• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man kicked off Jetblue flight for harassing Ivanka Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck that guy, even if he didn't "yell" at her he has no right to direct any of his anger towards her.

She has co-signed everything her father has done on the campaign trail, was actively involved in his campaign, and looks to be actively involved in his administration. She is not a child like Chelsea Clinton, the bush daughters, or the obama daughters were she is a grown women. If this were baron trump or even the forgotten daughter Tiffany this would be a problem because they were just supporting their father but the older three Trump kids have have taken active roles in the circus and will bear the weight of peoples anger toward their father rightly or wrongly because they have taken active roles in his bs.

Avixph

this thread is a classic example of what i've been saying about liberals since forever -- they're more racist and biased than any of things they accuse of being racist -- it's just racism against non-minorities and republicans. even worse is that ivanka is an immigrant, who they claim to love so much...i guess only if they have the right political views

/smh
Racism against republicans? Hmmmm.

FroJay

Banned
She has co-signed everything her father has done on the campaign trail, was actively involved in his campaign, and looks to be actively involved in his administration. She is not a child like Chelsea Clinton, the bush daughters, or the obama daughters were she is a grown women. If this were baron trump or even the forgotten daughter Tiffany this would be a problem because they were just supporting their father but the older three Trump kids have have taken active roles in the circus and will bear the weight of peoples anger toward their father rightly or wrongly because they have taken active roles in his bs.

So that gives this man the "right" to do this to her in front of her kids on a plane? Where's the class? Taking the high road? Non existant.

jb1234

And? You can be as angry with her and her family as you want but that doesn't make it okay to cause a scene on a plane.

PopeReal

So that gives this man the "right" to do this to her in front of her kids on a plane? Where's the class? Taking the high road? Non existant.

The guy got kicked off. She has her own security. People are going to be pissed. Yelling at her is pointless, but she will be OK.

this thread is a classic example of what i've been saying about liberals since forever -- they're more racist and biased than any of things they accuse of being racist -- it's just racism against non-minorities and republicans. even worse is that ivanka is an immigrant, who they claim to love so much...i guess only if they have the right political views

/smh

Ivanka is an immigrant? Born in NY? What am I even reading

Opto

Banned
Okay yes, fine.

But do you think it's okay for this dude to be a dick to her on a plane? Like, can't we be adults about our enmity and Subtweet her later in a passive aggressive way?

Some of y'all throwin normal decency and morals out the window

Yeah, decency and morals went out the window somewhere around "grab em by the pussy"

Fuck this bitch. She should have been the one kicked off because she's more of a threat

No matter how you can spin it you can't justify acting like a spoiled baby on a flight especially when someone is with their children.

Yeah, decency and morals went out the window somewhere around "grab em by the pussy"

Fuck this bitch. She should have been the one kicked off because she's more of a threat

Stay classy man.

Audioboxer

The guy got kicked off. She has her own security. People are going to be pissed. Yelling at her is pointless, but she will be OK.

The debate was never about whether she will be okay. Of course she will. It's about challenging some GAFers who seem to think, or even outright agree, a harassment action like this on an aeroplane is justified "because... lists reasons".

^ Case in point...

What an asshole. The way some people on the left have handled this defeat is just flat out embarrassing. All they're doing is giving ammo to the right to use against them.

Riposte

If morals are out the window, why stop at mere harassment?

pigeon

Banned
But like, she can fly on a plane without getting harassed. There's a time and a place.

It's somewhat unclear to me why people who support white supremacy should be given a pass out of etiquette, but that wasn't really my point. I wasn't responding to somebody saying "don't yell at her on a plane," I was responding to the argument that you shouldn't be mad at Ivanka at all just because her dad is Idiot Hitler.

To the specific question of yelling at people on a plane, I mean, you'll get thrown off the plane, that's a practical problem.

If Ivanka were standing at baggage claim and people started yelling at her for supporting white supremacy, would people oppose that?

What if she were out on the curb?

I would like to understand what limit to political speech people believe should exist here.

Linkura

Ivanka is an immigrant? Born in NY? What am I even reading

Looks like confused her with her mother. Ivana is an immigrant.

This isn't acceptable. She was with her children in an already-stressful environment. Not the place to do this at all. From the eyewitness account, if the guy was that visibly shaken and upset, I think Jetblue made the right call even if he wasn't going to do anything. If he was a crazy person, it could have escalated and ended very badly. They didn't want to take that chance, and rightfully so.

PopeReal

What an asshole. The way some people on the left have handled this defeat is just flat out embarrassing. All they're doing is giving ammo to the right to use against them.

Lolol like they need ammo.

What is embarrassing from the left is all this hand wringing and lecturing while we are being curb stomped by the right. No wonder the Dems in office are such fucking pussies.

Fucking stop it.

Audioboxer

It's somewhat unclear to me why people who support white supremacy should be given a pass out of etiquette, but that wasn't really my point. I wasn't responding to somebody saying "don't yell at her on a plane," I was responding to the argument that you shouldn't be mad at Ivanka at all just because her dad is Idiot Hitler.

To the specific question of yelling at people on a plane, I mean, you'll get thrown off the plane, that's a practical problem.

If Ivanka were standing at baggage claim and people started yelling at her for supporting white supremacy, would people oppose that?

I would like to understand what limit to political speech people believe should exist here.

People tend to oppose any situation where you are the aggressor or you condone acts of harassment without being provoked. So yeah, simply going up to someone standing on a curb or collecting a bag and intimidating/threatening or shouting at them is poor social etiquette. It's different to try and engage and question.

It's about how YOU behave. The law/security looks at it that way as well. Hence the GAFer above saying she should have been thrown off the plane looks ridiculous.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

Fuck this woman and her children they should fuckin walk across the country I agree.

/s

Opto

Banned
Stay classy man.
I'm fucking tired of having to be nice to pieces of shit. She's going to profit off of rigging the system and the corruption taking root. She used a phone call with the Prime Minister of Japan to edge her products into the country. She's gonna send us all to hell while laughing to the bank. She's on the goddamn transition team. Fuck. Her.

And? You can be as angry with her and her family as you want but that doesn't make it okay to cause a scene on a plane.

No matter how you can spin it you can't justify acting like a spoiled baby on a flight especially when someone is with their children.

Reading comprehension is a thing you know. If you didn't notice I said rightly or wrongly shes gonna be a target of peoples anger because she is a active member of the circus that is the trump administration. I am not excusing the guys actions that is on him but lets not pretend she is not a part of the bs.

pigeon

Banned
People tend to oppose any situation where you are the aggressor or you condone acts of harassment without being provoked.

Actively working and advocating for a white supremacist to become president seems like a provocation to me. Why is that not a provocation to you?

Kacho

Wish I could say that some of the replies in this thread are surprising but they're not. NeoGAF continues to be bizarro world.

Fortunately the asshat in this situation was dealt with appropriately and most people in this world are reasonable enough to know how to conduct themselves in public without acting like a petulant child. Sanity prevails.

I fully support the right for people to peacefully protest but this is just harassment. It makes you no better than what you claim to stand against.

JP_

Banned
She's an adult that campaigned for him and appears to be part of his white house, so she's fair game for protest. Not all protest is productive though.

Kathian

Banned
What a fucking tool. "She should be on a private flight; whys she here with us" - wha wha wha. Maybe the gut didn't notice no one else on the flight acting that way?

Lack of self control plain and simple.

Audioboxer

Actively working and advocating for a white supremacist to become president seems like a provocation to me. Why is that not a provocation to you?

What was she doing in the plane, or when standing on the curb or when collecting her bags? If you can't answer in these situations being aggressive/confronting or provoking others, then no, you do not have a license to be an aggressor and act like an asshole in any of those situations. Please try it and see that it will be YOU who gets ejected, YOU who gets banned or YOU who gets in trouble with the law. Not her.

pigeon

Banned
I fully support the right for people to peacefully protest but this is just harassment. It makes you no better than what you claim to stand against.

That's why I asked specific questions for you to clarify.

Are you saying that it is inappropriate in all situations to express anger at Ivanka?

Also, for the record, are you really claiming that harassing people verbally and white supremacy and sexual assault are equivalent morally?

73V3N

Banned

hahaha is this post for real?

i hope this is some kind of parody

Opto

Banned
hahaha is this post for real?

i hope this is some kind of parody

I guess I'll just sit with my hands in my lap while I let her and her ilk ruin everything. Then when my muslim friends are being deported, I can tell them that at least I was kind about the whole thing.

1) Not a productive form of protest.
2) Because sexism there are white knights that will defend her while bashing Eric and Don Jr. She is no better than them.

pigeon

Banned
What was she doing in the plane, or when standing on the curb or when collecting her bags? If you can't answer in these situations being aggressive/confronting or provoking others, then no, you do not have a license to be an aggressor and act like an asshole.

Okay, so yes, your position here is that, no matter how odious my political positions or how dangerous they are to others and what suffering I might impose on them, if people yell at me in a public place, they are wrong.

To be clear: this is why I say that you go into every thread to advocate acquiescence to fascism. Because it keeps happening.

Biske

Don't be a dick to someone on a plane. Or anywhere. Fuckers just trying to Travel. Specially with their families, come on. No need to say shit.

Its one thing if you are like "fuck this, I'm not flying on this plane" Say your piece and leave, I guess.

But if you being a dick to someone on a plane or where ever, you deserve to get kicked off and should expect it.

finalflame

This all just seems so bizarre. Why would Ivanka and her family be traveling on a commercial airline, in coach no less?

With that said, despite her family and her father's antics, she has the right to travel without being harassed. Especially in front of her children. I understand emotions are high and I'm just as upset about the presidency as the next guy but yah..dude should've just kept his cool.

Effect

What a jackass. It's not her fault he's her father, leave her and her family alone.

She and her husband under their own power fully endorse everything he's said and did and stand by him today. They're on his transition team. She'll be taking Trump's wife's place in the White House because she doesn't want to leave New York.

She should be harassed like that on a flight? No. Full stop. Time and place are important in all things. Doing anything stupid on a plane is dumb no matter what and shouldn't be tolerated. He should have been removed the way he was. Yet let's not re-write the last year, especially the last few months and pretend they're (her and her husband) in any way shape or form innocent here when it comes to her father. The only innocent ones here in that family are the young children and grandchildren. Trump is a racist, bigoted, sexist, homophobic, ignorant liar. They're at his side no matter what. They have to own that. They need to be made to own that. They don't get a free pass. She and her husband are not good people. That lie needs to be stopped now.

psaman17

Banned
I dont get it some people here think she is a good person or something?

Whether she is a good person or not isnt relevant. Who she is related to isn't relevant.

This is a story about a woman with her children minding her own business getting harrased on a plane.

Its very concerning to me that some of you cant see that? Theres no more moral decency anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom