• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 |OT| S.H.I.E.L.D. L.A. - Tuesdays 9/8c

Not expecting much but as long as i'm entertained then i'm good.

Although I Do expect this and Jessica Jones to be canceled.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Let's hope it's better than the unimaginative, B-tier production that was the first season. Going through it was a real chore at times.

Dai101

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-_Rbu7S6GQ

Captain America 75th anniversary/Agent Carter promo

Y7spwCk.jpg

TheOddOne

- MTV Review: ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Is A Brighter, Smarter, More Badass Show.
The good news is, we can and we have. Obviously Peggy hasn’t solved sexism for good, because that’s still impossible. But the show doesn’t take the time to retread old ground where her abilities as an investigator are concerned; it just lets her be the amazing badass we all know her to be, and in doing so gives of her first arc so much more meaning. While the insurmountable odds that Peggy’s already faced are incredibly meaningful and inspiring, we don’t need to be reminded of them every minute that she’s on screen — we’d rather just tag along for the ride and see what she accomplishes next.

Seigyoku

It is like some terrible rule that shows premiere and/or return when I go out of town. And to top it off I can't watch it on Tuesdays anyway. ;_;

Will be back home next week with THREE episodes to catch up on Peggy and probably two Rebels. I do not have the best timing.

TheOddOne

2 hour season premiere today:
Season 2: episode 1 "The Lady in the Lake"

Dedicated to the fight against new Atomic Age threats in the wake of World War II, Agent Carter journeys from New York City to Los Angeles for her most dangerous and bizarre assignment yet.
Season 2: episode 2 "A View in the Dark"

Peggy discovers her murder investigation has huge ramifications that can destroy her career, as well as everyone near and dear to her.

duckroll

It is like some terrible rule that shows premiere and/or return when I go out of town. And to top it off I can't watch it on Tuesdays anyway. ;_;

Will be back home next week with THREE episodes to catch up on Peggy and probably two Rebels. I do not have the best timing.

Wow, 3 whole episodes! WOOOOOOOOOW. C'mon, I have like a whole half season of Flash S2 to catch up on lol. :p

Crap. I forgot this was a two hour premier. I'll just catch the 2nd hour tomorrow. But I'm glad my Flash/Carter-Shield Tuesdays are back.

Blader

I liked the first season. The plot and supporting cast were nothing special, and the whole show just looked pretty cheap...BUT, I loved Hayley Atwell and James D'Arcy, together and apart. Their chemistry makes the show for me and I'm looking forward to S2 for that alone.

Ha, good joke. I gotchu.

giphy.gif

I'm the same actually. I'm a sucker for a British accent, and I recognize that she has large breasts, but I'm not really attracted to her at all. Don't find her unattractive, I'm just disinterested.

Like her and like the show though! Gave up on SHIELD, so looking forward to some more Marvel broadcast TV.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The plot and supporting cast were nothing special, and the whole show just looked pretty cheap...BUT, I loved Hayley Atwell and James D'Arcy, together and apart. Their chemistry makes the show for me and I'm looking forward to S2 for that alone.

Agreed.

TheOddOne

- Variety: ‘Agent Carter’ Star Hayley Atwell on Diversity in Hollywood, How the Show is Tackling Racism in Season 2.
I think slowly what’s seeming to happen is people in positions of power are speaking out. It’s starting to very slowly reflect on calling out when a film or a TV show is heavily biased to a particular sex and it also means that the audience is starting to want to see [female leads] a little bit more and has become more open-minded about having women in [what were] maybe previously considered male roles. I’m grateful to be part of that conversation. I’ve met a lot of fans in the Marvel Universe at conventions and what I do love about these fans is that they’re bloody outspoken. [Laughs.] They know what they like, and they’re very committed, and there’s something to be said for that, and they come up to me and they say, “How does it feel to be the founder of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the first female lead role on TV for Marvel” and stuff and it’s amazing because in my experience I feel quite gender-less.

I think there were rumors of her coming back for one or two episodes
Angie was pretty popular during the first season, wasn't she? Surprised that they are only bringing her back in a limited role.
Is it just the dance sequence she is in or is there more?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'm surprised Jack Kirby's family agreed to participate, considering his animosity towards Marvel.

Top Bottom