• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verelios

Yamada-kun to 7-nin:

Good chapter, but everybody looks like everybody. I know she has a unique art style, but this is mashima level proportions. It's like yankee-kun was just copy pasted and put into this manga. I mean, come on; that looked exactly like Shinagawa.

That said, good chapter.

Articalys

There were two, actually. But still great. :D

Also—Fumi's amazing.
I must be really tired -- somehow I just glanced from the panel with him catching it to the one afterwards and filled in details in my mind. Dunno how that happened. Would've been more badass the way I had imagined it though.

Also, apparently there will be three chapters of KNIM next week. The rage level had better be through the roof, or I think I'll feel cheated.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
2nd chapter of Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo is out.
More kissing and body switching

yeah, where is vareon? i need someone to display my anger at. especially since this seems to be a major mechanic of the series. i should have gone with my gut and passed.

Stepping on an ant so as not to crush it requires an immense amount of control.

it does. which is why he doesnt seem to do much

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yamada and the Seven Witches 2

I liked this chapter more than the first, now that some basic rules have been laid down.

Billy Bat

Holy damn, this stuff just got insaaaaaaane. Prof. Einstein saying our Earth is the only one in all parallel realities that hasn't destroyed itself yet!!!

Wiseblade

TLR Darkness 8

Momo has a 3DS? She's good people.

Darkness 8

So.

It has come to this.

so_it_has_come_to_this.png

"Come to what?" "You. Me. This moment."

Kyuur

Shaman King 300 (End)

Finally got around to finishing this, and glad I did. Enjoyed pretty much all of the characters (especially Anna) and some of the unconventional stuff towards the end. Can't imagine having read it back when the ending was "After the Dream". Would have killed me!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

So my sister and I finally got to the end of Enies Lobby. We were laughing our asses off at the ridiculousness of Merry coming back to rescue them at the end there. Just...bullshit.

And the way the anime did it, seemed like it came straight out of fairy tail.

Kyuur

So my sister and I finally got to the end of Enies Lobby. We were laughing our asses off at the ridiculousness of Merry coming back to rescue them at the end there. Just...bullshit.

In a world where you can cut through steel with swords through sheer determination, eat a fruit to give you magical powers and coat boats with a substance that somehow protects them from intense underwater pressure and provides oxygen for the crew you find a boat having a spirit and being able to find it's crew ridiculous? It was even foreshadowed. : |

That was extremely ridiculous. Well, it´s not like the first time SH were saved by an ass pull.

Steroyd

Werent they at near defeat when they were shot off to the various places in Saobody? As well as that time when Zoro took extreme damage when they were at that ghost place?

Both instances were instigated by Kuma, who had a reason behind letting them live a, reason that no longer exists if they meet for a third time now.

Glass Rebel

I didn't mind Merry saving them at all. It was hinted at several times that the Merry had some kind of "conscious" and we didn't see it being destroyed on-screen. Of course, it's your typical fairy tale trope but I thought it fit in the One Piece world and wasn't as ridiculous an asspull as you guys are trying to make it look like.

Steroyd

I didn't mind Merry saving them at all. It was hinted at several times that the Merry had some kind of "conscious" and we didn't see it being destroyed on-screen. Of course, it's your typical fairy tale trope but I thought it fit in the One Piece world and wasn't as ridiculous an asspull as you guys are trying to make it look like.

Considering the rediculousness it took to kill someone, (Pell's "death", that angel girl's father getting Enel's judgement 1 mirrion voltage of people who still lives afterward etc etc) at least Merry's consciousness' was foreshadowed for a long time before Enies Lobby.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Whether or not it was an asspull...hinted at...or whatever. When the actual event happened, I laughed and found it in horrible taste despite the "cartoony" nature of the OP world I already came to expect.

Just, terrible.

Glass Rebel

*shrug* you like Bleach, so.

/trollface

Edit: Just to be clear, there has been some offensively bad stuff in One Piece, most of it in Skypiae. Personally, I think that the setup for the timeskip (Kuma scattering the Straw Hats) was much much worse than the Merry saving them.

Desmond

Whether or not it was an asspull...hinted at...or whatever. When the actual event happened, I laughed and found it in horrible taste despite the "cartoony" nature of the OP world I already came to expect.

Just, terrible.

Here they come. You've done it now Stat
KuGsj.gif

also

High res. Bleach 54

l5Iuq.jpg

Just, terrible.

How is that terrible? I mean it was one of the most memorable and compelling moments in One Piece, cementing Going Merry in our hearts even more.

Big One

Banned

Just, terrible.
I'm not surprised someone who like Sasuke has bad taste. Sorry Stat Flow, but if you don't see how that's one of the most emotional moments of the series then I feel sorry for you and the human race. The Going Merry saving them is irrelevant to the entire story arc it's in, largely. Something doesn't need to be realistic to be emotional and I personally cried like a bitch once the Merry actually died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom