• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Tomo-chan ch.619
Well, senpai can't possibly screw this up more than Misuzu has. Better pick his words well.

Saotome-Senshu ch.13
New character introduced, 3rd year student in the boxing club.

Plus side: dude chewed out the principal something good for trying to leech off Saotome's success.
Downside: Saotome and Tsukishima's egos were damaged in the process. Greatly.

Yuki to Sumi 1 - 3

So this is about a famous calligraphy prodigy that starts going to high school, and pretty much everyone in the school see's her as an idol. Except for the dude that sits next to her. When she finds out he doesn't give a shit, she figures she can talk to him and reveals that she's not perfect at all, and he soon finds out that she's just an idiot. There's no way she'll be able to hide this for too long.

LV999 no Murabito 4

Well, Mr max level villager clearly knows plot details about the world that we probably wont find out for a bit. Anyway, he does have a pretty bold plan on how to deal with the attack on the village.

Jintor

i'm on a flight tomorrow - enforced reading time. What's a series that I can actually finish on a 7-hour flight?

Ya'll know my tastes. If you don't, here's some crap I like/d

Boku no Hero
Hinamatsuri
Horimiya
Kaguya wants to be Confessed To
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Mob Psycho 100
Onepunch man
Nana to Kaoru
Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

(Recalling also that I dropped Lucifer Biscuit because I wasn't feeling it)

Peco

i'm on a flight tomorrow - enforced reading time. What's a series that I can actually finish on a 7-hour flight?

Soremachi

Zweizer

Banned

Yeah I'll second Soremachi.

I'd add Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro, Jitsu wa Watashi wa, Nukoduke!, Grand Blue, Demi-chan wa Kataritai, and Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.

As for Biscuit Hammer, try Spirit Circle from the same author. I think it'll be more of your jam.

upandaway

You want things that are completed?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Sherif evan lies
Rokudou onna tachi
Hoshino me o tsubutte

Black general san anime

Well, it's the barest anime i've seen. I understand that this is for smartphone, but dang... i think inferno cop has more animation. The voice actor is really good though, so there's that.

Goblin Slayer Ch13-15: Nice end to the current arc, looking forward to the next one. As it seems they'll be moving away from goblins, maybe?

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun Ch1-9: Kinda like Criminale! but with devils and devil school replacing criminals and criminal school.

Tomo-chan ch.620
That is a very sad face I never thought this manga would have gotten around to showing. Poor Carol.

Saotome-Senshu ch.14
I admire Mito's bravado in plucking a small child from the school for no reason other than he looks like Saotome and proceeds to show it to everyone. I'm amazed how well the kid even dealt with that.

But now we know that dead eyes really do run in the family. Though I hope the father looks nothing like it just for contrast.

Zweizer

Banned
Black general san anime
Well, it's the barest anime i've seen. I understand that this is for smartphone, but dang... i think inferno cop has more animation. The voice actor is really good though, so there's that.

That's disappointing to hear.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch63

img000005vnsm6.jpg

Olufe is surprisingly kinky, though she already demonstrated that when she sniffed her lady's striped sock.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch620

Choose your words carefully.

So, I just finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans as well as Knights Of Sidonia. And now I have a massive thirst for some more Mecha Manga, the only issue is; I think I've read most of the good ones. Help!

List Of Mecha Manga I've read:
- Knights Of Sidonia
- Break Blade
- Full Metal Panic! (All parts)
- Knights & Magic
- All You Need Is Kill
- Kurogane No Linebarrel
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- School Shock
- Infinite Stratos (Even if was a piece of ****)
- Saijaku Muhai no Shinsou Kiryuu
- Verdant Lord (Apparently this is classed as a Mecha Manga?)
- Bullet Armours
- Eureka Seven (Watched the anime, but still...)
- Robot Keiji
- Alita: Battle Angel (I think I've read all the parts, it's a bit confusing)
- Batlle Mexia (Apparently this is also classed as a Mecha Manga?)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ascheroth

So, I just finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans as well as Knights Of Sidonia. And now I have a massive thirst for some more Mecha Manga, the only issue is; I think I've read most of the good ones. Help!

- Knights Of Sidonia
- Break Blade
- Knights & Magic
- All You Need Is Kill
- Kurogane No Linebarrel
- School Shock
- Bullet Armours
- Robot Keiji

I can't think of any mangas beyond what you've mentioned, but watch Kuromukuro. It is great.

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 620

This made me angry for all the wrong reasons.

Tokyo Ghoul: re 138

After not really caring about most of the manga, it really is starting to pull me back in.
Fantastic chapter that ends with a bang.

