• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

There's a picture of Gaara's wife that bears a strong resemblance to a sand shinobi Gaara personally spent time teaching basic ninjitsu. He gave her a weapon and everything. You'd have to go back to the original Naruto series to find the shinobi. She's in the arc directly before Naruto leaves the village.

360pages

Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san is not really a jump kind of series. I think it's okay, but it really is just a gag type of thing that would wear thin after about 10 chapters.

bigkrev

Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club 6

FuSRQvx.jpg

Actually a chapter about trying on outfits, but glad to see Yoko understands how to keep a series alive in Jump!

Stulaw

Umaru chan 106

Kirie is really short, like really short, 140cm is just over 4'7, and she's shorter than that. She certainly got closer
to Ebina

I missed you guys
The world outside Gaf is a vicious place.

My Hero Academia 49

I am really loving the design of the hero killer. In fact, the design in Academia has been pretty good.

Seraph of the End 24

This manga could be interesting if not for the generic characters. Like, you can predict how each will behave before they get a proper introduction. Yu is not a likeable protagonist either.

Lain

e03312aa48.png

Quick everyone we all better support this release, this is their ways of saying if it sells they will have some ammo to finally get PunPun brought over

Already have it in a 2 volumes release but I'll cheer on. Too bad it's omnibus, or I'd contribute.

360pages

Honestly I can't even say Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san is passable, honestly at times it's borderline unreadable, the paneling is awful and almost every page has huge amount of exposition that could be cut.

bobohoro

Quick everyone we all better support this release, this is their ways of saying if it sells they will have some ammo to finally get PunPun brought over

Well, I'll stop with getting the German release of Punpun for the next few months then in hopes of that happening.

And in the end have it in both languages, since I can't live with a half-finished series in my bookshelf. :O

Boku No Hero Academia 49

That last panel of Ida...well, this might get pretty intense soon.

balgajo

Black Clover 20

Though it was obvious, this chapter confirmed that Asta new sword can user power of his friends. I hope this is just this sword ability because I hate nakama powers stuff.

Zweizer

Banned
Tsugumomo ch71.5

Damn, this feels extra lewd after the string of serious chapters.

She, Her Camera and Her Seasons ch3-4

Ignoring that other guy, it's nice that they grew closer. The lines about sharing their time was pretty touching.

Hatarakanai Futari ch18-19

Well, at least the brother is doing something.

Himouto! Umaru-chan ch106

Good for you, Kirie~

Tomo-chan ha Onna no ko! ch51-60

Don't mess with Tomo~

Such a bro~

T-REX na Kanojo ch10

They're all close to each other~

My Hero Academia ch49

Deku's progressing well. Too bad for Iida though.

My Hero Academia

It's official, this arc is ending in one of 3 ways:

-Iida dies
-Iida kills Stain, goes hardcore antihero or full villain
-Iida ends up getting mindscrewed by Stain, joins him

Nice to see Deku still using his brain. Fully expecting a "mind is the most dangerous weapon" moment at some point.

Shengar

Basically Re:Monster without all the self-indulging harem cum orgy fantasy?

Then, I would read it.

I kinda want to see a manga about the rise of goblin or orc horde. What makes Re:Monster keep my attention for a while was about that aspect until I get enough of its self-indulging, nonsensical harem fantasy aspect.
Very often Japan got the idea, but not the execution.

dramatis

Storage post. Still playing Heavensward. lol

1. Soma plays a lot of games. Then he gets tossed into a trollish MMO. For Kono Sekai ga Game da to Ore dake ga Shitteiru 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  2. Demon King is now in Japan and provides the best customer service in fast food. For The Devil is a Part Timer Vol 1. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  3. Vanilla tastes the sweetest. No drawn out drama or extreme psychotic stuff - well compared to your average yandere - makes it a pleasant and quick read. It might still crush your heart, but most of all because the emotions are presented in an almost suffocating way. Seriously stuffy at times. For Koharu no Hibi. From bobohoro.
  4. This is pretty damn amusing mostly cause of all the silly shoujo cliches tossed around and the female lead is freaking out over them. For Ouji ga Watashi o Akiramenai!. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  5. A girl stalks a pretty boy and now they go fight yokai problems. For Kyokou Suiri ~ Invented Inference 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  6. Nishiki is a girl that goes around helping others and only asking for a receipt written on origami paper that confirms she did the job asked of her. For Kingyozaka Noboru. From Lain. (imp)
  7. This will probably be pretty damn good. For Fate/strange Fake. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  8. Art style nicely stylized and clean, and the characters are a lot of fun already. For Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club!. From mdubs. (imp)
  9. A ton of (SFW) Touhou doujins. From A Huge Battleship.
  10. Lots of TMI you would never expect to get asked in a series. Pretty great. For Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Chiko. From dakkumauji.
  11. Hikaru has a secret life. He dives into the dreams of others to fight off rabbits that are slowly increasing the darkness inside humans. For Gaitou Alice 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  12. Overall however it's an easy recommendation for people looking for a romance manga. For Uwagaki. From bobohoro. (rev)
  13. Contender for one-shot of the year. For The Young Maiden in Love is a Carnivore. From Zweizer. (imp)
  14. While he chases after memories of her on the earth below, she uses every tool at her disposal in heaven above to force him to forget. For Magi no Okurimono 01. From Rebel Leader. (imp)
  15. Just reading this one can tell Irie Aki is immensely talented. It just shot Ran and the Gray World to the top of my next reading list. For Harukoma (oneshot). From Usobuko.
  16. I think Seo actually did a satisfying conclusion without copping out. For Half and Half. From Rhapsody. (rev)
  17. Typical shoujo but still enjoyable. For Sunrise!. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  18. Gotta say that was pretty damn good. For More than Words. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  19. Adorably clumsy and socially awkward girl tries to make friends at school. So cute~ For Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu by Katsuwo. From Zweizer.
  20. I liked this series up until this volume. The way the story ends left me with a bit of a bad taste. For Gokusai. From Lain. (rev)
  21. What I like most about it though is how the author treats the setting with a lot of respect especially with magic being such a huge facet of it. For The Ancient Magus Bride. From Soma. (imp)
  22. While the plot is pretty cliched, the world of magic does seem interesting enough to build something around it. For Haruka. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  23. Usual shoujo goodness but it was enjoyable, I like the two main leads and much doki doki. For Sekirara ni Kiss 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  24. Almost everyone dies and turns into a zombie magical girl. For Magical Girl of the End Vol 1. From Lain. (imp)
  25. Pretty nice story, predictable ending but it was good throughout. For They Were Eleven. From MetroidPrimeRib. (imp)
  26. That was a really engaging opening chapter for something that didn't seem particularly eye-catching at first. For Kyokou Suiri ~ Invented Inference 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  27. An one shot about a girl who's about to graduate suddenly facing with the reality she's growing up and the guy who suddenly came into her life. For Haru Niwa. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  28. It's Romance of the Three Kingdoms Except with cats For Cat Wars 01. From A Huge Battleship.
  29. Well this was quite a lot of fun. For Tower of God. From phaze. (imp)
  30. If mangaf were a girl For Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Chiko. From Akito.
  31. An unfashionable office lady suddenly has memory loss and discovers that she dated a co-worker and changed herself in the time she doesn't remember. For Love Rerun 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  32. They are in love but they are part of rival houses that hate each other! Pretty enjoyable. Art's nice and it was a nice trick they did at the end. It was a fun one shot. For Kushuku Gakkou No Juliet. From dakkumauji.
  33. The very start was the strong point and the ending really gets you unaware. For Eternal Sabbath. From Numb. (rev)
  34. Lighthearted murderthon about a guild of assassins with a fixation for Halloween costumes. For Deathco 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  35. Surprisingly compelling, really gets you to feel the brooding isolation. For Tales of a Charcoal Burner. From wonzo. (imp)
  36. dr labson reading naughty stuff: "This manga is amazing, it really plays with the usual tropes in hentai."
  37. Rookie teacher takes her job seriously. But she goes all doki doki when she's saved by handsome school chef. Doki Doki~ For Sweet HR - Minami-sensei no Himitsu no Houkago 01. From dakkumauji.
  38. Two shoujo shorts by the same author, both with some slight spookiness. For Oni Yashiki and Skeleton Sister. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  39. All in all, a decent but rather dated story about love, death and religion. For Heart of Thomas. From Zweizer. (rev)
  40. Crazy neighbors and so much ANGER. Pretty entertaining read with some neat art. For Subtle Disaster. From ColossalLazy. (imp)
  41. Has the feel of a good 'n' uncomplicated horror movie, with decent art and a side order of fanservice. For Resentment 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  42. Pretty normal, pretty boy will help change a girl's life here but the whole execution was pretty hilarious. For Zetsubou Baby 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  43. So... It was really fun to read till the end of first arc. For Again!!. From Allaur. (imp)
  44. This series are basically smaller scale death note. For Nanika Mochigatte Masuka. From striferser. (imp)
  45. I gotta say I've enjoyed the ride I've been taken on. For Immortal Hounds. From SliceSabre. (imp)
  46. This doujin was pretty hilarious. For Dragon Ball x One Punch Man. From Crocodile. (doujin)
  47. Recommended but keep in mind the ending will be a long time to come. For Sing Yesterday for Me. From Mockingbird. (rec)
  48. So mahou shoujo vs tanks. For Mahou Shoujo Kokone wa Kakukatariki 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  49. Married life of a human male and his alien waifu. It's cute but at the same time annoyingly NSFW... For Oh, My Sweet Alien!. From Nordicus. (rev)
  50. Better. Standard spiritual monster hunting manga in terms of its setting and plot, but the art style was one of the most appealing I've come across recently. Less deservedly axed. For Imawabi no Dakini. From A Huge Battleship.
  51. An island girl moves to Japan and faces the wonders of Japan. For Sui Youbi. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  52. What a cute story. The art style is a bit simplistic, but it definitely works. For Looking for a Father. From Quixzlizx. (imp)
  53. The start of a budding romance I assume. It was pretty funny. For Pochi Kuro 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  54. A quirk-ish offbeat-ish short-ish manga that has the characters discuss a particular word and what it entails, with a side of social commentary. For Hiiragi's English-Japanese Dictionary. From Zweizer. (?)
  55. I usually hate it when a secondary character out shines the main protag alot but i will let it go this time. Dude is way too cool. For Sugarless. From Numb. (imp)
  56. Overall, a cute and hilarious read. For Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane. From Zweizer. (rev?)
  57. I feel the plot development is a bit too random and somewhat cheap but overall the story is cute. For Citrus. From Lain. (yuri)
  58. Big One reviews many of the Pokemon mangas. He reads more here: Wow, ok. Easily the best Pokemon Adventure arc ever..
  59. People who recomend it always should say that it's not about molestering! Then I would've read it much sooner. For Molester Man. From Allaur. (rev)
  60. An Instant Classic, that'll make you think, and proves to me that Manga is a powerful Medium when used right. For Oyasumi Punpun. From Rainbowgun. (rev)
  61. New series about vampires? Meh. New series about vampires from the mangaka behind Aku No Hana and Boku wa Mari no Naka? I'M IN. For Happiness. From Skab.
  62. Fantastic series that I can't recommend enough. For Ran and the Gray World. From Soma. (rec)
  63. Girl moves to a city from a village and slowly adjusts to growing up. Scarves and super cute growing up story with romance. Perfectttttttt For Chicha Koi Nikki. From dakkumauji.
  64. Definitely looks like one of those girl will change for the better and probably find love or whatever series with a dash of reverse harem maybe, but it looks interesting... For Eikyuu Shimei Onegaishimasu! 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  65. Be it for its gentle, wistful melody that makes up its tone, its gorgeous visuals, or its subtle story, read it. For Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. From Zweizer. (rec)
  66. Kid takes part of this secret widespread fighting tournament where you can earn money based off who you beat in a no rules street fighting. For Ultra Battle Satellite. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  67. Cute yuri one-shot about athletic girl and librarian girl. For Blue Spring Runnings. From Zweizer.
  68. So far so good, a 16 year old boy dies and is sent to an RPG like world by a Goddess... For Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku. From Stulaw. (imp)
  69. Usobuko showing off Chirori covers.
  70. alright guys you win this is bretty gud. For The Ancient Magus Bride. From Soma. (imp)
  71. I guess it is an interesting thought question to pursue, but it could have gone with an abstract ending instead of the standard... For 2015 A Space Series 9. From Dedication Through Light. (actually not BL)
  72. Friends go to a room in a white mansion to investigate mysterious disappearances. The set up was pretty interesting, the ending was pretty weird though. Not a bad one shot. For Room 303. From dakkumauji.
  73. Seinen romance story about an older girl who runs a book store and a student falling in love with each other through their attachment to books. For Futari no Renai Shoka. From Soma. (imp)
  74. Definitely One of the best mangas I've read. For Kakukaku Shikajika. From FlutterPuffs. Extra from Usobuko.
  75. It's really fun, and an absolute must-read if you're remotely fond of yuri. For Yuri Danshi. From PK Gaming. (rev?)
  76. This is the best thing. For T-Rex na Kanojo 01. From Soma.
  77. it's like berserk, if berserk was set in late 19th century america, and the apostles were demonic KKK man-eaters who found in the predatory racism of the era an opportunity for easy exploitation For blaster knuckle. From Dresden. (rev?) Additional opinion from striferser here.
  78. Tribes of Trusty gushing about Real Account. Like literal gushing.
  79. The beginning was kinda confusing and a bit unfocused in terms of storytelling, but the manga manages to turn the setting around and establishes a pretty interesting foundation. For Pandora Hearts. From bobohoro. (imp)
  80. Overall it's the kind of manga follow up I wanted to read from Mizukami after Lucifer. For Spirit Circle Vol 1. From Lain. (imp)
  81. This has some decent reaction faces and the characters are pretty amusing. I was expecting this to be kind of shit from the description but it's not bad so far. For Seishun Scrap!. From dumbyugi.
  82. Loved this and that shocking reveal. For Real Account. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  83. Fun shoujo. For Hoshigami-kun wa Douka Shiteiru 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  84. Unlucky girl gets rejected from her high school of choice and ends up at the only one that'll take her in. For 4-gatsu no Kimi, Spica. 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  85. So enchantingly bizarre. I think it's intended to be a satire of the usual hero stories, in particular, the aftermath. lol For Heroes. From Zweizer.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Yui gets points for doing something, I guess

even if she's been doomed from day one

Assassination Classroom 146

Okay, lol, no. The one on one was not unexpected. Ive been calling it every single chapter since they started this team based affair. Everybody and their grandmas knew it would be a Karma kun and Nagisa one on one.

Anyway, Maehara going down in such an embarassing manner and Isogai being off'd so fast was mean. Terasaka got a great line but then died easily two. Cheap. Worst, Nagisa was able to just stay behind Karasuma-sensei, baffling loophole in the rules.

VRMN

Nisekoi

Yui gets points for doing something, I guess

even if she's been doomed from day one
That Yui is the first girl in the series to make a real move is hilariously depressing.

And yes, she's doomed. Rejection incoming. At best this could be a fake fiancée situation, but that would be a status quo change, so nope.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That Yui is the first girl in the series to make a real move is hilariously depressing.

And yes, she's doomed. Rejection incoming. At best this could be a fake fiancée situation, but that would be a status quo change, so nope.

Status Quo will be perserved in that all 4 of the normal girls will be in the same position they were before.

Also Raku will resolve his feelings towards Chitoge by rationalizing it in some batshit way to keep the relationship static.

God, Onodera is the worst.

Averon

Nisekoi

These last few chapters feels like the author is stop dicking around and is moving things forward. Assuming things continue at this pace, and there's no "revert to the status quo" BS, I can this manga ending sometime early next year.

random25

Nisekoi 177

Yui finally made the move. And that towel kiss has been popular as of late lmao. And I predict Raku won't do anything about it, as usual.

Domestic na Kanojo 56

How can you turn into water?

Usobuko

Banned
I kinda want to see a manga about the rise of goblin or orc horde. What makes Re:Monster keep my attention for a while was about that aspect until I get enough of its self-indulging, nonsensical harem fantasy aspect.
Very often Japan got the idea, but not the execution.

I said that because at that time I went to read a bit of the raws ( translated ) of the LN. There's orgies and the MC is like a heaven gifted stud who got it on with every humanely desired races.

But I agree, Japan has a tendency for that.

Shengar

But I agree, Japan has a tendency for that.

The symptom got more acute as years goes by. I guess economy stagnation can indeed lead to creativity stagnation as well. There are many quality manga to be had, that's for sure, but the influx of bad one is rather overwhelming as well. Maybe it just internet thing that makes us able to see more than we should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom