• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is at least two training arcs per major arc, sans Fullbringer. All of them sucked. I don't need to know why Ichigo can shoot lasers out of his swords, nor do I need to know the name of it other than "bankai." I don't even remember all of the random little details about the powers in Naruto and Bleach, cause none of it is investing or interesting whatsoever.

No they don´t. These training arcs give the reader a clear of what the protagonist has to go through to achieve the goal. It is also usually used to show character growth. Like training with the vizards or the fullbring training has made Ichigo grow in both strength and mind/personality.

Desmond

No they don´t. These training arcs give the reader a clear of what the protagonist has to go through to achieve the goal. It is also usually used to show character growth. Like training with the vizards or the fullbring training has made Ichigo grow in both strength and mind/personality.

Training is a staple of Battle Shonen, I don't see why they kicked up a fuss.

gunbo13

Minamoto-kun's Story (ch23)

-Your just going after her clothes dude. *finishes chapter* Never-mind...

Cousin rape replaces aunt groping. I'm not sure how to feel about this strong change of direction.

ch in 3 (cousin, assault,
wet
)

The fact that the mangaf reader-base for this manga keeps increasing is hilarious.

1stStrike

Banned
So, I haven't read the Naruto or Fairy Tail manga's in about 3 months. Has anything happened during that time that's worth hopping on board? Naruto was just a compilation of a bunch of random, confusing battlefields with random enemies from the past for nostalgia purposes, and well, Fairy Tail doesn't need any explanation.

survivor

Banned
So, I haven't read the Naruto or Fairy Tail manga's in about 3 months. Has anything happened during that time that's worth hopping on board? Naruto was just a compilation of a bunch of random, confusing battlefields with random enemies from the past for nostalgia purposes, and well, Fairy Tail doesn't need any explanation.

If you care about seeing Sasuke then read Naruto

And Fairy Tail is doing a tournament arc with our lovable Gerard.

Detective Conan:
Man, things really aren't letting up lately. Immediately after the end of the previous case, we get Okiya showing up again and interacting with Haibara, which has all sorts of potential. The arc is definitely heading towards a conclusion at this rate. It's awesome to see consecutive cases with Takagi, too.

survivor

Banned
Sakamichi no Apollon 1-2

Decided to check out the first two chapters and see what the fuzz is about. I can see a lot of potential for this manga to be one of the best slice of life manga around. The intro chapters also felt very fresh to compared to your stand SoL manga.

Now will this be the saviour of anime in the spring season? I have my doubts. Watanabe gotta pull some miracles to save anime. I just don't see the Cowboy Bebop crowd tuning in to this with all the yaoi bros action going on in the first two chapters

Enigma vol 4

This has become Mirai Nikki + Corpse Party + Persona 4. Quite the combination there. Definitely loving it so far. Hope the ending isn't bullshit.

1stStrike

Banned
But its really good, Mashima created an interesting scenario for Gray's round in the tournament and all of our favorites are involved. Suggest checking it out.

Ah, Gray is one of my favorites. I guess I'll give it a whirl soon-ish.

He's currently trying to emo his undead brother to death.

That is about what I expected from those two "talking". I kind of wish his brother had just, you know, stayed dead.

upandaway

Sumomomo Momomo
Though it might not get your mind off of magi.
Hm the Yen Press site says they're not done translating yet (it also says they'll finish a volume in February, so uh)
How's their digital town place thing? Do they block countries?

Enigma vol 4

This has become Mirai Nikki + Corpse Party + Persona 4. Quite the combination there. Definitely loving it so far. Hope the ending isn't bullshit.
How naive of you. It becomes bullshit before the ending.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hm the Yen Press site says they're not done translating yet (it also says they'll finish a volume in February, so uh)

How naive of you. It becomes bullshit before the ending.
Has the ending been released yet?

El Sloth

Banned
Reading Fist of the North Star and then Kimi ni Todoke only to switch again to Fist of the North Star makes everything funnier.

Lain

No idea about digital, and yeah, they're one volume away from the end, though they should have it out "soon" (Amazon has it pegged for May).

Kyuur

Beelzebub 1-22

gA8OY.png

I love this manga. Too awesome, hope it stays this way. xD

Dresden

nisekoi 16

Of course it's a reverse trap. Called that shit like last chapter because it was so obvious everyone did but I'm gon claim this shit as mine anyways. Now she's going to fall in love with him because that's how it works yo.

Pretty soon we'll get:

- a rich love rival

- a law-loving girl

Derp. This shit is so dumb.

I am totally enjoying this.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Cage of Eden

This "I'm withholding extremely important information and I will voluntarily withhold that information for no good reason although if I'm not an idiot I should have known that this information can and will save lives, solve everyone's problem, and preventing important characters to do unnecessary things" shitty trope needs to be expunged and eradicated from all eternity.

New Magi?!

I hate you.

But I have reached the end already and I want more too >___<

It's been a while since I last read so many manga chapters like that in a marathon.

Wiseblade

TLR Darkness 9

See, this is exactly the kind of foolishness I've been missing. Also the idea of Ren running around in girl's clothing screaming "free at last!" is hilarious.

upandaway

TLR Darkness 9
Dang, well okay fine, I'll read 9 today (it's my fault for not checking what I was reading). But you gotta read the v2 extra now. These extras are practically chapter-length.

TLR D v2 extra

Whoooooaaaa nice recovery by Mikan. 8 points.

It's funny because Momo saying Mikan's not ready for it yet = meta for the author saying the readers are not ready for it yet, hahaha :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom