• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Btw, I think there is a real possibility for Vergil or even Dante to be later add-on as DLCs instead of being available in the base game.

PSqueak

Banned
Would you want Gert or Chase working with Old Lace or do you just want Old Lace by herself?

Gert giving her orders but otherwise Old Lace being the actual fighter would be pretty cool.

If it was Chase tho, Chase would be his own character with some Old Lace based moves, since Chase's gimmick was the fistigons.

Groot and Rocket as separate characters is like adding individual members of the Fantastic Four.

Well, we gotta take in account Rocket would be a veteran, so either is them as separate characters or Groot as part of Rocket's moveset. I think most people would like Stand Alone Groot.

Neoxon

Star Lord with Drax/Gamora
Groot
Rocket

Book it.
It's likely either this or Rocket/Groot together. Though I could see us also getting Gamora on her own in addition to Star-Lord to appease female Guardians fans if they lump Rocket & Groot together.

Groot and Rocket as separate characters is like adding individual members of the Fantastic Four.
Well Polygon named Groot (and Ant Man) as playable characters, so I went with that.

Btw, I think there is a real possibility for Vergil or even Dante to be later add-on as DLCs instead of being available in the base game.
DMC4 based Dante and Nero for the base game.
4SE Vergil/Trish as DLC.

Goodstyle

F.A.N.G/Wesker would be the ultimate team. Wesker would do his famous "2 on 2" line in a match intro, and FANG would hop around all happy like.

Sunglasses wearing evil scientists Capcom, let's go!

DMC4 based Dante and Nero for the base game.
4SE Vergil/Trish as DLC.
Would love to see Nero in the game, but there is no way that they choose him over sons of Sparda as rep for the base game IF they have reps from DMC in the base version to begin with.

I think the most likely situation is DMC3 Dante as DMC rep and then Vergil as a DLC character when/if they announce DMC5.

They'll have Wolverine but a) massively nerfed and b) he looks like this:

1tDZWHw.jpg

TreIII

Just wanted to say that I want MCU Punisher in this game. That's all.

Well, maybe not all. Also, would love to see a Temen-Ni-Gru stage.

Punisher is another one on my "extended shortlist" of who I'd like to see show up in a MvC.

And you'd think Capcom would want to do something with him too, considering Punisher was the star of the very first Marvel-Capcom game. It's been time to make things come full circle!

TAFK

So any bets on when the next group of characters is revealed?
Han solo reveal on rogue one day? /s

pizzacat

Banned
They did that for the MvC3 games, so I don't see the problem.
Because MvC art used to be 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Bengus drew the marvel characters better than the marvel artists will ever do

And then mvc3 came out 😷

Thores

Would you want Gert or Chase working with Old Lace or do you just want Old Lace by herself?
Yes.

Seriously, I would love either of those options. Though Old Lace on her own would probably make more sense from a moveset standpoint. Chase and especially Gert didn't really do much fighting, they just relied on their dinosaur.

One of them as a background character cheering Old Lace on while she's on the field would be my favorite choice.

It's likely either this or Rocket/Groot together. Though I could see us also getting Gamora on her own in addition to Star-Lord to appease female Guardians fans if they lump Rocket & Groot together.

Plot twist: Guardians vol2 comes out and Mantis is really popular. :p

Punisher is another one on my "extended shortlist" of who I'd like to see show up in a MvC.

And you'd think Capcom would want to do something with him too, considering Punisher was the star of the very first Marvel-Capcom game. It's been time to make things come full circle!
Yeah, I really hope they give Punisher another go. IIRC he is supposed to get his own Netflix spin-off series, so Marvel obviously recognizes his popularity.

Dante as DLC? Pls, Sparda, bro, what are you smoking?
I imagine Capcom wants to get this game out pretty soon. So, the Capcom side will most likely be a rehash of what they already have available. (moveset and animation wise). So, IF they indeed want to add DMC5 Dante and/or Vergil as DMC rep, then they need more time to build them up from scratch. Hence making them DLC characters.

