• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verelios

I thought they cut the oni arc because the anime wanted to move faster than the manga which was at a standstill. Then they diverged somewhere
I think a little before meeting Chocoluv

Sai

That theory is good, except for one thing. We saw how Nagato used the Rinnegan for the first time, there was no way that Madara has giving the eyes to Nagato.
Can't be discounted, especially considering that the Madara was aware of Nagato's existence and his possession of the Rinnegan.

Also, have to take into account any potential Genjutsu chicanery from Madara or Tobi's end. Tobi controlled Yagura—the Yondaime Mizukage and Jinchuuriki of the Sanbi—with a Genjutsu that has been likened to Kotoamatsukami, which is capable of rewriting the user's memories with false experiences.

Nagato's recollection of his Rinnegan's "awakening" may not have actually happened.

Cue hatred for the Sharingan's mind warpin' hax.

Glass Rebel

Magi

:) aw this is just an awesome feel-good manga

Giant Killing

Even though I love Eyeshield 21 and Ippo I'm starting to prefer GK's down-to-earth approach to sports. Can't wait to see the second half, I think that Gino is just acting tbh.

join the heartbroken
Maybe it should've been published in a monthly magazine or even a seinen magazine. Maybe it would have stood a chance, with something else than a young prepubescent readership that doesn't know what's a good manga. [/rant]

Magi 76
Oh hey, it's like the Stone in The Deathly Hallows.

Not enough Morgianna though ¬.¬

Wiseblade

So let me make sure I'm getting this straight. There's dungeon divers, regular dudes who've cleared a dungeon and can use magical items obtained within, and magi, special people with an affinity to aforementioned items and summon the genies within?

Glass Rebel

So let me make sure I'm getting this straight. There's dungeon divers, regular dudes who've cleared a dungeon and can use magical items obtained within, and magi, special people with an affinity to aforementioned items and summon the genies within?

Exactly. How far are you into Magi?

MCD

Fairy Tail

I'm where Natsu is fighting that super sayian god slayer guy and I really want to say this:

Please, bring back Gerard. I miss his Aizen-like trolling.

Dresden

Around 35 chapters in. it's just when I read something in one sitting I tend to make a lot of misunderstandings, so I wanted to clear it up early.

Also: it should be illegal for things to be this good.

Yeah, Magi is great.

Of course it's still in that early-shonen-manga phase so we'll have to see in a few years if it's been able to keep it up (or if it's even around still by then). Even Bleach was enjoyable in the first hundred chapters.

Big One

Banned
Yeah, Magi is great.

Of course it's still in that early-shonen-manga phase so we'll have to see in a few years if it's been able to keep it up (or if it's even around still by then). Even Bleach was enjoyable in the first hundred chapters.
However Bleach took a major nosedive in quality when Soul Society hit. Till this day, Bleach will never match the story, character development, humor, and action scenes featured in the very first arc.

Glass Rebel

Around 35 chapters in. it's just when I read something in one sitting I tend to make a lot of misunderstandings, so I wanted to clear it up early.

Also: it should be illegal for things to be this good.

Yeah, it seems everybody who gives it a fair chance ends up liking it. I hope it manages to generate some buzz because I want it to continue.

Magi passed 100 chapters. I doubt it's in any immediate danger of being cancelled, especially in Shounen Sunday. This isn't Jump where something can get cancelled at 250 (or at least I don't think it is).

Dresden

You say that like it's in danger of being cancelled.

But it's not though, RIGHT

It's been going strong since 2009 and has had 11 volumes released--so no, I don't foresee it being cancelled anytime soon (or as we call it, Kano'd).

I want it to get big-time, though. Get a good anime. Sell Odatons.

Lain

Breath of Fire IV 5 [END]
874d5e80f8859c21746acb07b8cc2d8c4ad84402.png

Sweet end to end, with a little bitter taste when an image of Ryong flashed by as Ryu shows an item to Fou Lu. Ryong's fate really hit me hard, harder than Elina's fate.
It was nice how Deis decided to stay behind at the end and I liked the short flashback about Ursula's past at the start, made her even more likable, since she wasn't an asshole like those other imperial soldiers.
I'm gonna miss this one. The art was good (some really cute faces in this last volume as well) and the story fast and to the point.

Yeah, Magi going big time would be nice. It has the making of an excellent shounen. Only thing I would say could use improvement are the strategies in battle and the visual representation of Ruhk. Plenty of time to get that down though.

Wiseblade

It's been going strong since 2009 and has had 11 volumes released--so no, I don't foresee it being cancelled anytime soon (or as we call it, Kano'd).

I want it to get big-time, though. Get a good anime. Sell Odatons.

Yes. This series has a ton of potential and actually looks like it'll live up to it.

Higanjima

Kind of figured the vampires were cool dudes before the army fucked them up. Ah well, that at least gives us some hope for a few vampire allies.

gunbo13

Goodnight Punpun (vol1)

-It's art school time.

This volume definitely ended on an interesting note. I think it is good to space this read out a bit. I expected more interpretive moments in the volume after the first two chapters. However, as you read you notice that those interpretive scenes are actually throw-aways. Sort of like a warp of reality and not actual fantasy. What's left is a coming of age story with Punpun and plenty of drama. A lot of tough themes are covered such as physical abuse, cults, murder, sex, etc... Punpun just happens to wrap up telling these stories with interpretive fantasy and a unique way to display the Punpun family.

It takes a while to get going because the central plot doesn't take notice until late in vol1. But the manga will keep me interested as long as it doesn't go on too many tangents. The warped reality effect can drag if an author relies too much on it.

Vol in 3 (families, abuse, discovery)

survivor

Banned
Goodnight Punpun (vol1)

Vol in 3 (families, abuse, discovery)
I read 6 volumes of TLR in the time you read one volume of Punpun. Step your game up

Magi

This is fucking Ali Baba?

alibabaahkv5.jpg

And I don't even wanna talk about Aladdin.

Japan stop ruining my childhood

Random but, the fact that Liar Game will never get an anime pisses me off to no end. Such an amazing series even if it is convoluted to hell and back.

Big One

Banned
You have a source on that? Searched and couldn't find anything beyond forum posts.
Yeah that's all I found too, but I assumed that since it was posted on the forums we're getting scans from, it's legit. Usually 2ch does leak stuff like this but I guess there's always the chance it's fake.

gunbo13

Red-haired Snow White (ch31+omake)

-Obi wants to peel that red apple. Boy's got taste.

40JL6.jpg

I knew some shit was going on. Mitsuhide x Kiki

Got a new girl that has a past with Obi. Now we get to learn more about the ninja. Plus, Shirayuki and Kiki were bathing. Good...good.

Ch in 3 (inn, bath, past)

Lain

I wouldn't expect Magi to be too long of a series personally. Shinobu Ohtaka strikes me as a person that knows when to put the word end to her series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom