• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ian Bremmer: Trump, Putin held second informal meeting at G-20

subrock

Trump didn't have his own person to make sure Putin wasn't filling him with bullshit?

They were probably speaking in English, with the translator there to clear up any confusion (since native english speakers even have a hard time with Trump)

LilZippa

giphy.gif
Someone should add either a hand behind him or obvious strings. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been done.

Locke562

I want to know a couple things:

1. Has this ever happened before with past presidents? (Especially the part about only Putin's translator being present)

2. Did he meet with any other world leaders at the G20 conference one on one?

Shadybiz

It would be "hilarious", if wasn't so "sad".
How did he get his bachelor's degree without knowing how to use "quotes"? I feel like someone should check his thesis or something.

Highly doubt that he had to actually write a thesis for a bachelor's. Also, if he did...he most likely paid someone to write it for him.

NewFresh

So the narrative change is going to be to deflect that there was an undisclosed 1on1 conversation and just yell that everyone was at dinner!

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I should have known. An actual verbal response would have been much more incoherent.

It's just a recurring joke where people put his tweets as official statements from the President (because I guess they technically are?).

A lot of his press releases are pretty stupid too, though

It seems like this should be a big deal but I've been wrong every other time I've thought that.

Only if there is recorded audio of it. He's basically said fuck you to all of our allies already, but won't say one bad word about Putin or Russia.

Rran

Even if there was nothing nefarious about their exchange, it's terrible optics. For as much heat the Trump team has been under lately regarding its Russian ties... you've gotta be either unbelievably naive, ridiculously corrupt or unfathomably stupid to engage in this kind of furtive behavior. And judging by his response to the media's reporting on the story... jesus f'n christ, dude. Like, can he seriously not comprehend how maybe their whole 1hr little chit-chat might be met with a degree of suspicion?? I honestly don't know; maybe Trump honestly believes his days are numbered and he's just fuckin' w/ us (i.e. America) until then...

Top Bottom