• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

I'll believe it when I see it. Not having Wolverine in the game Day 1 is complete nonsense.

Let's take the second most popular Marvel character behind Spiderman,
who has been in 100% of the MvC games, and just not add him. But then sell him later. Genius idea from Disney right there. Certainly won't affect sales at all.

What year are you from where that's true? Can I go there with you

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'll believe it when I see it. Not having Wolverine in the game Day 1 is complete nonsense.

Let's take the second most popular Marvel character behind Spiderman, who has been in 100% of the MvC games, and just not add him. But then sell him later. Genius idea from Disney right there. Certainly won't affect sales at all.

Iron Man is confirmed for the game, though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Let's take the second most popular Marvel character behind Spiderman, who has been in 100% of the MvC games, and just not add him. But then sell him later. Genius idea from Disney right there. Certainly won't affect sales at all.

I too miss the 90s Ballado :(

Tirael

If Wolverine and Magneto are DLC due to dumb corporate politics that's going to annoy a lot of people. Core MvC characters cut from the roster to be sold off as DLC.

Wow, that would be a shitty move, a game company cutting out a major portion of a game and selling it as DLC.

Asura's_Wrath_Cover_Art.png

nachum00

Haggar is the best grappler choice, in my opinion. He's an iconic Capcom character that reps his own series. Kinda hate seeing all these roster lists without him on it, especially when they replace him with some other grappler like Alex or something.
Nah. Put Haggar in season 3 of SF5. MVCI needs a Saturday Night Slam Masters rep for the capcom grappler. What I want from Capcom is more obscure characters from games like Rival Schools, Cyberbots, Slam Masters, Plasma Sword, Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Ghosttrick, Darkstalkers etc. The less returning characters from mvc3 the better.

vg260

Haggar was my boy in MvC3 so it'd be great to see him return but I'd also be fine with it if he doesn't just because I'd feel an obligation to play him and not experiment with other characters.

But yooo if Gene from God Hand was in the game, a Haggar/Gene team would be so hype.

I'm hoping Haggar sits out, and is one of the season 2 "new" characters in SFV instead. He's long overdue in SF.

vg260

Doesn't that game already have Zangief? I don't see the point of including both of them.

Yes, it has Zangief. SFV has plenty of room for him. They can play differently even if they fall under the same general archetype.

No way is he a season 2 character for SFV. leave Cody and Guy for SF, Leave Haggar for Marvel

Nah, flip them this time. Let's see those two in Marvel.

CydonianKnight

Neo Member
I see a lot of lists with people picking Black Bolt as the Inhuman representative for this game. While I think that would be pretty sweet, I'd go as far to say that Karnak as a rushdown style character would be the better pick.

Exactly, let Haggar sit this one out

Don't forget Nash and Guile
Nash now has a completely different style of play than Guile though. The only real comparison between them at this point is that they both have a strong fireball game and that they both use Sonic booms.

Lulubop

Azam is a lock for season 2 and he'll fit the role as other heavy still grappler and can differentiate him from gief for than they can with Haggar. Put Haggar in sf and he's way to similar to gief, put him in marvel and it's way more creative freedom. And no I don't need Cody and Guy taking up 2 slots on an already limited roaster

nachum00

Nash now has a completely different style of play than Guile though. The only real comparison between them at this point is that they both have a strong fireball game and that they both use Sonic booms.
Yeah and what makes you think they wouldn't change up Haggar?

OmegaFax

There's the possibility female representation on Marvel's side from the Thor series. Sif, Hela or maybe even that female Thor featured recently.

Howard the Duck and Machine Man seem like good candidates. Neither have been in the MvC fighting series before, I don't think. Odin would be kind of cool, same with Loki. War Machine is probably going to come back as a standalone character + the Iron Patriot as his alt costume swap.

Eh, could see Capcom go completely nuts with DLC costumes if they wanted to. Just the number of variations that have graced comic covers over the years, the movies, and just Iron Man's different armors alone ... it's hard not to think about.

My completely crackpot roster choice (which would itself require extra licensing) would be Ash Williams on the Marvel side (since he was in the Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness crossover).

Yeah and what makes you think they wouldn't change up Haggar?
Not saying that they can't change him up, just saying that it's unlikely.

Haggar's main thing is grappling. At best, they can make him a slow and hard hitting character with a command grab.

But why do that when there's already Birdie, A big slow character with hard hitting normals and high damage and a command grab, as well as Zangief who is the most grappli-est of them all.

Again, he can definitely show up but I don't think he'll show up for S2.

Plus there's also the fact that Ryu, Ken and Akuma are all fan favourites. Guile is also a fan favourite. Haggar is less popular than those characters who are almost considered the representatives for the series.

EDIT: So I suppose I kinda agree with you on the Season 3 stuff. Though my dream is that SF5 gets one Slam Masters character while MVC:I gets another.

Anth0ny

Let's take the second most popular Marvel character behind Spiderman
, who has been in 100% of the MvC games, and just not add him. But then sell him later. Genius idea from Disney right there. Certainly won't affect sales at all.

Marvel current popularity list:

1. Iron Man
2. Spider-Man
3. Captain America
4. Deadpool
5. Hulk
6. Thor
7. Rocket Raccoon
8. Wolverine I guess?

it's not the 90s anymore, bub. Wolverine isn't as huge now as we like to think.

Seyavesh

And yet despite how broken XvSF was it was way more neutral heavy than Marvel 3. Funny how that works out huh? Even on GGPO playing against people who use macros i still had way more fun playing neutral in that game than I ever did in MvC3 and UMvC3.
haha, sure pal.
i think we're irreconcilable on this so i'll leave it that- i'm pretty sure my opinions vs yours here are exact opposites, haha

man i really hope they bring back unique theme team supers like double shinkuu though- its probably too much effort with a huge cast but its so fucking cool

edit also cyke with all his air normals intact and his meaga fucked up jhp

vg260

Azam is a lock for season 2 and he'll fit the role as other heavy still grappler and can differentiate him from gief for than they can with Haggar. Put Haggar in sf and he's way to similar to gief, put him in marvel and it's way more creative freedom. And no I don't need Cody and Guy taking up 2 slots on an already limited roaster

I can't agree with the bolded, given that they have more freedom to be creative with unique V-skills and V-trigger for each character than in previous SFs. It's not like Haggar has an SF move set defined yet. That argument would have more basis if he'd been in SF already and played the same. Again, if they take make Nash, who was almost identical to Guile before, much more unique now, they can do the same with Haggar.

Also, Haggar has a pipe. Zangief does not. How that is implemented in-game could make a big difference between them.

Spinky

Do want:

Marvel:
X-23
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Daredevil
Ghost Rider (Reyes or Blaze will be fine)
Gambit
Carnage to please my inner edgelord

Capcom:
Wesker
Leon
Juri
Regina
The Merchant
Jack Baker A.K.A. Family Man

Those last two are very important.

Make it happen, Capcom. I'll buy it at a high price.

Kyonashi

This artstyle is soooo much better than the horrid MvC3 tacky comic-book style. Looks great.

As far as characters go, I'll buy it if Phoenix Wright comes back. If not, meh, I can probably stick with SFV.

Playsage

By how people describe Gwenpool, I'd say it would be better to have her as an extra in the tutorials, training mode and character missions that reached you how to play and the match-ups

_Legacy_

I'd gladly have Jessica Jones over She-Hulk, just to freshen it up a little. Although I guess their movesets possibly wouldn't be that far apart. Another female I'd like to see is Black Widow.

Playsage

I'd gladly have Jessica Jones over She-Hulk, just to freshen it up a little. Although I guess their movesets possibly wouldn't be that far apart. Another female I'd like to see is Black Widow.
Black Widow is pretty much guaranteed. She can borrow part of C. Viper's moveset

manakel

Ingrid would be an SF rep no? Idk how I feel about that on a limited roster lol.
Lol I'm not sure if she would technically be considered a SF rep since she was originally supposed to make her debut in the cancelled Capcom Fighting Allstars game, but instead made it in Capcom Fighting Evolution or whatever it was called.

You're talking about Street Fighter, right

I thought Zangief was sort of just a carbon copy of Haggar, who was planned to be in SF2 before they decided they wanted a Russian wrestler character as the grabbler and they put in Guile as the USA rep.

I dunno, I know SF has Ken and Akuma and all that, but I never really saw Capcom putting both Haggar and Zangief together in the same game.

Top Bottom