• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 sells (to consumers) ~2 million units in 1 month WW

Boney

Banned
Came out earlier in Japan I think.

2548012-1521768639-mario.jpg
What the fuck am I seeing bwahahaha

I find it rather silly that Polygon said Mario kart 8 won't sell as well as previous Mario karts when Mario kart has been proven to sell as well as NSMB on their respective platforms due to mainstream audience loving those titles.

We're very likely to see Mario kart 8 hit about 4.16 million which is what NSMBU is at right now.

Cat Party

I find it rather silly that Polygon said Mario kart 8 won't sell as well as previous Mario karts when Mario kart has been proven to sell as well as NSMB on their respective platforms due to mainstream audience loving those titles.

We're very likely to see Mario kart 8 hit about 4.16 million which is what NSMBU is at right now.
Wouldn't that make it the worst selling Mario Kart ever?

Everytime I see that Polygon Pie graph I keep thinking Im missing something, like I can't work it out.

OT: Awsome news for Nintendo though, hope this momentum can keep going until Smash and then the sky is the limit.... hopefully

Wonder if they'll announce Double Dash II in the same generation, I can see that as an easy cash in.

Smash is going to outsell this, right? I want a WiiU real bad, it's so great to see Nintendo bounce back.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I bet it'l be leveling out at around 4 million. It will probably get a decent boost in the holidays. Which means, it would still be the worst selling mario kart ever though. Still great sales for the platform its on.

not too shabby for only a year though, plus MK never stops selling

heck, MKWii sold one million in 2012

Yes, it needs to sell over 5.47 million total

Unless there's a 90% attach ratio... lol.

It's going to sell Wii Us, but anything over 75% attach rate is very skeptical.
The Polygon article isn't going to be false, at least for now, but it's actually more like a "DUH" article. It's pretty obvious that if the hardware number is barely over the lowest Mario Kart, the games will sell less than that Mario Kart number.

Unless there's a 90% attach ratio... lol.

It's going to sell Wii Us, but anything over 75% attach rate is very skeptical.
The Polygon article isn't going to be false, at least for now, but it's actually more like a "DUH" article. It's pretty obvious that if the hardware number is barely over the lowest Mario Kart, the games will sell less than that Mario Kart number.

Exactly. For example, my daughter bought MK Wii about a year ago--to predict the lifetime sales of a game on a new console is foolish.

SmokeMaxX

So, it was very front-loaded then. 1.2M within the first couple of days and 0.8M for the rest.

How do you measure if a game's sales are frontloaded if it's only been out less than a month... Were the sales for pretty much every recent Mario/Mario Kart game frontloaded even though they sold a shit-ton way after they were released?

Top Bottom