• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWGOK final
I'm actually happy with this, for the most part. Chihiro was the only girl that he ever showed remorse for manipulating. She was the only one where it wasn't just some game to him it seems. Furthermore, shes the only one, I think, who will forever keep him on his toes, chasing the next flag.

Elise's end was about perfect. Real sister for the win.

Dokuro, well, good ending there as well. I wonder where she'll go from here on, we'll probably never know.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK final
I'm actually happy with this, for the most part. Chihiro was the only girl that he ever showed remorse for manipulating. She was the only one where it wasn't just some game to him it seems. Furthermore, shes the only one, I think, who will forever keep him on his toes, chasing the next flag.

Elise's end was about perfect. Real sister for the win.

Dokuro, well, good ending there as well. I wonder where she'll go from here on, we'll probably never know.

Yeah, but he wasn't mean to any of the other girls beyond faking it.

Akito

I remember at least 1 adachi manga that sorta ntr
It was meant as a joke cause in my eyes Adachi basically invented all those popular romance tropes. Childhood friends? Checked. Incest? Old news. NTR? Way before it became "cool".
lol

Marche90

TWGOK END

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, this is a nice way to end the series, since the most important plot point got resolved.

On the other hand, god damn it, Keima, that was cruel. Poor Tenri (she had it the worst). Poor Kanon, my personal favorite. POOR HAQUA!! T_T T_T T_T

jman2050

More TWGOK

If you all didn't see the
Chihiro ending
coming then you either were not paying attention to the past ~100 chapters or you completely misunderstood the direction the story was going.

I mean, it wasn't even particularly subtle what he was going for.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Actually, he wasn't that cruel to Tenri. He turned her down well in advance of her having any feelings for him, so its not like the blow could have really been all that hard.

More TWGOK

If you all didn't see the
Chihiro ending
coming then you either were not paying attention to the past ~100 chapters or you completely misunderstood the direction the story was going.

I mean, it wasn't even particularly subtle what he was going for.

The past 100 chapters was him fucking around as an 8 year old with random girls that weren't relevant to the plot.

jman2050

Actually, he wasn't that cruel to Tenri. He turned her down well in advance of her having any feelings for him, so its not like the blow could have really been all that hard.

The past 100 chapters was him fucking around as an 8 year old with random girls that weren't relevant to the plot.

I never specified how much of those 100 chapters were actually relevant.

Also if you're talking about Keima dicking around as a child that only(lol) lasted roughly 70 chapters!

Also I thought Tenri wouldn't have even read that letter until 10 years later, no?

Quasar

TWOGK 268 - I liked this end. Probably the best I could hope for. Better than I expected given some other manga endings lately as well as how uninteresting I found the whole timetravel story.

Mesoian

cry more pls :)

tho hi score girl is really great :))

Relevant (How it should have ended)

8vko74R.gif

dumbyugi

TWGOK END

This final arc had some pacing issues and I would have liked to have seen everything wrapped up a bit more. That said I liked the ending quite a bit. Almost made me feel bad for Tenri. I'm probably going to read the whole series again to see if any of this stuff was hinted at earlier. I suspect none of it except the teacher being Dokuro and Chihiro being the winning girl was thought of ahead of time though.

TWGOK END
I sort of wish they gave Haqua at least a panel. Like didn't she win the popularity polls before.
That aside, fairly solid ending aside from a few rushed plot points. A good girl won.
I knew my favorite girl, Shiori wasn't going to win but Chihiro is one of the better girls among the final 7
The scene with Dokuro was fantastic. I hope he does a little epilogue sometime in the future perhaps expanding on what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom