• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Esports Proposal Leaks (Tourney & DLC Budgets, Top 14 chance, more)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jawmuncher Capcom leaker confirmed.

Jawmuncher works for Capcom confirmed.

Which means not even Jawmuncher can get Regina or Dino Crisis anyware, thus confirmed its status as the SHITIEST FRANCHISE EVER!

Do you hear me Munch? Ill bite your nose off!

Seyavesh

wasn't the rumor that mvci was gonna have its own circuit+event? i feel like i heard yipes say that it wasnt gonna be part of capcom cup or something like that

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
True

Wolverine's probably gonna be his own character later.

That's the part that really worries me.

It sucks for Super Skrull and Doctor Doom fans since they are going to worry about their characters.

Is one man working on the servers for this game like SFV as well? I would hate to have to follow a MvCI network twitter account for updates if the damn online is working.

here

As for online play, the game will use rollback netcode similar to Street Fighter V. Unlike SFV however, Capcom will now be using matchmaking servers from Sony and Microsoft, instead of their own.

Jawmuncher

Which means not even Jawmuncher can get Regina or Dino Crisis anyware, thus confirmed its status as the SHITIEST FRANCHISE EVER!

This is how I rebel against the system. DC ain't shitty capcom just refuses to listen to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Keits‏ @TheKeits 37m37 minutes ago
More
That video that leaked today is a proposal, guys. It isn't an action plan. It isn't whats happening unless it gets all its needed approvals.

Keits would know I guess

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Keits‏ @TheKeits 37m37 minutes ago
More
That video that leaked today is a proposal, guys. It isn't an action plan. It isn't whats happening unless it gets all its needed approvals.

Keits would know I guess

Yeah, it's obvious since they are make a proposal to few companies and trying to set it up for Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite since it's coming out in a month or so. I'm glad that they are trying to make a long-term plan for the game and it might meant more downloadable contents, unlike doomsayers implied otherwise. :p

Also Evidence for it being a proposal so nothing is in stone yet.

47fihPf.png

He's his own worst enemy and it explains why he ran away

Why run if you ain't guilty

crash-14

Yeah, it's obvious since they are make a proposal to few companies and trying to set it up for Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite since it's coming out in a month or so. I'm glad that they are trying to make a long-term plan for the game and it might meant more downloadable contents, unlike doomsayers implied otherwise. :p

Also Evidence for it being a proposal so nothing is in stone yet.

I don't know why the video was uploaded/made public at their youtube page now, but I doubt this hasn't been on the works already.

You can't propose something like this a month to release the game... 2018 plan might not have everything lock (Wizard tweet proves it), but the 2017 plan for sure it is.

I'm not sure if that's correct but I might miss that news but they said.
Well they're most definitely not gonna make NEW netcode for the game as that's completely redundant.

The two options that they have is to either re-use the netcode from SFV and modify it to fit in MvC:I, or to license someone else's netcode (GGPO is the only real option) which would be hella fucking ideal but let's not forget that this is Capcpom and if there's one thing everybody agrees on when talking about this game, it's "low budget".

AAK

I dunno how serious it is for Capcom to leak an official document/management-video for a Disney property... It can't be a good look for future relations.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wasn't the rumor that mvci was gonna have its own circuit+event? i feel like i heard yipes say that it wasnt gonna be part of capcom cup or something like that
Nah,, and if it was, it was definitely FUD over anything credible.

I dunno how serious it is for Capcom to leak an official document/management-video for a Disney property... It can't be a good look for future relations.
It's a proposal, not anything official or definitive. Still a bad look, but not *that* serious.

mas8705

Pretty sure that this would be discussed with those within Disney who would choose to allow this or not. Part of me would like to think that if we had Smash 4 and SFV shown on ESPN and Disney XD, the decision makers would see the value of possibly making MvC:I a possible eSport.

Wishful thinking, but if this leads to bigger things for both eSports and MvC:I (including additional characters that won't make the initial cut), I'm willing to wish the proposal the luck to succeed.

Top Bottom