• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8's Soundtrack is Amazing

Schnozberry

The Celtic feel to Moo Moo Meadows is absolutely perfect. I owe whoever wrote that music a hug. It's exactly the type of tune that makes me want to roll up a joint and have a barbecue with my friends up at my family's Lake cabin.

This soundtrack is extremely impressive for a Mario Kart title. It seems like Nintendo has adopted this jazz-like style into their games nowadays, and I can't get enough of it. I just love to see the amount of effort going into this game. A Mario Kart title.

Goddamn, the Mario Kart 8 theme is something else.

RagnarokX

Tick Tock Clock is great. Nintendo's gonna clean up soundtrack of the year awards if it keeps putting out stuff like this and Donkey Kong.

They'll get passed up as usual. Kid Icarus Uprising got fucking robbed of best soundtrack and best characters.

Love, love, love the jazz flavor from 3D World and this game. I have to echo people getting Sega flashbacks because some of these feel Dreamcast as hell.

Rainbow Road is clearly an anime ED.

Speaking of anime, Bowser's Castle sounds ripped right out of Cowboy Bebop.

Neiteio

Listening to the Bowser's Castle and Electrodrome themes, I so want a Bowser spinoff where Bowser and the Koopalings go on an epic 3D adventure. Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario have their own series, so... Please, Nintendo?

i78L6L3tIxcfw.jpg

Proven

From watching the direct, the fact that they made the damn Moo Moo Meadows song awesome means I need to bookmark this thread and make a playlist of these tracks.

Kodaman

Holy shit dat Moo Moo..

That one will go to my playlist of joy.. alongside Windmill Hills and Gusty Garden Galaxy.

Insaniac

Nintendo has been hitting out of the park with their Soundtracks, I loved SM3DW, and Smash Bros has always been amazing

Didn't one of the tunes have Gusty Garden in it?

The last two had great soundtracks as well.

How did they get these samples?!

If you mean the sound samples used for midi music, well, this game (as shown in the Direct) is all or mostly played with live instruments at a recording session. Electric guitars, big band instruments, and all.

If you mean you wonder how the uploaders got the full songs, then I really wonder that, too. Maybe there's finally a sound test in the game?

Zalman

Looks like the massive success of Mario Kart Wii really increased the production value of this game.

I'll try not to listen to too much before I get the game, but what I've heard so far sounds fantastic.

Haha. I don't think there has been any racing game ever that I have had the desire to listen to the music outside of the context of the game, and MK8 does nothing to change that. Glad people are enjoying it though.

I mostly agree actually, even including Mario Kart, but I think you should play F-Zero GX (or most other SEGA racing games) and enjoy life. :p

The music in Mario Kart has always been great to me, but very rarely "put on mp3 player great" like some video game music. Mario Kart's music is really awesome in-game, though. It works really well with the racing.

Top Bottom