• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Ivanka takes her father’s seat at world leaders’ table during a G-20 meeting

cameron

GHICfpg.jpg
A photo on Twitter shows Ivanka Trump sitting at her father’s place, between Chinese President Xi Jinping and British Prime Minister Theresa May. One official who was watching the session said she has taken her father’s place at the table on at least two occasions today and did not speak.

A spokesman for Ivanka Trump said she had been sitting in the back of the room and then briefly joined the main table when the president stepped out. The president of the World Bank addressed the meeting, which was about African migration and health -- areas that would benefit from a facility that Ivanka Trump and the World Bank had announced shortly before the meeting, the spokesman said.

G-20 leaders are allowed to bring staff into the room for some of the meetings, and when other leaders stepped out during today’s session, their seats were briefly filled by others. Ivanka Trump serves as an unpaid adviser to her father, as an assistant to the president.

But her presence at the table is the sort of blurring of lines -- between family and official business -- that Donald Trump is often criticized for, and it would be unusual for world leaders to have family members take their place at their table. Later in the meeting, Trump’s wife, Melania, joined the U.S. delegation in the room while the president was in the chair.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-sits-in-for-her-father-at-g-20-meeting-table

RPGCrazied

So pathetic. She recently said she was not into politics, yet is front in center at the G20 meeting.

Is this whole family nothing but gold diggers and liars?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
You all wanted a woman as president. >_>

Dumb jokes aside, this is infuriating. I can't imagine how US citizens must feel right now.

StarVigil

It makes sense. The boys have to protect their fathers business empire. So she is next in line for the political dynasty as Barron is too young. That's how it works right? Good thing I live in a democracy. Can't imagine what it's like there in the US. I bet Trump could do or say anything and still remain in power.

Thread title should have been "Trump takes her father's seat" instead of using her first name like she's some sort of pop idol

Amalthea

Banned
The name Trump will become synonymous with people who combine all human depravity into one.

Edit: Who am I kidding, it already is.

UberTag

GOP: No fuck's given.

GOP if this was Chelsea Clintom under a Hillary presidency: "IMPEACH HER!!!!"
Hell, imagine if Hillary had done this during Bill's presidency. There would have been revolts in the streets.

Seems like the majority don't care.

Also why the fuck are the Dems completely silent these days?
Dems doing what Dems do best.

Republicans make lots of noise during a Dem presidency.
Dems remain neutered and quiet like a mouse during a Republican presidency.
They let talk show hosts react on their behalf.

Top Bottom