• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: F

Wait a minute...what are you guys talking about? WHAT exactly did this chapter tell us that we didn't already know? Everything was dumb. ESPECIALLY the Shishui part. "Danzou just stole my eye...so...yeah." That doesn't even sound believable.

So, besides two VERY nicely drawn and very well done panels in the chapter, it was pretty bad. Retreading and inconsistent art.
Naruto:

Blah. I do have to give it to Kishimoto for actually tying up the loose ends about the Uchiha massacre pretty well. This chapter did a good job explaining the whole thing. Anyway, it seems like Madara is indeed going to fade away, unless he pulls off some bullshit next chapter.
I don't really understand, tying up loose ends? Explaining what whole thing that wasn't already explained? What exactly are you referencing?

There's still so much we don't even know about it all either. Not to mention the fact that Kishimoto tried to do this all way too quickly.

Bleach: B-

As for actual plot development, there wasn't much at all. But this chapter was cool because the captains are getting straight up owned, and Shunsui vs that one dude is going to be so good. I can't believe ol' boy lost his eye. I hope he doesn't die, but if he does, he'll go out like a badass.

Ice Boy lol. Renji lol. Byakuya was kind of shook, we haven't seen that since Ichigo went Bankai on his bitch ass. No one cares about Yogi Bear. Soifon LOL. I need more Unohana in my life. I would've loved to have seen her vs Bambietta...

Also, Buckbeard is a fucking boss. You guys were all hating before about how he kills his subordinates without reason and how that's "so stupid omg such a dumb character"...when in this chapter it's shown that those were obvious peons that didn't matter, and when it comes to his REAL homies; he considers their decisions and allows them to do as they want. Blonde haired dude is a fucking boss.

At at the end of the day, Buckbeard was smart to hold Ichigo up. They are calling for him but it's too late.

Sorry Soul Society. But you're fucked.

Naruto: F

Wait a minute...what are you guys talking about? WHAT exactly did this chapter tell us that we didn't already know? Everything was dumb. ESPECIALLY the Shishui part. "Danzou just stole my eye...so...yeah." That doesn't even sound believable.

So, besides two VERY nicely drawn and very well done panels in the chapter, it was pretty bad. Retreading and inconsistent art.
I don't really understand, tying up loose ends? Explaining what whole thing that wasn't already explained? What exactly are you referencing?

There's still so much we don't even know about it all either. Not to mention the fact that Kishimoto tried to do this all way too quickly.

Bleach: B-

As for actual plot development, there wasn't much at all. But this chapter was cool because the captains are getting straight up owned, and Shunsui vs that one dude is going to be so good. I can't believe ol' boy lost his eye. I hope he doesn't die, but if he does, he'll go out like a badass.

Ice Boy lol. Renji lol. Byakuya was kind of shook, we haven't seen that since Ichigo went Bankai on his bitch ass. No one cares about Yogi Bear. Soifon LOL. I need more Unohana in my life. I would've loved to have seen her vs Bambietta...

Also, Buckbeard is a fucking boss. You guys were all hating before about how he kills his subordinates without reason and how that's "so stupid omg such a dumb character"...when in this chapter it's shown that those were obvious peons that didn't matter, and when it comes to his REAL homies; he considers their decisions and allows them to do as they want. Blonde haired dude is a fucking boss.

At at the end of the day, Buckbeard was smart to hold Ichigo up. They are calling for him but it's too late.

Sorry Soul Society. But you're fucked.

With how useful ichigo was in the previous (well every arc), I wonder if they have some kind of bat signal/warp thing setup so they can just summon him at anytime.

And people saying kenichi will kick ass, Don't shinigami attacks not work against these quincy?

well... byakuyas thing did something.... did they ever explain how?

And people saying kenichi will kick ass, Don't shinigami attacks not work against these quincy?

Well Kenpachi should kick ass because unlike the other captains he don't care about bankai .
He uses raw power and strength to beat his enemies compare to the other captains who depend on bankai \ there swords abilities .

Kenpachi don't do "shinigami attacks" since he doesn't even know the name of his fucking sword (aka no Shikai or Bankai).

He just goes in the old fashion way of cutting shit up (which might help him out here).

upandaway

Medaka Box

Holy shit a seppuku. Everything in the chapter was great.

I guess this confirms that all the "styles" will be about things specific to Japanese.. though maybe there will be one about silly romanization errors or something.

Shouta

I dug the Naruto chapter. It's a retread technically but it's nice to see it from Itachi's perspective. It could've been a better moment if the build-up was smarter though.

Westlo

MedakaKumagawa Box 151

Best character in JUMP hands down..... dem Bra Jeans... those Naked Aprons.. we over that... go get that Jump Cover Kumagawa, you're the only character in the manga the deserves to be on it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Gou-dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora 11

I worry that the MC will eventually leave this house and we'll end up with less mom.

I had to start reading this after I looked up the name.

ulb5a.jpg

This manga man.

Westlo

Holy fuck @ Mago getting canceled, Jump don't give a fuck if you're selling good if you have low rankings lol... this gens Shaman King. Hopefully Kumagawa saves Medaka Box from the bottom 5, downplaying his role had to be done.. but it hurt the rankings... Medaka or Zen can't carry that manga.

Truth101

Banned
Holy fuck @ Mago getting canceled, Jump don't give a fuck if you're selling good if you have low rankings lol... this gens Shaman King. Hopefully Kumagawa saves Medaka Box from the bottom 5, downplaying his role had to be done.. but it hurt the rankings... Medaka or Zen can't carry that manga.
I thought something was up...

Damn it!

Kusagari

I've been putting off reading Mago, but guess I'll finally get around to it.

It's pretty shocking it got canceled, considering the volume sales were in the higher tier for a non OP/HxH/Bleach/Naruto jump manga. It sells in line with Beelzebub.

Westlo

It's pretty shocking it got canceled, considering the volume sales were in the higher tier for a non OP/HxH/Bleach/Naruto jump manga. It sells in line with Beelzebub.

Unless Beezlebub really jumped up Mago sells better, you might've seen Beezlebub around the same level in a Manga Sales for 2011 list but that's because the anime pushed the early volume sales of Beezlebub. That's an unfair comparsion because while Mago gets 4 volumes of say 300k, Beezelbub gets 4x200k but another 70-80k for another 10 volumes for example.

Actually looking at the sales for this year, it isn't that far off.

Top 50 Highest Selling Manga Volumes on Upper 2012
51  355 841 12/03 Chihayafuru 16
53  342 349 11/12 Nurarihyon no Mago 19
60  321 381 12/02 Nurarihyon no Mago 20
62  305 915 11/12 Kuroko no Basket 15
63  301 283 12/04 Nurarihyon no Mago 21
66  287 829 12/03 Kuroko no Basket 16
67  287 455 12/03 Skip Beat! 30
68  279 317 12/04 Kuroko no Basket 17
69  278 045 12/02 SKET DANCE 22
70  277 529 11/12 Beelzebub 14
71  271 698 12/03 SKET DANCE 23
86  237 335 12/04 SKET DANCE 24
100  211 154 11/12 Hayate no Gotoku! 31

Man Medaka Box 15 couldn't even beat 211k.... it's falling way behind the group it used to sell on par with in Sket Dance, Kuroko and Beelzebub.

I guess Jumps problem with Mago was that it didn't sell what Toriko did... (and they probably expected more from Toriko as well)... but Bleach needs to step it's game up.

Westlo

medaka 15 came out before the anime. 16 should be coming out soon though.

It came out just before the anime aired, I saw Sket Dance have a big boost strictly due to anime hype, which equals a shitload of color pages and Jump pushing it. It had 2 months to help increase the sales which were around 170-180kish anyway... the anime did fuck all for it.

Kuroko was in the same situation, it got the anime bump, Medaka didn't since 14 and 15 couldn't top 211k.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I don't think it's canceled, it's more like the author is moving to a different collection.

Westlo

I don't think it's canceled, it's more like the author is moving to a different collection.

It's getting a 60 page "epilogue" in JUMP NEXT this August... looks canceled to me... just that because it sold so well for them it's getting this... heck Enigma got an epilogue of sorts too lol.. not 60 pages though of course. if it was just moving to Jump Square you wouldn't need to do that 60 page chapter.

Kusagari

Beelzebub has one of the best casts around. I'm really glad that Himekawa and Kanzaki still get to do things, even though they suck in a fight.

scy

Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga volume 2 - Woefully behind on this but whatever~ I still like the premise (Ore x Yome pseudo-sequel?!) and just find it kind of humorous. Second pairing wasn't as "hijinks ensue" as the first though :| Third pairing doesn't seem that out there either (lol gamers) but we'll see.

...well, we'll see if anyone ever picks this up again.

Medaka Box 151 - ...dat seppuku. Also, dat fanservice spread. Thanks Kumagawa!

Toriko 192 - Please god let this be the start of something epic. I can hope, right? Right?!

Nisekoi 30 - I remember when Harisugawa used this exact same picture misunderstanding. Thankfully, this one gets the right girl in the picture.

Nisekoi 31 - Harem key plan is in full swing. I hope he collects a few more keybearers before the end of this.

flawfuls

I Am a Hero Volume 9

So basically nothing happens this entire volume. The mangaka seriously needs to stop wasting time with all that public reaction shit.

Kenpachi makes no sense at all.

Dude's story is pretty out there, especially if you add that novel with its trolling lol

An actually angry Kenpachi?

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

plus serious (aka no playful holding back bullshit) Kenpachi as well? yea i would check it.

And i didn't realize the manga that's supposedly being cancelled is Nurarihyon no Mago

that's pretty fucking crazy tbh :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom