blue" bloodlines as a factor in the ascension of power, with elections no longer being necessary?

I've seen people try to pull power plays like this at meetings or forums and what tends to end up happening is the subordinate is in way over their head and the Machiavellian genius who sent them in has no viable representation. They get cut out.

Completely agree. People like Chittagong already have self esteem issues if something like that makes them question their place in their company. You don't go from being confident to worrying about your worth relative to someone else in a situation like that unless you were already questioning your own competence.

And it's obvious when someone skips a meeting because it was beneath them and when they skip a meeting because they have nothing to contribute and don't want to look dumb. Other world leaders aren't going to respect Trump more for pulling this, they're going to make decisions without his input.

norinrad

I rather have Ivanka at the table. Imagine having Jared? All those leaders would be laughing inside as soon as he opens his mouth.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
This isnt a business.

Mahonay

Banned
I rather have Ivanka at the table. Imagine having Jared? All those leaders would be laughing inside as soon as he opens his mouth.
Ivanka has absolutely zero qualifications to be taking that seat. They are and have been laughing at us already. The Trump family has undermined any sense of integrity our country had before. We are an embarrassment when things like this keep happening on the world stage.

Top Bottom