Though as I said, the most likely scenario is DMC3 Dante in base version and then DMC5 Vergil as DLC.

I would expect Vergil back on the base roster because he's basically to UMvC3 what characters like Sentinel were to MvC2, and Vergil is a major DmC character instead of filler on top of that.

I guess ultimately it depends on what Capcom decides to do with DMC reps. If they wanna use this opportunity to promote a possible DMC5, then I don't think they'll be able to put them in the base game. Because not only they would need to make them from scratch, but also it just seems weird to have DMC5 characters (and their moveset) in another game, before DMC5 itself is out.

But If they decide to stick with DMC3 versions, then yeah. We'll probably see both Dante and Vergil in the base game.

Zaverious

Like I said I think Punisher will be DLC as one of those characters that are really popular but aren't "required" in the core roster so he can get Capcom and Marvel a lot of money. Dante will for sure be back but I think that the 2nd DMC character will either be Vergil or Nero with the other being DLC. I would like Dante to be based on his DMC4 moveset but it'll most likely be based on his MvC3/DMC3 moveset.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why would people want Venom to come back from MVC1/MVC2? His moveset is kinda flat and boring right now because there are so many characters with more interesting and unique movesets, along with newcomers potentially bring something new to the table.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy playing as Venom long time ago but I just realized how simple his moveset was when I played MVC2 again recently.

Supast4r

X is in, hope to see Zero and Frank West return. X-Men DLC? Cyclops and I'm VERY happy.

Everything else is gravy, I assume we'll see more Guardians characters in addition to MCU Avengers. Some more Spider-Man representation would be nice.

Hope to see a large portion of UMvC3 characters ported over, would be a shame to lose any of them.
Why are people hoping for frank whack? He just got a game release. He is all but guaranteed for this game. It's like asking for Spider-Man to be in the game.

Dahbomb

Dante as DLC?

Don't make me god damn laugh. Dude is going to be showcased at E3 or before.

Vergil as DLC is almost a sure thing at this point. It's practically tradition... like Akuma in a VS game.

Pejo

Gold Member
I really want Wesker and Amaterasu back, but I'd also like to see Capcom dig deeper into their roster. For instance, I hope a MonHun character makes it in (read - not a Palico). Also maybe Mercedes from Dragon's Dogma, or a Breath of Fire character.

Above all though, please get Asura in there.

Dante as DLC?

Don't make me god damn laugh. Dude is going to be showcased at E3 or before.

Vergil as DLC is almost a sure thing at this point. It's practically tradition... like Akuma in a VS game.
So let me ask you this then. Which Dante will be in the base game? DMC5 or DMC3?

And when I say DMC5, I don't mean a simple re-skin. A complete character with new moveset and weapons and all that.

Anyone else disappointed that they've gone with this semi realistic look for the Marvel costumes? It kind of mimics the movie looks but doesnt quite do it and just looks awful, like something NRS would do. They also reduced Morrigans breast size and Cpt Marvels not really packing much there either. Looks like the game is going to pander to SJWs too much as well. Modern Marvel :(

What in the world...?

I forget how young Gaf skews and these posts remind me.

It reminds me of a post I saw on GameFAQs many years ago (I think it was around the time the PS2 port of MvC2 came out). And I remember seeing someone go nuts over how hot Felicia's MvC2 art was. Like it was THE hottest thing he'd ever seen (with Chun-Li being the runner up) and he was in love. All I could think of is how tame the artwork looks compared to other stuff out there. I don't know why I remembered that.

Dante and Vergil won't be in this game
DMC5 isn't real

Please enjoy DmC2, coming exclusively to Apple TV in 2018

Capcom did say they wanted to bring back dead franchises. A Devil May Cry Mobile game would be a great addition to their library. Tap to do combos.

Top Bottom