• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart | Community Thread | *Insert Profanities Here*

ffdgh

Hey guys, look at my next avatar I made:
I0o2SEK.png
Shark please that's the anger talking.

Dereck

Some stages just really aren't built with 200cc in mind entirely.

For instance, holy dick Shy Guy Falls sucks in 200cc.

DarkFlame

Banned
All,right so i'm gonna state my questions here.

Last Nintendo console I had was 64 over 15 years ago.I'm thinking of buying Wii u in the next months due to the HD remasters of Zelda games I've never played,Martio Kart 8 and Smash Bros.But i'm kinda confused over the plethora of controllers this console has,what plays best and what is generally the best way to go.

I get that the console comes with a touchpad controller.The Mario Kart bundle comes also with 2 wii u remotes ,while there is a standalone Wii u pro controller i've seen, as well as some other 3rd party remotes here and there.

What is my best option or what would you suggest for games like the ones mentioned above.Are the wii u remote controllers good for most games? I'm kinda clueless on the controllers since i'm not familiar at all with the last 2 generations of Nintendo consoles

All,right so i'm gonna state my questions here.

Last Nintendo console I had was 64 over 15 years ago.I'm thinking of buying Wii u in the next months due to the HD remasters of Zelda games I've never played,Martio Kart 8 and Smash Bros.But i'm kinda confused over the plethora of controllers this console has,what plays best and what is generally the best way to go.

I get that the console comes with a touchpad controller.The Mario Kart bundle comes also with 2 wii u remotes ,while there is a standalone Wii u pro controller i've seen, as well as some other 3rd party remotes here and there.

What is my best option or what would you suggest for games like the ones mentioned above.Are the wii u remote controllers good for most games? I'm kinda clueless on the controllers since i'm not familiar at all with the last 2 generations of Nintendo consoles

I never use Wiimotes for any Wii U games, but I use them for Wii games discs if used on Wii U, very rare.

I'd suggest using gamepad for Zelda games, but Pro for MK8 and Smash.

DarkFlame

Banned
Alrigh,seems i'll settle with the gamepad that comes with the console and then buy Pro controllers for additional players ;).

One final question.Do i have to have the weird original Wii controllers to play Mario Galaxy on Wii U?

Top Bottom