• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

It's not a character popularity poll, but rather a poll of favorite chapter? The winner listing doesn't say their names, it says in katakana different words (presumably chapter titles, I haven't read Nisekoi) + a chapter number.

Arabesque

Edit: crap, got snipped by dramatic while checking what happened in the chapters

But yeah, good taste for the choices here

Well, it's a front clasp, so it's not as bad as it could've been.

Still a messy way for someone to take their clothe off!

Those Nisekoi polls are decided by like 3 people

It still boggles my mind how this it true. Y, K and F-san must be rich fers to waste this much money.

Is ~5900 voters a good number?

It means fewer people are going to get carpal tunnel.

So yes, it's a very good number.

Oh wow. Isn't it the last polls the number of votes are much higher? I remember Kosaki being #1 last time with more than 5k votes.

The reason why there are fewer votes overall is because this isn't a character popularity poll, but a favourite chapter poll.

Notice how there are characters there that don't have votes next to them (Mikage, Shu, Raku and ... Ruri's grandfather ;_;) and the chapter number listed on top of the result.

So the winners are:

1. Chapter 97, the final chapter of Mikagi's trip. Had a very cute interaction between Raku and Marika so I suppose that why it won.
2. Chapter 49, the Romeo and Juliet finale. Guess it was popular for being the first story arc of the series.
3. Chapter 115, the finale of the Ruri Grandfather arc. Easily the best chapter and arc of the series by a mile
4. Chapter 98, the random Onodera: Year One story
5. Chapter 57, the chapter in which nothing happened except later on contradict stuff regarding Chitoge's character. Still cute but eh.

dani_dc

It's not a character popularity poll, but rather a poll of favorite chapter? The winner listing doesn't say their names, it says in katakana different words (presumably chapter titles, I haven't read Nisekoi) + a chapter number.
That would explain the low number of votes, they'd be a lot more diluted.

1. Chapter 97, the final chapter of Mikagi's trip. Had a very cute interaction between Raku and Marika so I suppose that why it won.
2. Chapter 49, the Romeo and Juliet finale. Guess it was popular for being the first story arc of the series.
3. Chapter 115, the finale of the Ruri Grandfather arc. Easily the best chapter and arc of the series by a mile
5. Chapter 57, the chapter in which nothing happened except later on contradict stuff regarding Chitoge's character. Still cute but eh.

Agreed.

It was so good compared to the rest of the series that the author should drop the generic harem comedy and switch to drama.

Curiously enough, Shuu and Ruri has the best chapters of the series (and best couple too)

random25

The reason why there are fewer votes overall is because this isn't a character popularity poll, but a favourite chapter poll.

Notice how there are characters there that don't have votes next to them (Mikage, Shu, Raku and ... Ruri's grandfather ;_;) and the chapter number listed on top of the result.

So the winners are:

Oh I misunderstood lol. Thanks for clarification.

Theres never no bad seraph of the end colour page.
CBGbEU-UsAEnYef.jpg:large

Arabesque

Agreed.

It was so good compared to the rest of the series that the author should drop the generic harem comedy and switch to drama.

He should be working on that Double Arts sequel instead ;_;

I honestly liked the arc not only because it was the best arc out of the series, but also because something similar had happened to me (losing a loved one) and it just happened to happen a bit afterward. Sort of the weirdest connection to make to this series haha.

I think the series had shown before similar quality in small doses, but the Ruri Grandfather arc was the first time it went all out and gave us something that didn't end with "and then said girl feel in love with Raku and insert wacky comedy".

It's that sort nice development that makes me like Nisekoi. That and the occasional comedic bits that are actually funny.

Curiously enough, Shuu and Ruri has the best chapters of the series (and best couple too)

Because they are one of the few characters to be allowed to interact with Raku without craving his dick. (And Mama Onodera)

As for being a couple, it's becuase they are the only pair in the manga (that isn't a gag couple) that actually get the occasional bit of development that advances their story. And without it being wasted becuase Shuu having 8 girls trying to get into his pants. And Ruri being the smartest member of the cast helps too.

Oh I misunderstood lol. Thanks for clarification.

I actually thought it was a popularity poll for a second till I noticed that the second Chitoge eyebrows and Mikage being there lol

lol

I imagine the numbers wouldn't be much higher if it was a character popularity poll?

The last character poll Nisekoi had had ~24,000 votes, so if they were to do a second one now (after the second season and the gradual increase of popularity) it would be closer to ~30,000 I'd think

Whether those potential 30,000 votes are actually submitted by different people or just the same 3 guys who submitted 2000 votes each to Onodera/Marika/Ruri is another story.

People generally vote more for character polls more than any other in WSJ, and since it is possible to vote multiple times (both on the same post card and submitting multiple ones) they tend to attract more attention.

Lain

Amazon is definitely trolling me. They sent me Kingdom volume 23, but 22 still hasn't shipped. They put back Food Wars! volume 5 for preorder, but cancelled my order for volume 4.

Furyous

The Breaker New Waves 197

Looks like we are about to get a Part 3!

Chapter 197 is out?

All I want is Shioon to get back with the SunWoo clan, train under a new master, and start the third series as a monster.

Hopefully, the bald master goes to rescue Shioon and takes him as a disciple.

New York Times Top Manga Sellers This Week

Rank/Volume/(Amount of Weeks it made the chart)

1. Attack on Titan Vol 15 (1)
2. Naruto Vol 69 (3)
3. Monster Musume Vol 6 (3)
4. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D Vol 7 (3)
5. Attack on Titan Vol 1 (90)
6. Nisekoi Vol 8 (3)
7. Sereph of the End Vol 4 (2)
8. No Game, No Life Vol 1 (6)
9. Kamisama Kiss Vol 17 (3)
10. Agame Ga Kill! Vol 1 (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.