- Knights Of Sidonia
- Break Blade
- Knights & Magic
- All You Need Is Kill
- Kurogane No Linebarrel
- School Shock
- Bullet Armours
- Robot Keiji

Karakuridouji Ultimo

Zweizer

Banned

Have you read Gundam Sousei?

Peco

- Knights Of Sidonia
- Break Blade
- Knights & Magic
- All You Need Is Kill
- Kurogane No Linebarrel
- School Shock
- Bullet Armours
- Robot Keiji

Tandem Lover
The Getter Robo saga
Joshi Kouhei
Five Star Stories

- Knights Of Sidonia
- Break Blade
- Knights & Magic
- All You Need Is Kill
- Kurogane No Linebarrel
- School Shock
- Bullet Armours
- Robot Keiji

Front Mission: Dog Life & Dog Style

- Knights Of Sidonia
- Break Blade
- Knights & Magic
- All You Need Is Kill
- Kurogane No Linebarrel
- School Shock
- Bullet Armours
- Robot Keiji

Getter Robo is a must. The original manga, G, Go, and Shin in that order. Maybe include Ah if you're fine with seeing it end inconclusively due to Ken Ishikawa's death.

That, and there's Getter Robo Devolution which is currently ongoing and I've been enjoying it, though that's one that is probably better appreciated after reading the original saga. Lot of multiverse stuff and references to previous versions of characters.

Lain

Is Forget me Not from Kodansha any good? Its on sale and the first chapter seems interesting.

It's fine. I found the end disappointing but otherwise it's an OK read.

Devils' Line Volume 8

The bad guys keep winning and it's annoying me to no end.
A bit of Kikuhara's backstory was in this one (him pushing his mother down the balcony and killing her, plus it's not said but the scene seemed to imply they had a sexual relationship after he grew up and she started finding him good looking?) and he comes off as even more of a monster to me, as if there was any need for more proof.
Anzai with the new haircut looks pretty cool.

Isekai Goumon Hime 4

Doll waifu acquired. From her fairly, uh, devoted introductory speech, I'm assuming she's the one Numb warned me about. It's too early to form any real judgment on her, but any addition to the minuscule cast list is welcome right now. Particularly if they have doll joints.

your taunts have no effect on me!!!!
h5KCc8z.png

Getter Robo is a must. The original manga, G, Go, and Shin in that order. Maybe include Ah if you're fine with seeing it end inconclusively due to Ken Ishikawa's death.

That, and there's Getter Robo Devolution which is currently ongoing and I've been enjoying it, though that's one that is probably better appreciated after reading the original saga. Lot of multiverse stuff and references to previous versions of characters.

I remember meaning to read some of these ages ago. Thanks for reminding me!

Front Mission: Dog Life & Dog Style

Tandem Lover
The Getter Robo saga
Joshi Kouhei
Five Star Stories

Thanks for the suggestions.

Have you read Gundam Sousei?

I might have, I'm honestly quite awful with names. Can you give me a quick plot synopsis?

Karakuridouji Ultimo

I remember reading the first dozen-or-so chapters ages ago. Do you know how many there are in total?

I can't think of any mangas beyond what you've mentioned, but watch Kuromukuro. It is great.

I must admit, I'm watching less and less anime of late. But the plot of this does tempt me to watch it. Consider it added to my to-watch list!

In other news:

Isekai Goumon Hime Ch4: Welp... Lover it is.

Chase17

So I guess Hinomoura Zumou will be sticking around for a while. Also first time RxL has ranked first.

Jump TOC Issue 40:
Dr. Stone ※ Cover
Robot X LASERBEAM
One Piece
Hinomaru Zumou
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
Promised Neverland ※ Color
Kimetsu no Yaiba
We Never Learn
Jekyll no Tsukaima ※ Golden Future Cup
Black Clover
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Haikyu
Shokugeki no Soma
Hunter X Hunter ※ Hiatus X Hiatus
My Hero Academia
Gintama
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ※ Color
Shudan
Spring Weapon No 1
Cross Account
Hungy Marie
Issue 41:
Cover: Robot X LASERBEAM
Color Pages: Boruto, Hinomaru Zumou (2nd Season Start), Joreishi Rentarou no Yakusoku (GFC Entry #2)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How'd it jump so high?! I feel Robot x Laserbeam is the most boring thing. Is this that alleged "editor interference" I hear so much about?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Togashi's note said HxH would be returning before the end of the year so its a short break this time

Chase17

How'd it jump so high?! I feel Robot x Laserbeam is the most boring thing. Is this that alleged "editor interference" I hear so much about?
It's generally been ranking hire since the first volume sold a ton so maybe. Or people really like this practice match lol.

Kind of an odd ranking all around with MHA being out of the top 5.

Dang, I was hoping we would get an announcement that World Trigger would come back and take its place.
If only...

Top Bottom