• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Ivanka takes her father’s seat at world leaders’ table during a G-20 meeting

Tovarisc

President Trump's daughter and adviser Ivanka Trump has an expansive portfolio in her father's administration. But on Saturday, she literally took his seat at the table at the G-20 Summit here.

The first daughter was spotted slipping into Trump's seat at a G-20 Summit working session on "Partnership with Africa, Migration and Health" putting her shoulder-to-shoulder with Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May and Russian President Vladimir Putin, who sat one seat down.

Trump's presence at the high-level table was somewhat unusual, given that government ministers are typically the ones called to stand in for heads of state at such sessions.

Ivanka, who entered the session with her father, “briefly joined the main table when the President had to step out” a spokesman for the first daughter said.

It isn't the first time that she has participated in high level meetings at the summit.

On Thursday night, Ivanka Trump and her husband — another Trump adviser — Jared Kushner joined the president at a bilateral meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Kushner also participated in Trump's bilateral meeting with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto on Friday.
Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-20-meeting/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.2c5e332c67a0

DENBGy0WsAAY893.jpg

https://twitter.com/LanaLukash/status/883621544781643776/photo/1

She is doing great job at staying out of those nasty politics.

Sinfamy

Could you imagine how the GOP would foam at the mouth if Chelsea Clinton was doing the same shit?

It's amazing how loose everything is and how the Trumps find all these ways to benefit themselves. "Can she do that?" "Well, it isn't traditional for a non-head-of-state, but..."

Shocking how good leaders have gotten at avoiding regulation of their behavior.

This is why you can't sweat the small things, I guess.

Zaph

So while Trump is cupping Putin's balls, someone from Russia's very own Presidential office is exposing Ivanka on twitter?

It's fascinating to see how much humiliation America is willing to bear on the world-stage, there seems no end to it.

edit: linkedin
RPygP49.png

Bet she spins around in her Dads chair in the oval office,

I bet they all fucking do. Donald probably rubs his balls on the resolute desk.

Mathieran

Banned
When she inevitably runs for office some day she is going to point at stuff like this when people say she has no experience. Shouldn't the Vice President be filling in for trump when he can't be there?

PJV3

Jesus, the US has to have a good, long, hard look at its system when this family finally goes away.

jmood88

I don't even care about Trump right now (since we already know he doesn't care and is going to do whatever), I'm more angry at how the entire Republican Party just sits back and lets him do whatever the fuck he wants all so that they can cut some taxes. It's disgusting.

Elandyll

Banned
I'm not sure what kills me the most.

The blatant nepotism and disregard for ethics/ conventions/ basic competence or the simple fact that if Obama and his family had done barely a tenth of that shit Republicans would have (metaphorically) burned the White House down.

So while Trump is cupping Putin's balls, someone from Russia's very own Presidential office is exposing Ivanka on twitter?

It's fascinating to see how much humiliation America is willing to bear on the world-stage, there seems no end to it.

edit: linkedin
RPygP49.png

Holy shit

Jesus, the US has to have a good, long, hard look at its system when this family finally goes away.
Doesn't matter when changing the necessary things ranges from super hard to almost impossible. The electoral college is a fatal weakness that our enemies will continue to exploit and gerrymandering is a blight upon democracy.

Oriel

GOP: No fuck's given.

GOP if this was Chelsea Clintom under a Hillary presidency: "IMPEACH HER!!!!"

Top Bottom