• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
his reasoning is sound though, I just don't get how he fell for Chihiro. Like I know he cried over her, but I don't know how he developed feelings for her in the first place. Lots of potential wasted obviously (Elsie's sister plot, why the people from the past aside from the grandpa were relevant, etc.), but it had to end somehow. I feel bad for all the goddess girls and Doukurou though.

I can't really remember, wasn't Chihiro the only girl who would even talk to him before all the shenanigans began? edit: oh, there was Ayumi too. I need to check out the first chapter for that. Anyways I don't see how he'd develop anything towards the goddess girls seeing the situations he went through. Chihiro is the only one that makes sense tbh.

Soma

Is Reiroukan Still Alive? Ch. 3

i09OJPqaxwM5m.jpg

This is pretty good.

The tenants all seem like a really lively and charming cast.

Really digging the art too. Has a bit of a Ran and the Grey World vibe to it.

Charade

Hi Score Girl 9

Well now, that was really sweet. Like really really adorable.
She better come back soon though.
Anyways, can't wait for what happens next/new characters.

Fuck Negima for doing that, one of the worst endings. That and a bunch of other unexplained it.
I'm pretty sure most if not all the people reading UQ Holder are reading it to find out who won, myself included. :(

I actually forgot even more things were left unexplained in the ending besides who gets chosen, lol.

Have we seen his mother? Is she dead?

I believe way way way way back, Raku mentioned his mother doesn't live with them for whatever reason.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I can't really remember, wasn't Chihiro the only girl who would even talk to him before all the shenanigans began? edit: oh, there was Ayumi too. I need to check out the first chapter for that. Anyways I don't see how he'd develop anything towards the goddess girls seeing the situations he went through. Chihiro is the only one that makes sense tbh.
She made fun of him a lot I think? I don't remember about Ayumi though. And yeah, romance was pretty much out of the question with the goddess girls, except for Tenri maybe. But then again, they didn't have much chemistry together because even though she cared about his well-being, Keima didn't seem to like her that way, and there was the complication with Diana who also loved him.

edit: holy shit, Hi Score Girl is back?? finally!

Eleuin

TWGOK end
THAT WAS WORSE THAN THE SPOILERS FUCK

FUCK THAT LETTER

his reasoning is sound though, I just don't get how he fell for Chihiro. Like I know he cried over her, but I don't know how he developed feelings for her in the first place. Lots of potential wasted obviously (Elsie's sister plot, why the people from the past aside from the grandpa were relevant, etc.), but it had to end somehow. I feel bad for all the goddess girls and Doukurou though.

No goddess no problem

Mesoian

TWGOK - End

Christ, what a clumsy dismount.

I don't even care about the choice, they might as well dropped the title of the book on the last page and link it to this

Whatever, I don't even care anymore.

TWGOK end
THAT WAS WORSE THAN THE SPOILERS FUCK

FUCK THAT LETTER

For some asinine reason, Chihiro actually liked him before he began conquesting. It pretty much contradicted everything he believed about how love is comparable to what it is in games with all the flags and stuff. He couldn't grasp the concept of being loved after giving no reason to be loved, so he probably developed an interest in her because of that.

Mesoian

For some asinine reason, Chihiro actually liked him before he began conquesting. It pretty much contradicted everything he believed about how love is comparable to what it is in games with all the flags and stuff. He couldn't grasp the concept of being loved after giving no reason to be loved, so he probably developed an interest in her because of that.

Which, for the record, is a REALLY shitty reason to fall in love with someone.

I mean yeah. I'm just salty about this ending. It's not the worst, but...seriously, fuck this shit. This ending was little more than a wet fart in the breeze. Unpleasant, and ultimately forgettable.

Sheesh.

kasane

I don't think it is. If you're interested in what a person does you' might actually fall in love with them. Its only bad because there is totally no interactions between keima and the winning girl. A little might have helped

Not denying that, but it's kind of consistent in the whole "people aren't video game characters" message. People fall in love for all kinds of reasons, some of which make no logical sense. With how unempathetic of a jerk Keima is, I think it's believable.

The World God Only Knows

Yeah, that was a pretty garbage end.
Not only is Chihiro kind of an asshole making you struggle to understand his logic, the fact that you actually saw the other girls processing that they took that L was fucked up to the fans of those characters.

Particularly Tenri, who they basically ended with sitting sad and alone on a beach somewhere knowing for ten years she was screwed and tried to lighten the mood by throwing in a BS "it's not over yet" pep talk one page before the last one. I started on this series kind of late and didn't really gain any major attachments to one girl, but any of them would have basically been better than Chihiro. XD

Also, no modern day Urara was kind of stupid. When they showed her grandfather I expected to see her even if it was some small capacity. Nope, disappeared forever.

Dokurou was awesome, so at least there's that. I'm also greatly satisfied with Elsie becoming Keima's actual sister.

Mortemis

Banned
where's haqua, wakaki

where's haqua

I still don't really understand the whole Elsie situation, but since she wiped Haqua of her memories of her, maybe all the memories of Keima disappeared with it or something.

Either way no Haqua in the ending is disappointing. We all called it that Wakaki would forget about her though.

Mesoian

I don't think it is. If you're interested in what a person does you' might actually fall in love with them. Its only bad because there is totally no interactions between keima and the winning girl. A little might have helped

But he's not. He never was. That was the point, that this was a game. Even during the child arc, he's not forming a meaningful relationship with the girls or figuring out the points that actual appeal to him, he is manipulating them in order to prevent a time paradox which starts this whole mess.

It would have made way more sense for him to have chosen no one because the entire book, THE ENTIRE BOOK, spends all of it's time pushing the fact that Keima doesn't care. Except for hte last chapter, where he suddenly does because fuck it we can't end this thing without him choosing someone.

Dumb. Dumb and silly and completely betraying of what the entire book was about. I'd be like Goku saying, "Okay, no more fights for me, I'm going to stay home and be a family man." NO! He went out and found more fights in the after life and will continue fighting for all existence because that's what he does.

Sheesh.

Either way no Haqua in the ending is disappointing. We all called it that Wakaki would forget about her though.

Tahiti is a magical place (to take a shite)

Yep. People are mad.

Legit Salty over here.

Mesoian

Just started Hi Score girl.

Okay. We in there.

The dokurou revelation was pretty obvious a while ago, was anyone actually surprised? It was well done at least.

I don't think it was supposed to be a surprise. I think they just straight up tell you who she is.

Furyous

Inari KonKon

It's about fucking time this happened. Hopefully the author doesn't screw this up. I'M HAPPY.
Uka will give birth to red fox cubs.

TWGOK

I'm lost.

I thought Elsie was the last boss? What happened to her and what did she tell Keima? Where's Dokurou going? What happened to the loli goth chick? This ending FUCKING SUCKS. The shit's AWFUL. At least give me an Ayumi or Minerva ending. Better yet have Keima dump everyone.

TAL

Booo!!
Go back to the mute chick.

Nisekoi

I'm boycotting this manga until a MILF joins the harem.

Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry

The MC has the biggest BS hack ability in the last few years.
I'm just here for the art.

kewlmyc

TWGOK END:
Ending wasn't completely awful, despite the dropped plot points. I can respect this kind of ending to a harem.

Still feel terrible for Tenri, holy shit. She lost 10 years ago and knew the entire manga.

Nisekoi 119:
Boy didn't see this coming.[/sarcasm] Seems she has some sort of history with Onohera, I wonder what's up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom