• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Digital Graphic Novel Sale at Amazon

How in the hell do I even link this to my ComiXology account/app? See no options for this after buying.

I don't remember how I did it, but try linking from comiXology site not from amazon.

On topic, I'm mostly an image fan so any recommendations for non traditional superhero stuff, or just weird shit (not deadpool)? I got Punisher cause of Ennis, anything else?

Bii

How in the hell do I even link this to my ComiXology account/app? See no options for this after buying.

Easier to do it from Comixology's website. It'll give you the option to log in using your Comixology account or Amazon account. Choose the latter and follow the directions from there.

Jetman

Thanks! Yeah did it through ComiXology, absolutely no options for it through Amazons site for some weird reason.

Jag

Used that Amazon promotion to pick up Avengers vs Xmen, on sale for $8.00 for free.

My damage so far:

Avengers vs Xmen Collected Edition
Astonishing X-Men 1-4
Karnak: The Flaw in All Things
Vision 1 & 2
X-Men Dark Phoenix
X-Men God Loves, Man Kills
Infinity Gauntlet
Marvel 1602
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol 1

Also thinking about getting the Star Wars Vader series.

Ok then I think that's it....

My final tally from the Amazon sale:

Ms Marvel Vol 1: Best of the Best
Ms Marvel Vol 2: Civil War
Ms Marvel Vol 3: Operation Lightning Storm
Ms Marvel Vol 4: Monster Smash
Ms Marvel Vol 5: Secret Invasion
Ms Marvel Vol 6: Ascension
Ms Marvel Vol 7: Dark Reign
Ms Marvel Vol 8: Best You Can Be
Ms Marvel (2014) Vol 1: No Normal
The Mighty Thor Vol 1: Thunder in Her Veins
The Mighty Thor Vol 2: Lords of Midgard
Spider-Man: Blue
Amazing Spider-Man: Origin of the Hobgoblin
Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection - Round Robin
Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection - Cosmic Adventures
Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection - The Goblin Last Stand
Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection - Return of the Sinister Six
Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection - Great Responsibility
Deadpool: The Adamantium Collection
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1: Coming Home
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2: Revelations
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 3: Until the Stars Turn Cold
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 4: Life & Death of Spiders
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 5: Unintended Consequences
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 6: Happy Birthday
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 7: The Book of Ezekiel
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 8: Sins Past
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 9: Skin Deep

Vic_Viper

Anyone have any trouble getting your purchases from the sale showing up in your comixology library? I purchased The Unworthy Thor digital tpb on Amazon and linked my accounts about 3 days ago and its still not showing up in my Comixology library. I contacted them the night I did it and they just said I should wait longer for the merger to work.

Realeza

Banned
Anyone have any trouble getting your purchases from the sale showing up in your comixology library? I purchased The Unworthy Thor digital tpb on Amazon and linked my accounts about 3 days ago and its still not showing up in my Comixology library. I contacted them the night I did it and they just said I should wait longer for the merger to work.

Go to your purchase history in comixology and you'll see them there

Vic_Viper

Nice, will get it. Thanks!

Anyone got any good Spidey picks?

I'd start with either Slotts' Amazing Spider-man or Superior Spider-man for the current stuff. The Amazing Spider-man Worldwide trades are the most recent and take place right after Secret Wars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H0X8VLE/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Also Ultimate Spider-man is a great place to start fresh. Probably the best place to go for a new reader.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AAJR3M4/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1496509889&sr=8-2

KDC720

Thanks to GAF suggestions I got

Hawkeye 1-4
Immortal Iron Fist 1-2
Vision 1-2
Darth Vader 1-4
Ms. Marvel 1-4

Last thing I was super interested in was Punisher MAX. All 5 volumes are a bit pricey at about 22 bucks but I've heard its great.

Pretty good stand alone? Just notice the creative team for it.

Blue is a standalone retelling of Peter's relationship with Gwen Stacy and well worth reading.

Coming Home is easy enough to get into if you just wanted the one JMS story as its the start of his run and a really good story on its own.

I keep finding new ones to buy. Bought Spiderverse. Seems like a good deal. Had wanted to read the arc when it originally came out.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Nice, will get it. Thanks!

Anyone got any good Spidey picks?

Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man

buy as many volumes as you can afford, it's all terrific.

EDIT: damn the whole thing is only like $40... that's an insane deal (it's like 120 issues long)

fuck i really need to stop coming into this thread

Wanderer5

Blue is a standalone retelling of Peter's relationship with Gwen Stacy and well worth reading.

Coming Home is easy enough to get into if you just wanted the one JMS story as its the start of his run and a really good story on its own.

Alright, shall definitely check out Blue least, and I should stop looking at this thread.XD

EDIT: damn the whole thing is only like $40... that's an insane deal (it's like 120 issues long)

This. Ultimate Spidey is probably my fave comic run of all time.

TheFlow

Banned
ultimate spiderman, and then miles spiderman make for some great reading.

I actually prefer the ultimate miles run, over his current run.

Thanks to GAF suggestions I got

Hawkeye 1-4
Immortal Iron Fist 1-2
Vision 1-2
Darth Vader 1-4
Ms. Marvel 1-4

Last thing I was super interested in was Punisher MAX. All 5 volumes are a bit pricey at about 22 bucks but I've heard its great.

if you use the promo it comes down to 17 bucks

i didnt know there was but thankfully it applied to that one (though had i know i would use it for something more expensive)

Vic_Viper

Go to your purchase history in comixology and you'll see them there

Where do you find your purchase history? I can see a recently purchased section but its not showing up there. There doesnt seem to be a purchase history tab anywhere, not under account or billing.

Yes the entire Ultimate Spider-Man run is great. I really like Miles Morales but I don't think he could ever surpass Ultimate Peter Parker for me.

Machine

I ended up getting Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four Vols 1-10 which was totally worth it. The entire run of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby on their flagship title.

J_Viper

And my final haul

Amazing Spider-Man: The Goblin's Last Stand
Amazing Spider-Man: Birth of Venom
Amazing Spide-Man: Vengeance of Venom
Astonishing X-Men Vol.2-4 (already had 1)
Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Vol.1-3
Captain Marvel: The Complete Collection
Daredevil: Born Again
Daredevil: The Man Without Fear
Daredevil: Yellow
Darth Vader Vol.1-4
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe
Deadpool Killustrated
Deadpool Kills Deadpool
Deadpool vs Carbage
Deadpool vs Thanos
Deadpool: The Adamantium Collection
Doctor Strange & Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment
Edge of SpiderVerse
Excalibur Epic Collection
Books of Doom
Han Solo
Planet Hulk
Incredible Hulk: The End
World War Hulk
Infinity Guantlet
Infinity War
Inhumans
Lando
Marvel 1602
Wolverine: Weapon X
The Death of Captain Marvel
X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
Secret Wars
Marvel Zombies Vol.1-2
Moon Knight Vol 1: From the Dead
Moon Knight Vol 1: Lunatic
Moon Knight Vol 2: Reincarnations
Moon Knight Epic Collection
New Mutants Epic Collection
Return of the Living Deadpool
Silver Surfer Epic Collection: Freedom
Silver Surfer Epic Collection: The Infinity Gauntlet
Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos
Silver Surfer: Requiem
Spider-Gwen Vol 1-2
Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Stand
Spider-Verse
Spider-Women
X-Men Epic Collection: Second Genesis
X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Venom by Rick Remender: The Complete Collection Vol.1-2
Vision Vol.1-2
Warlock: The Complete Collection
Wolverine
Wolverine Epic Collection: Shadow of Apocalypse
Wolverine Epic Collection: The Dying Game
Wolverine: Enemy of the State
Old Man Logan
X-23: The Complete Collection

I was eyeing Punisher Max, Priest's Black Panther run, and some Thor trades, but I figure my current purchases will last me quite a while.

I had to rebuy a few comics I bought on Google Books a few years back, because using that app on an iPhone is a fucking nightmare

And now I'm all out of money.

Please don't let there be a DC sale until July at earliest

OmegaX

I haven't a clue, but i'm going try to help a fellow gaffer out by trying something off the top of my head, could you download the free kindle app on android okay, log in with your amazon account to set it up, test it by sending yourself a free sample okay so far? then when you know it works, buy all the stuff you want by sending it to the kindle app you now set up, then if you dont want the kindle app no more delete and log back i to comixology and they should all be there.

Thanks! Your idea helped me. Samples don't migrate to Comixology because I just installed the Kindle app, and I have a few of them that I got for buying physical comics. Luckily, I was able to buy comics from the app, and they appeared on Comixology too. Now, my Android device appears in the Amazon site too so all is well.

Fury451

Banned
My goal is under 100$

bf0it7d15nn9vyulfny0cpcyn.602x410x29.gif

Insane sale. Not worth much if you have Marvel Unlimited but if you just want some random collections like Onslaught or Age of Apocalypse, then this is great.

Grabbed the old "What if" collections and Avengers Arena.

For the person asking about Spider-Man Blue both it and Daredevil Yellow are fantastic.

Wanderer5

Is Thanos Quest like a prequel to Infinity Gauntlet?

Yeah pretty much, where Thanos is revived by Death and gets the Infinity gems, thus setting the events of IG in motion. They throw in a quick recap of it in IG, but might as well read it in preparation for that book.

I dont understand the free comic promo. It said pick one, I picked Old Man Logan, it charged me. :|

Edit: nvm, it had already auto applied to my Vision purchase, oops.

Ellis has a solid run, but I think Moon knight by lemire is the best, and is honestly on par with other recent great hits like Vision.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8WLDJA/?tag=neogaf0e-20
41IBXV6mCnL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

warning reading this is like doing drugs for the first time, but don't worry all your questions will be answered as you read.

Your post made me look it up, and yeah Lemires run looks awesome, reminds me of Animal Man, so I got that too.

ZugZug123

Bought Old Man Logan, the rest of Marvel 1602 and all 10 Dark Tower ones. I have the Vision in paperback, 100% recommend at the current sale price. Buy it folks.

Edit: added the Inhumans and Spider Gwen. I have to stop browsing for more stuff -_-'

Top Bottom