• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Triz

Not a problem for me because I don't try to get top 10. It's always been not worth the amount of effort required. And there's not enough people dropping down to legitimately effect people's chances at top 50.

And yes, moving some of the rewards down past 4 clears was a dick move. But that's a separate argument.

6 clears (green check) in CL7 always gave me top 50. Im barely in top 100 right now with same system. I don't even want to know where I would be if this was a new character release with this system.

I did 6 full clears in the first 2 rounds of this PVE, and 5 clears in the last round and there is a good chance I won't get a top 50 >.>

in other thoughts.

who is the best 5* to favorite?

I currently have hawkeye Favorited, as he looks like he could be fun but should i maybe do thanos instead?
or maybe black bolt as I don't have his black at all.

Depends on if you ever plan on leveling them. The thing about 5* is that covers don't really add that much to their powers, levels do. So at 255, Thanos' Court Death only does about 3400 AOE damage at 5 covers (which is only 1300 more than he does at 1 cover), but at 450 it does 14000 damage (enough to kill nearly anything lower than a champed 4 star). Which I why I think you specifically (since I know you're not champing any 5 star anytime soon) are better off doing someone that has more value at 255/270, like Hawkeye or Black Bolt.

6 clears (green check) in CL7 always gave me top 50. Im barely in top 100 right now with same system. I don't even want to know where I would be if this was a new character release with this system.

Damn. Looking at how my CL8 bracket is doing, I'm starting to think most of you would have been better of there for placement. I'm doing 5 and half clears way less than optimally and I'm pretty easily still in the top 50.

zulux21

Depends on if you ever plan on leveling them. The thing about 5* is that covers don't really add that much to their powers, levels do. So at 255, Thanos' Court Death only does about 3400 AOE damage at 5 covers (which is only 1300 more than he does at 1 cover), but at 450 it does 14000 damage (enough to kill nearly anything lower than a champed 4 star). Which I why I think you specifically (since I know you're not champing any 5 star anytime soon) are better off doing someone that has more value at 255/270, like Hawkeye or Black Bolt.

true enough.

that being said if they do change PVE difficulty to only SCL then I might be more motivated to level up a 5*.

looking at them I need two purple hawkeye vs three black black bolt covers so I might as well do hawkeye.

KuroNeeko

Just curious, but what's the best use for CP?

I mean, I imagine they're useful for raw 4★ pulls that can potential get a 2-for-1 if you get a bonus draw or can be used to raise specific covers, but is that only recommended for 4★s and higher?

I'm at 67 or so now and firmly in the 2★ → 3★ transition. My most developed 3★s are Lazy Thor at seven covers, and Doctor Doom, Thanos, and Blade at five.

As I don't really spend on this game, should I consider upping select covers or just shut up and keep doing DDD until I hit the 3★ → 4★ land?

I mean, I imagine they're useful for raw 4★ pulls that can potential get a 2-for-1 if you get a bonus draw or can be used to raise specific covers, but is that only recommended for 4★s and higher?

I'm at 67 or so now and firmly in the 2★ → 3★ transition. My most developed 3★s are Lazy Thor at seven covers, and Doctor Doom, Thanos, and Blade at five.

As I don't really spend on this game, should I consider upping select covers or just shut up and keep doing DDD until I hit the 3★ → 4★ land?

First of all, do not use your CP yet. At the absolute least, don't use it until you start champing 3 star characters.

With that being said, the best use is the legendary tokens, save for about 3-5 3* characters that are good enough that you might want to use it to get the last covers to champ. But to be honest, with bonus covers for 3* being fairly easy to get, I don't even think that's really necessary anymore.

zulux21

It really depends.

in general it is best to save up your CP until you are ready to move fully into 4* land.

that being said there are plenty of times when spending CP on 3* makes sense.

in your case, if you can't regularly finish DDQ (aka you lack a team that can beat the 3* required node no matter who the 3* is, and can't do the node after that) it might not be a horrible idea to spend some CP on some of your better 3* in order to regularly complete those and greatly speed up your 2-3* transition.

beyond that if you have a good character such as oh Thanos who is close to being max level, but you keep pulling covers that aren't what you need, it can be better to spend that 20CP for the last cover you need so that you can champ him and use the other covers you have.

beyond that though it's not a great idea to spend on a 3* as if you save up until you are ready for 4* you will likely be able to just jump right in.

I mean you could easily get 1k CP before you are really ready for the 4*, and with bonus heroes and vaulted stuff you could easily amass a couple near complete 4* that could allow you to jump in fast to 4*.

KuroNeeko

Thanks for the advice! Guess I'll keep stockpiling then! ^^

Beating the 3★ node usually isn't a problem when I actually have Dat Required Character. My 2★s Storm, Mags, Wolverine, Thor, and OBW are usually up to the task.

Spoit

Honestly, at this point, it may be better to just save up a few thousand and skip the 4* transition altogether. If you can hit it when there's 3 actually good 5*s in the latest legends (i.e. Like during the strange/thanos era, NOT with this lame star lord), and stockpile enough to champ all 3 of them, you'd be better positioned than even champing most of the 4*s

zulux21

Honestly, at this point, it may be better to just save up a few thousand and skip the 4* transition altogether. If you can hit it when there's 3 actually good 5*s in the latest legends (i.e. Like during the strange/thanos era, NOT with this lame star lord), and stockpile enough to champ all 3 of them, you'd be better positioned than even champing most of the 4*s

that is likely true as well lol.

in other thoughts friday should be fun.

72 tacos
5 latest legends pulls
12 classic legend pulls.

I burned through about 15 pulls and 100 tacos last Friday and it felt great. I'm a few covers away from several 4*s being fully covered and ready to champ. Sitting on 1.4 million ISO so hopefully will be able to handle it if I get more than one ready to go at a time.

I know you're not champing any 5 star anytime soon) are better off doing someone that has more value at 255/270, like Hawkeye or Black Bolt.

I had just flagged OML as my favorite. Is Black Bolt a better option? I'm obviously years away from champing them. My BB is 1/2/2 and OML is 2/1/1.

zulux21

Not until the season starts.

looks like they have changed now
9nnEObK.png

I wasn't expecting until tomorrow thus my original plans but i guess I can go crazy with my 4* pulls. will post :p

pulls
5* red hawkeye
5* blue hawkeye
5* yellow starlord
red gamora with a bonus black carol. (and yes these are in order those were my 4 latest legends tokens)
black cloak and dagger
red riri
red gamora
purple cloak and dagger
purple colson
purple medusa
5* purple black suit spiderman
5* yellow iron man
green blade
5* green black bolt
yellow agent venom.

so I can't really complain about my 5* rate (though I none of those excite me as none of them hit ones I actually needed to get a new color)

I am sad I didn't finish off my carol, but at least I am only one away.
and sad I didn't get any grocket :/

at least the only cover I need to sell is 4* blade.

Dalek

I had just flagged OML as my favorite. Is Black Bolt a better option? I'm obviously years away from champing them. My BB is 1/2/2 and OML is 2/1/1.

Whenever I read rankings of top 5 stars they list Black Bolt as the best.

This is Xenodragon's rankings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7pUYWijoPN3QWBIsmz0AOXRog/edit#gid=1191727445

His rankings are:
Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
Thanos (The Mad Titan)
Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
Jean Grey (Phoenix)
Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
Black Panther (Civil War)
Silver Surfer (Skyrider)
Spider-Man (Back in Black)
Captain America (First Avenger)
The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

zulux21

Whenever I read rankings of top 5 stars they list Black Bolt as the best.

This is Xenodragon's rankings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7pUYWijoPN3QWBIsmz0AOXRog/edit#gid=1191727445

His rankings are:
Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
Thanos (The Mad Titan)
Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
Jean Grey (Phoenix)
Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
Black Panther (Civil War)
Silver Surfer (Skyrider)
Spider-Man (Back in Black)
Captain America (First Avenger)
The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

I still find it dumb that 3* strange heals your team but 5* doesn't.
but yeah i could see that being the order by looking at them. Hawkeye just looks a bit more fun than the others thus why I decided to focus on him.

Triz

CP and token dump pulls:

Tokens -
Bl4de (champ level)
Green Groot
Green Captain Marvel
Yellow Cloak and Dagger

CP- All from Doc Oc vault No DOCTOR PULLED
Purple Gwenpool
RiRi (Champ level)
Blue Iron Fist
Yellow Coulson
Yellow Groot
Blade (champ level)
Black Captain MArvel
Medusa (champ level)
Red Venom
Blue Iron Fist

Dalek

CP and token dump pulls:

Tokens -
Bl4de (champ level)
Green Groot
Green Captain Marvel
Yellow Cloak and Dagger

CP- All from Doc Oc vault No DOCTOR PULLED
Purple Gwenpool
RiRi (Champ level)
Blue Iron Fist
Yellow Coulson
Yellow Groot
Blade (champ level)
Black Captain MArvel
Medusa (champ level)
Red Venom
Blue Iron Fist

No 5 star? You got my luck, brother.

Spoit

A dozen pulls, 3 5*s (only the black OML being useful, and even then, probably not since I think I still have that one from the daily logins in a month or two). 1 R&G and C&D cover, dupes of mordo and blade on the colors I already had maxed, and a bunch of iron fist covers

NineH

emptied out my cp stash and was able to get a 5* bonus hero. Felt good to have luck shine on me as I got Black Panther then after came the bonus Black Bolt.

Arg. So close to champing 4* Cage and now he's been rotated out.

This is a frustrating system. Was there a warning about it in advance that I missed?

zulux21

Ugh, this clash is way harder than it used to be. The attack tile drain is just too fast

yeah i had to up my venom to level 175 to do it. mine is 4/4/4

did it with yellow and +2 all ap boosts, and 100% match damage bonus.

denying green first, then red, then going after yellow.

Spoit

yeah i had to up my venom to level 175 to do it. mine is 4/4/4

did it with yellow and +2 all ap boosts, and 100% match damage bonus.

denying green first, then red, then going after yellow.

Yeah, I was eventually able to win out of pure luck, after having a game where I manged to save up 18 yellow to do the big punch back to back (and a couple casts of green along the way). 100% luck based though.

Also, I found the meanest team possible in this BFF pvp. Buffed Thing and C4ge. More than 70k HP combined, and no matter who you use powers on, it spawns obnoxiously high value defense tiles every cast. Just one of them alone is super obnoxious to fight, even with Kate's 20k and 15k attacks, since it requires 2 of those AND a good deal of match damage

Dalek

I'm hoarding for the first time this season. It's hard for me but I'm about to get a Venom cover and Professor X cover-neither of them are near 270 and since it takes so long to level up I don't want to waste any other covers. But man I so want to open these tokens...

zulux21

so don't forget to play though today's PVE stuff (swipe left) as the end of the nodes gets you a random howard cover and after that a battle opens for you to get a doc oc token pull.

Triz

so don't forget to play though today's PVE stuff (swipe left) as the end of the nodes gets you a random howard cover and after that a battle opens for you to get a doc oc token pull.

Funny enough, I had 13 pulls with no Doc Oc. The token I got from that node finally gave me him.

zulux21

Funny enough, I had 13 pulls with no Doc Oc. The token I got from that node finally gave me him.

I got gamora. which is fine I would rather have her anyways.

Doc Oc seems like he could be fun to goof around with as long as you have a green cover, but doesn't seem good in general.

Spoit

Yeah, while my rocket is still criminally undercovered, I'm really considering going back into stockpile mode, and waiting for SL and ock to cycle out.

zulux21

Yeah, while my rocket is still criminally undercovered, I'm really considering going back into stockpile mode, and waiting for SL and ock to cycle out.

I'm gonna keep pulling until I get that last carol cover I need.

after that I will figure out what I want to do.

That last cover is a massive damage shift for me.
going from 2 tiles increased by 180 to 3 increased by 420.
will build up things so much faster with that and things already build pretty fast @_@

zulux21

Oh right, I guess I should maybe finish medusa first. She's leaving soon...ish?

the next ones out in order
GwenPool
Bl4de
Agent Venom
Medusa
Captain M4rvel

given my gwenpool is fully covered, I might hold off for a bit after I finish carol.
blade isn't to bad though....

but I need more medusa in general as well.

the next ones out in order
GwenPool
Bl4de
Agent Venom
Medusa
Captain M4rvel

given my gwenpool is fully covered, I might hold off for a bit after I finish carol.
blade isn't to bad though....

but I need more medusa in general as well.

Blade is good, and goes to very good if you pair him with someone that makes red easy to gather/generate (either Cyclops, IM40).

Top Bottom