• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

Week 1: Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (I can not study our lives, so comedy?) by Tsutsui Taishi (Did Esprit and Fukashigi Philia)
Week 2: U19 (I'm going to guess soccer or another sport) by Kimura Yuuji (Did Garden and Peach Pluck oneshots for WSJ both are eh)
Week 3: Poro no Ryuugaku-ki (Porori's Crowd, ????) by Gondaira Hitsuji (No real info)
Week 4: Harapeko no Marry (Google's translation is weird for this one) by Tamura Ryuuhei (Beelzebub's Mangaka)
Week 5: Dr. Stone (Action?) by Inagaki Riichirou and Boichi (Eyeshield 21 writer and Sun-Ken Rock's mangaka)
Week 6: Robot×Laserbeam (Action/comedy?) by Fujimaki Tadatoshi (Kuroko's Basketball's Mangka)
I guess this is what Jump has been brewing in hopes of getting something to live.

I'm extremly happy that Ryuuhei is back in Jump, but bolded had my jaw fall to the floor. Boichi in Jump? Teaming up with the writer of one of my most liked series?

This is one hell of a newsbomb. One i would have never imagined to be real.

Ascheroth

Damn, lets see whose getting new series...
Week 1: Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (I can not study our lives, so comedy?) by Tsutsui Taishi (Did Esprit and Fukashigi Philia)
Week 2: U19 (I'm going to guess soccer or another sport) by Kimura Yuuji (Did Garden and Peach Pluck oneshots for WSJ both are eh)
Week 3: Poro no Ryuugaku-ki (Porori's Crowd, ????) by Gondaira Hitsuji (No real info)
Week 4: Harapeko no Marry (Google's translation is weird for this one) by Tamura Ryuuhei (Beelzebub's Mangaka)
Week 5: Dr. Stone (Action?) by Inagaki Riichirou and Boichi (Eyeshield 21 writer and Sun-Ken Rock's mangaka)
Week 6: Robot×Laserbeam (Action/comedy?) by Fujimaki Tadatoshi (Kuroko's Basketball's Mangka)
I guess this is what Jump has been brewing in hopes of getting something to live.

Oh boy, this is going to be interesting. I really enjoyed Esprit and Fukashigi Philia, so here's hoping that his new one is good. Also looking forward to Tamura and ES21 and Kuroko guys new works.
Wonder what's going to end besides the current bottom 4, or do they have some extra space they can fill (the World Trigger and HxH hiatus spots for example)

Also great seeing Kimetsu no Yaiba doing great.

Kurita

ballroom e youkoso is getting an anime when its on hiatus???????????

whjat???

It came back from hiatus 3 weeks ago tho

Started watching the drama Tokyo Tarareba Musume, which is the adaptation of the manga of the same name by Princess Jellyfish's author. It's about 3 women in their 30s and their shit love life.
First episode was pretty cool. Plus the theme song is by Perfume so yay
Will check out the manga when it's over, just like I did with Juuhan Shuttai.

No sweet sweet import videogames and consoles? If i ever have the precious chance to go in Japan i categorically have to bring an empty suitcase and a couple of thousand of Eurobucks just for that.

To be honest, I already have most of the older games/consoles I want. There's very little that didn't come out here that I really want to play from an older gen that I either don't have or is too text heavy to be worth a playthrough. I'm a dirty gaijin that if it's in Japanese I generally don't want to play it.

I have 38 volumes of Pokemon Special acting just as a collection items. But I'm fine with and honestly if the shipping cost isn't so prohibitive I would buy some manga that I really want on my shelf, just to support the author. I can read it somewhere else and as you might have know, on digital platform :p

I dunno. I think if I'm gonna buy stuff to support the author I'll buy merch since that seems to have a good correlation to what indicates a series is popular (sorta) and it's a little more useful to me even just as a "looks pretty" thing.

Yoooooooo, those two look like they could be legit. I loved Beezelbub an incredible amount (before the awful last arc) and Boichi drawing and not writing might mean the series doesn't go to fucktown like SKR did.

Makes sense. Though I'm not rational like that. I've bought at least 6 volumes and 3 weekly magazines each time I've gone. Sometimes more.

So, how much?

TOO MUCH

RalchAC

Yoooooooo, those two look like they could be legit. I loved Beezelbub an incredible amount (before the awful last arc) and Boichi drawing and not writing might mean the series doesn't go to fucktown like SKR did.

Beelzebub was amazing to me until the arc where they went to some Beach Resort. I think I dropped it midway through that arc. But it was really, really cool and fun while it lasted.

I'd love to see the author that did Nurarihyon no Mago coming back to the Jump with a new series. NuraMago is one of my favorite shonen mangas from the last decade. Amazing art that got progressively better as the series advanced and the story was quite good. I was really sad when it was cancelled, but at least the Shonen Jump gave it three 60 page long chapters so he could wrap up the story (which was on its final arc) eventhough the final fight suffered from the lack of time and pages.

Damn Jump going HAM with this serialization round. I'll check em all out for sure but I'm definitely most interested in Tamura, and Fujimaki's new series as I loved Beelzebub and Kuroko. Inagaki and Boichi's new series should be interesting too. Haven't read all of Eyeshield 21 but what have read it great, and Boichi's art is really cool and very un-jump like so I expect them to be an interesting combination.

Either way, the next few months should be fun to watch (or read I guess). I do wonder if Fujimaki's new series will be as big of a hit with Fujoshi as Kuroko was.

How Many Light-Years to Babylon? 1-2

QtJ91m3.png

More new Dowman Sayman, this time featuring an MC's intergalactic quest to fuck the hottest girls in the universe. And also find out about his past or something. The premise isn't exactly what I'd want to see from this author, and the uncute monster girls aren't selling it either. Still, I'll stick with it for a while to see how/if it develops.

Damn, lets see whose getting new series...

Also
Weekly Shonen Jump #9

Gintama (Cover, Lead CP)
1. One Piece
2. Kimetsu no Yaiba
3. My Hero Academia
Boruto (CP)
4. The Promised Neverland
Asagaya Geijutsu Kokou Eizou-ka e Youkoso (CP, One Shot)
5. Black Clover
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
6. Samon the Summoner
7. Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
8. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
9. Hinomaru Zumou
10. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
11. Spring Weapon No. 1
12. Amalgam of Distortion
13. Ole Golazo (1st Ranking)
14. Demon's Plan (2nd Ranking)
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

I have no clue what's going to get axed if 2-3 of those newcomers are able to stay in the middle or upper half, though I'm extremely doubtful its going to Yuuna since its Volumes are selling strong already.

New soccer manga when.

BLack Clover still at least in the top 5.

Descriptions of the 6 new jump series

Bokutachi wa Benkyo ga Dekinai - Romantic comedy. Yuiga will soon enter college. 2 beautiful young girls will appear before him.

Hara Peko no Mary - Comedy-action. Taiga is a young boy. Next to him saw a girl with a secret.

Robot x Laserbeam - A manga on the golf course. A young boy, whose nickname is "Robot" will change after meeting golf.

Dr. Stone - Adventure-action-Sf. The story begins with the biggest crisis the earth has ever known.

Gondaira's is about a devil named Poro who comes to the human world.

Kimura's is about juvenile activities in a world where all boys are under the control of adults.

Robot x Laserbeam - A manga on the golf course. A young boy, whose nickname is "Robot" will change after meeting golf.

Dr. Stone - Adventure-action-Sf. The story begins with the biggest crisis the earth has ever known.

Kimura's is about juvenile activities in a world where all boys are under the control of adults.

Only three that Id hope find success, unless the others have better designs.

Promised Neverland

Not how I pictured Sister Krone being off'd I thought itd have been better if it was NormanRay to do it. Oh well.

Isabella is too perfect.

Food Wars

Taku is in this, lets go. I hope we get SoTaku + Erina I guess. Best team.

Bokutachi wa Benkyo ga Dekinai - Romantic comedy. Yuiga will soon enter college. 2 beautiful young girls will appear before him.

Hara Peko no Mary - Comedy-action. Taiga is a young boy. Next to him saw a girl with a secret.

Gondaira's is about a devil named Poro who comes to the human world.

Fujimaki did say he wanted to do a golf manga I believe, guess he's going through with it. I really liked the one shor he did that was more action, so I kind of hoped he might do something with that, but oh well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches

lmao Odagiri and all the other haremettes were doomed from the beginning.

Listening to the shonen jump podcast and it kinda blew my mind how much they misunderstood the ending of monday's shokugeki no soma chapter and spent so long speculating what the 3 on 3 meant and forgetting that Hayama got expelled.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki spoilers

Apparently the Regiment de Cuisine is an actual team battle - you can basically help the other members of your team in their fights. I assume this is how they will justify Team Soma winning since Erina can just help all the other crappy members.

And DTL is gonna be sad with the team pairings. It's exactly as predicted - Soma, Erina, Joichiro vs. Doujima/Takumi/Tadokoro

Fbh

Ubel Blatt 1-109

Man this manga is frustrating. It could be SO good if it wasn't so set on making it seem like it was written by a pervy 12 years old.
It has a lot of good elements: the art is solid, the action and fights are entertaining and the concept of this warrior seeking revenge from the guys who betrayed him is good

But then just as you are starting to enjoy it is screws it up with its sexual content. Every single female character in this is super sexualized. There is this little girl and the "joke" is that she allways ends up in kinky clothes, there is this other girl who is allways half naked, then there is this older woman who looks like a type of dominatrix and then just as a more normal and badass female character is introduced, we find out that she really likes taking baths so after a while she is naked like half of the time.
Then we have the main character who apart from being skilled with a sword is also a sex god. Early on he basically overpowers an enemy by overwhelming her with his sex skills and then he has the dominatrix woman crazy for him becuase of his ultimate sex skills.
Oh and just recently a character got re-introduced and we know he is a badass because of how much sex he has and how he is shown in a room with several women he KO'd with his intense sex.
Holy shit, it's not even a power fantasy anymore. It's like a 12 years old sex-power fantasy.

Also Glenn.
All the other 7 heroes are generic evil/corrupt guys. But Glenn was amazing, easily the best character and concept of the manga.
He did a horrible thing in his youth, but it's now been 20 years and he is older, wiser and overall shown as a good guy trying to make the kingdom a better place for everyone. He is trying to atone for his sins by becomming the type of hero that the people think the 7 heroes are.
So it present this interesting dilemma because he did a very bad thing many years ago but he has very clearly changed and is working for the common good now. You can even draw comparisons to the real world. You can have someone who spent 10 years in jail for a crime but is now a changed man and working for a good cause. Does he still deserve a terrible fate for what he did many years ago?

And then the author goes and ruins him by reviving him. He went from this complex and interesting character to some generic evil guy who, as mentioned above, is mostly shown having lots of sex so we know how badass he is now

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW?) How Many Light-Years to Babylon? ch1-2 by Dowman Sayman

A trio of an apparently amnesiac earthling guy, an alien, and a robot are on an intergalactic spacetrip.

On the road, they encounter various different planets with various different girls.

Then stuff happens.

A longer serialized story by Dowman Sayman, which is always welcome. Let's see how deep this galactic rabbit hole goes.

Someone's got their priorities at least.

Toki doki One Shot

That was too sad, especially the surprise reveal, mycreys.

BLack Clover

Yes we may finally get to see Dorksta take on a big boss on his own I hope. The final blow better be really explosive again.

YGO ARC-V

Sora?!?!?!?! What is this backstory?!

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch485

She'll soon beg for the ghost stories.

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch42

Dude is totally going to die, isn't he?

Prison School ch240

PBR-sama went out with a bang.

The Ancient Magus' Bride ch35

As expected, no auction in fiction ever goes smoothly.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Beelzebub was amazing to me until the arc where they went to some Beach Resort. I think I dropped it midway through that arc. But it was really, really cool and fun while it lasted.

I'd love to see the author that did Nurarihyon no Mago coming back to the Jump with a new series. NuraMago is one of my favorite shonen mangas from the last decade. Amazing art that got progressively better as the series advanced and the story was quite good. I was really sad when it was cancelled, but at least the Shonen Jump gave it three 60 page long chapters so he could wrap up the story (which was on its final arc) eventhough the final fight suffered from the lack of time and pages.

You have to had at least read the General Furuichi's arc, (can't remember if it's before or after though probably after). The last great arc of the manga.

RalchAC

You have to had at least read the General Furuichi's arc, (can't remember if it's before or after though probably after). The last great arc of the manga.

Furuichi probably was the best thing in the manga, and I'm not sure if I've read it. In any case, I may go back to reading the series, maybe see how it ends now that it's done.

redlemon

Is there any disadvantage to merging your amazon account with comixology? I have a decent amount of manga bought through kindle and the comixology app seems better since you can sort by series and a bit cheaper since I could play in euros.

Angry Grimace

One of those is super stacked against the other

Apparently not - its a team effort and Doujima and Takumi get along very well, whereas Erina is in full despair mode over her dad and Soma and Jouichirou just fight the entire time.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Is there any disadvantage to merging your amazon account with comixology? I have a decent amount of manga bought through kindle and the comixology app seems better since you can sort by series and a bit cheaper since I could play in euros.

IIRC you can't pay through Paypal after merging accounts. Other than that, no, there aren't any other disadvantages really. I only had a small handful of things when I merged but everything carried over just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom