• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Freshmaker said:
Tweegok?

I don't even know that that thing's about. Every time it's mentioned:

Black bar of why appears.

Best I can figure it's about a guy who collects body pillows and names them. Then people root for their favorite body pillow to keep the dude warm that night.

You just predicted the final twist.

survivor

Banned
Snytbaggen said:
I read the pilot and first two chapter of TWGOK, but I'm not feeling it... Does it get good later on?
I think the better question is do you have a soul?

Try reading a couple of captures and see how it goes. If you don't like it by then I doubt you will like the later arcs.

TWGOK

Awesome chapter, I kinda feel bad for chihiro (again).

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. (again)

God Piece (of awesomness every week...normally)

I just renamed One Piece, because this chapter was that good.

Bleach

Um...okay, that's how I feel, useless chapter.

Snytbaggen said:
I read the pilot and first two chapter of TWGOK, but I'm not feeling it... Does it get good later on?

I just read the best chapter in the manga, yes it gets good.

Yeah, I'm exaggerating

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Either Ai2en gives Ichigo the details of why A1zen was so pissed off at the Soul King now, or this was a totally wasted arc.

Extra points if the Soul King is also Aizen. (4izen)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Angry Grimace said:
Either Ai2en gives Ichigo the details of why A1zen was so pissed off at the Soul King now, or this was a totally wasted arc.

Ha.. Have I gained influence? =D

Angry Grimace said:

Aizen did say that he hated the status quo so he wanted to change it. That´s it. There might be deeper reason for Aizen´s behavior but we only know that he hated the status quo.

Bleach
After we hear what Ginjo has to say Ichigo should just go bankai and kick his ass.

One Piece
Awesome seeing some of the new SH finishing moves.
Hope fully next week we see Luffy fully destroy the Noah .

Bleach
yea yea Aizen 2 is gonna talk about how the SS higher ups are really sinister or some other shit. But I hope ichigo asks " and what about that warrants manipulating me like this, doing fucked up things to my friends and family etc etc".

One Piece
Not much to be said it was all awesome finishers. I loved brooke's and sanji's the best.

Beam said:
Aizen did say that he hated the status quo so he wanted to change it. That´s it. There might be deeper reason for Aizen´s behavior but we only know that he hated the status quo.

The king stole his girlfriend.

Totally, the status quo it's just an excuse.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
could be shitty translators, but i always remember Aizen or someone referring to the Spirit King as "that... thing", so sounds pretty monstrous and non-human.

Its a pity theres no Marine members present on Fishman Island. The Straw Hats all just demonstrated they all need gigantic bounty increases. Especially Chopper :lol

Forever

Banned
Snytbaggen said:
The pilot was kinda bad. It gets progressively more awesome.

It's been absolutely amazing lately though.

brotkasten said:
TWGOK

Yo! Yo Keima!

kratos_headbkuft.gif

Yeah, that's kinda how I feel about it. Thanks for asking, Wiseblade!
Well on the bright side, at least...

I got nothing. XD

789shadow

Banned
Pie and Beans said:
could be shitty translators, but i always remember Aizen or someone referring to the Spirit King as "that... thing", so sounds pretty monstrous and non-human.

Its a pity theres no Marine members present on Fishman Island. The Straw Hats all just demonstrated they all need gigantic bounty increases. Especially Chopper :lol
Straw Hats are Four Yonkou level. I suspect that will become an official title when the beat Kaidou.

Forever

Banned
brotkasten said:
Please, I bitched about this a week or two ago. I'm basically just pissed because I was right all along.
I think we all saw it coming, we just didn't expect the sheer brutality of it.

Kreed

One Piece 646:

Welp, Robin and Nami didn't get finishing moves. I guess that means they'll be kicked out of the Straw Hats and replaced by Jinbei.

...anyway, Ussop and Brooke's moves were nice. I still think Chopper going monster form was way too damn early and it seems like everyone but the monster Trio (and the two female background characters) used too many damn moves on the "2 year practice dummies". There's still a lot more of the Grandline to cover and a lot of enemies for the Straw Hats to deal with, so I hope Oda saved a couple of moves/secrets. Otherwise I could see the crew struggling in battle by the third arc into the time skip.

upandaway

Kreed said:
One Piece 646:

Welp, Robin and Nami didn't get finishing moves. I guess that means they'll be kicked out of the Straw Hats and replaced by Jinbei.

...anyway, Ussop and Brooke's moves were nice. I still think Chopper going monster form was way too damn early and it seems like everyone but the monster Trio (and the two female background characters) used too many damn moves on the "2 year practice dummies". There's still a lot more of the Grandline to cover and a lot of enemies for the Straw Hats to deal with, so I hope Oda saved a couple of moves/secrets. Otherwise I could see the crew struggling in battle by the third arc into the time skip.
That's kinda the point, though. I fully expect them to spill out the entire 2 years within the next couple of arcs, and from then on it's normal progression again (as in, using moves that hadn't been developed during the 2 year skip). And normal proression comes with hard fights.

I find bulding up on top of the skip's results (example, Luffy coming up with new Haki attacks in later arcs) is more interesting than a bunch of convenient "I have a secret move prepared for this scenario too!!" type of combat (example, sorta what Usopp did this chapter).

Still Oda loves to build things up so I think the next arc will also focus on the timeskip and be not too difficult.

Kreed

One Piece 646:

upandaway said:
That's kinda the point, though. I fully expect them to spill out the entire 2 years within the next couple of arcs, and from then on it's normal progression again (as in, using moves that hadn't been developed during the 2 year skip). And normal proression comes with hard fights.

I find bulding up on top of the skip's results (example, Luffy coming up with new Haki attacks in later arcs) is more interesting than a bunch of convenient "I have a secret move prepared for this scenario too!!" type of combat.

Still Oda loves to build things up so I think the next arc will also focus on the timeskip and be not too difficult.

I definitely prefer when moves are developed this way, but considering they have been training for 2 years we shouldn't have to see Luffy creating new gears/etc... for at least a couple of arcs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Beam said:
He had that crazy rant when he went down about how he was pissed off that people could serve the Soul King and called it an "it" and a "thing." I don't remember exactly what he said.

Steroyd

upandaway said:

I find bulding up on top of the skip's results (example, Luffy coming up with new Haki attacks in later arcs) is more interesting than a bunch of convenient "I have a secret move prepared for this scenario too!!" type of combat (example, sorta what Usopp did this chapter).

I can definately see the first couple of arcs in the New World being akin to when they were in South Blue. i.e Goku, Luffy being strong enough to take down the big boss, but just has to get there in time.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Angry Grimace said:
He had that crazy rant when he went down about how he was pissed off that people could serve the Soul King and called it an "it" and a "thing." I don't remember exactly what he said.
I think it's just some kinda nasty looking soul pump that has no real intelligence of its own.

Seizon-Life

This is not the kind of story I expected from Fukumoto at all. A tragedy with great tension, characters and drama. I don't think I'd be able to read this if I had a kid. You can tell right from the beginning how much effort it took Takeda to not just break down. Don't think I'd be able to hold back if I was face to face with my daughter's killer.

Art was good too. Kind of like other Fukumoto stuff where he actually did the art in that the designs (at least of the main character) is kind of at odds with the tone of the story. Might have to check out this guy's other stuff and not just collaborations.

Griffith

Banned
Sales for November 7-13

01. One Piece #64 (488,991 / 2,507,357)
02. Real #11 (198,424)
03. Natuto #58 (172,402 / 877,012)
04. Gintama #42 (114,261 / 317,237)
05. Toriko #17 (108,177 / 297,698)
06. To Love-Ru Darkness #3 (93,268 / 279,317)
07. Gate 7 #2 (79,463 / 178,377)
08. Sket Dance #21 (71,466 / 178,159)
09. Minami-ke #9 (62,203 / 138,929)
10. Ane no Kekkon #2 (54,922)
11. Yozakura Quartet #11 (48,703)
12. Tegami Bachi #13 (48,003 / 114,914)
13. Saint☆Oniisan #7 (47,257 / 795,632)
14. Kure-nai #8 (38,602 / 94,830)
15. Drop OG #1 (37,887)
16. Shitsuren Chocolatie #4 (36,673)
17. Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru #2 (34,570 / 87,140)
18. Sengoku Tenseiki #12 (31,061 / 66,648)
19. Tajuu Jinkaku Tantei Psycho #16 (30,533 / 99,295)
20. Chotto Ede Made #6 (29,881 / 74,627)
21. Shinjuku Swan #29 (29,221 / 68,744)
22. Koi Suru Boukun #7 (27,824)
23. Clover #24 (27,056)
24. Q and A #5 (26,786)
25. Toriko Gourmet Hunting Book (26,716 / 64,105)
26. Chicken「Drop」Zenya no Monogatari #4 (24,669)
27. Psychometrer #2 (23,747 / 52,513)
28. Kara no Kyoukai the garden of sinners #1 (22,376)
29. Hakaijuu #5 (20,054)
30. Seito Shokun! Saishuushou・Tabitachi #2 (19,747)

I didn't know Real sold that well.

upandaway

Hayate

I just saw the Royal Palace painting on the Greece trip...

Daaaaaaaaaamn son. This might be getting serious.

Hayate needs to see that ASAP.

Edit: And of course they go away and Hayate doesn't fucking see it.

Fuck's sake.

Cwarrior

Freshmaker said:
Tweegok?

I don't even know that that thing's about. Every time it's mentioned:

Black bar of why appears.

Best I can figure it's about a guy who collects body pillows and names them. Then people root for their favorite body pillow to keep the dude warm that night.

Yep that's what I thought it's about, just another harem with twice the body pillow count.

For someone who doesn't like harems is twgok worth giving a try?

upandaway

Cwarrior said:
Yep that's what I thought it's about, just another harem with twice the body pillow count.

On paper, it definitely seems like a standard harem (it fully employs harem cliches to the maximum) but the context is what makes the difference. It's from a different POV. I guess someone else could explain it better to help you decide.

Trevelyon

Zoramon089 said:
Is that teacher still being raped?

Not where I'm at, but as far as rape goes I believe Chiba just got sodomized, along with his tongue bitten out. Though, it looks like he'll get his in a chapter or two.

Trevelyon said:
Haguro.... this guy, this fucking guy.

... People still read this?

Trevelyon said:
Not where I'm at, but as far as rape goes I believe Chiba just got sodomized, along with his tongue bitten out. Though, it looks like he'll get his in a chapter or two.

Oh you haven't reached the teacher's magical adventure in penetrationland yet.

Cwarrior said:

It's a Harem series in which the protagonist is pretty much 100% successful at seducing every single girl, except he's not interested in regular human girls at all, like literally, he's a sociopath.
last chapter proves it

The fact that it doesn't seem like wish fulfillment and more like a homage is what makes it so good.

Trevelyon

Neoriceisgood said:
... People still read this?

Huh, unless there's a drastic cliff dive in quality from where I'm at, I'd say this is a pretty compelling read, at the very least a solid guilty pleasure.

Trevelyon said:
Huh, unless there's a drastic cliff dive in quality from where I'm at, I'd say this is a pretty compelling read, at very least a solid guilty pleasure.

Around 18 chapters of graphic gang rape coming right up.

Ninjimbo said:
Action = great chapter

Plot and character development = bad chapter

I love you MangaGAF. ;)

Not entirely, people loved TWGOK this week and it was like the epitomy of #2.

People enjoy good action in an action oriented series, especially when it's something everyone has been looking foreward to.

Forever

Banned
Cwarrior said:

It's a really unique series so it's hard to compare it to something directly, but imagine if Light from Death Note was a gaming nerd with a huge ego and no interest in the real world. Then force him into the awkward position of having to use his knowledge of dating sims to seduce real girls in order to exorcise evil spirits from their hearts.

The first part of the series is like going through levels, with the protagonist tackling one girl after the other with their own unique personalities and challenges. Then it introduces an overall story arc, and then finally once all the foundations are laid things get really interesting.

It can be both serious and funny at the same time and the main character develops nicely over the course of the series. You should definitely give it a shot for the first few arcs at least.

Trevelyon

Neoriceisgood said:
Around 18 chapters of graphic gang rape coming right up.

Then I better get some KY and a sock. But that is pretty excessive and doesn't sound like it's exactly in the service of the plot after that many chapters, yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom