• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

Manga Sales June 13th - 19th

*1. 342,574 *,342,574 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.7
*2. 219,503 *,219,503 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.21
*3. 125,320 *,126,042 P to JK Vol.7
*4. 113,292 1,052,701 Hunter x Hunter Vol.33

togashi beastin'

time to count those checks and take a nice hiatus (srsly, tho; rather he take a short hiatus than burn out again; he ain't young that he can do a weekly shonen workload)

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch130

They've grown, yet are stil the same old bunch~

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch4

l7WtYNn.jpg

Yuri solves everything~

Revo

Golden Kamuy 1-52

I absolutely love how the world building, the hunting, the cooking, and the adventure all mix together so well. It makes the world feel so alive.

Great series.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro 4
I'm getting lewd vibes from this.
The interaction between Chio and Manana was hilarious. Truly BFF

upandaway

One Piece

Losing a limb for quitting the crew sounds super pirate-y, I love it. Hopefully he slips away without that though, maybe his crew will help.

And about the tiger dude grabbing the road glyph by himself... nothing could possibly go wrong.

Hunter x Hunter

Seems like Kurapika's queen will get the most crap thrown at her from all the princes on the ship, if they already started killing her guards. We're probably going into the succession war arc until they hit the island then switch off to the new world arc. Godspeed kurapika

Dying to see all the princes' nen powers

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
My Hero Academia ch. 96

Momma Bakugo has me dying over here. More of that family interacting together, please.

Kyuur

Blech

One Piece

I really hope that somebody they see on the horizon isn't Jinbei's lifeless corpse. :(

Hunter X Hunter

Feels weird to see one of the main characters using a gun. I guess Kurapika has spent quite a bit of time in the shady parts of the world by now though. If these guys are hunters though, how effective would a gun be? Have we seen how regular bullets far against Nen defense?

Hero Academia

I wonder if All Might is going to make the decision to tell Deku's mom about One For All.

Boku no Hero 96

Man, the color illustration on the front was really impactful. Seeing them both sitting there, All Might in his Toshinori form and how...sullen they look. Man.

I'm a little disappointed Best Jeanist isn't dead simply because I'm not a big fan of shonen series pulling away from death so often. It's tempered by the fact that so many people did die in the All Might/All 4 One fight, but sometimes it's okay to kill someone off for impact. Not a big deal but eh.

What was really heartbreaking was seeing Ragdoll's peppy hero appearance with her team-mates and the announcement her powers are borked so she's stopping hero work then cutting to her just in tears being held by everyone with the kid looking on. That was some rough stuff.

Blood listening to the principal with his hand on his chest and eyes closed was a nice small touch.

Kyouka's family was pretty fun. Her shirt with "Deep Dope" and an arrow pointing to her crotch, however... >______>

Eraserhead's personality coming out during these times is really interesting because he is a much deeper and caring individual than he lets on. I think moreso than anything he is ashamed or embarrassed of continuously letting down his students.

Oh my god, Bakumom is the fucking best. Oh god we need more Bakumom.

And Bakugou is evolving into a MUCH better character. He is way sharp and him calling out All Might, especially in a non-aggressive way considering who he is talking to showed a lot of nuance to his character. Even taking his lie, realizing it's a lie and accepting that, and then thanking him showed so much about how Bakugou viewed All Might and how he views Heroes. That was some phenomenal character work. Just the heaviness of Bakugou's...almost dejected face.

It's a small thing but I ADORE the small smiling face in the bottom left corner when All Might sees all Deku's hero shit when being let into his house.

Deku's mom refusing and why was really powerful. Just really REALLY strong stuff. And it makes total sense why she would be so scared.

Another phenomenal chapter.

I'll say it and make the commitment: Boku no Hero is top tier fucking shonen. Absolutely great stuff consistently.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch830

That was surprisingly fast. I wonder in which state they will find Jinbei.

My Hero Academia ch96

Huh, so he survived.

Bakugou's got the best mom.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

This is what we call a "Heel-Face Turn."

Also, seems like Erina's turned into Polar Star Weirdo. If you don't listen to Erina-sensei, you get remedial lessons with Hishoko-sensei.

6CX1JWN.png

In some sense I sort of understand why Azami has to be there - it might stretch logic a bit to keep suggesting they'd get expelled when its readily apparent the dorm guys are all way too good to get expelled with a friendly administration.

One Piece:
Eh, I really don't care much about Jinibei at all. Maybe that will change, but he just seems like a fairly boring character to me to this point.

Hunter x Hunter:
Continuing the weekly dose of introducing dozens of new characters to the story. This is going to be a long and complex boat ride. I'm guessing we'll mostly just be focusing on the succession war for the time being, with the occasional interlude with Leorio or other characters.

upandaway

My Hero Academia

I could probably write mountains about this but I'll just say that man this manga's so freaking good, what an amazing chapter

dr labson

Neo Member
Hero Academia Chapter 96

Nice to see all the parents. I hope we see all the parents of all the students.
Is no one gonna question the fact that Izuku's dad is not here?
Seriously, where is he? I'm baffled he's not here for the parent-teacher meeting.

Haikyuu!! 211

Painful at times for Hinata but at least he hangs in there and is searching for what he can gain. Im glad the others arent really treating him differently, even that scene with Goshiki Tsutomu who keeps having minor moments of screentime. Love him.

ClpuvWVWMAAf9gk.jpg:large

Zweizer

Banned
I Am a Hero ch228

Yeah, that has always been a possibility. Still shocking to hear it straight from the horse's mouth though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
ansatsu021-thumb-400x635-3525.jpg

Assassination Classroom final volume, dem feels...

Fitting final cover. The final was damn good.

Boku no hero academia 96

Brighter than Brian the sun, lol.
Bakugo reaction to All Might answer gave us new light about how Bakugo really feel about the whole thing. Seeing him say thanks was cool. I guess that kid has it in him all along.
Izuku mom worry was understandable. She saw her kid body destroyed so many times, involved in various incident, and this times there's a chance he might be disabled due to it. That was a fine chapter.

Shokugeki no souma 172

Hokkaido, land abundant of nature and lot of food ingredient. Fitting stage for their exam. This is starting to get interesting, and Erina no longer in her Tsun2 mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom