• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

PSqueak

Banned
The final boss has to be Thanos with all of the Infinity Stones right?

I know there was the Ultron/Sigma fusion tease...but the whole theme of the game centers around the Infinity Stones.

What do you guys think? And if Thanos is the final boss, what role does Ultron/Sigma play then? Sub-boss?

Well, what im thinking is.

Sigma and Ultron will be separate playable characters. In story mode they'll fuse into an unplayable boss.

Thanos will be either playable and involved in the story mode or playable with a powered up boss form but not necessarily the final boss.

The entire basis of the game is the mesh between Capcom and Marvel. The final boss won't be exclusively from one side or the other.

We're actually in due for a Capcom final boss.

Maybe, since they went from Abyss in MVC2 (capcom original) to Yami in TVC (Okami final boss) to Galactus in MVC3 (Marvel), so it's actually another Marvel final boss or a Capcom final Boss.

Shadoken

SMH.... People think Dante wont be in the game? He is literally Capcom's most popular character after Megaman and Ryu.

Dante is a lock in. Unless they suddenly reveal DMC5 with some other main character , in which case that main character might be in and maybe Dante is DLC. And even then that is reaching.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had Yami from Okami as the last boss. One of the most infuriating and obnoxious fighting game bosses ever.

Dahbomb

Too bad Ryu wont be making it into the game.
Yeah. RIP in peace BoF Ryu.

9addc1ec14307417d3b245e0beb20d69.jpg

Half expecting Sigma fusion to use the infinity gems when backed into a corner, only for Thanos to come from behind like "lol no"

I think it'd be cool to switch it up and have a Capcom end boss. Cyber-Akuma with the Infinity Gauntlet lol.

I think that would be sweet too. That would work with their design too, a blend of both worlds. Seems like we already know how this ends up though...

I love TvC Roll actually.

TvC Roll is hilarious and should be in every Capcom Vs. fighter tbh.

Helps that she's actually fun to use there, too.

I like you guys

The final boss has to be Thanos with all of the Infinity Stones right?

I know there was the Ultron/Sigma fusion tease...but the whole theme of the game centers around the Infinity Stones.

What do you guys think? And if Thanos is the final boss, what role does Ultron/Sigma play then? Sub-boss?

Just a guess based off someone else's post I saw here

Round 1: Sigma/Ultron tag team
Round 2: Sigma/Ultron Fusion
Round 3 Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet

Remember how the Galactus felt unfinished like there was supposed to be a third round but it didn't happen?

Either that or they could do something akin to CvS and have certain bosses based off certain conditions. I dunno, having at least 2 rounds to the final boss seems like a mainstay to the VS series with the only exception being X-Men vs SF.

Looking back

XvSF: Just Apocalypse
MSHvSF: Apocalypse then Cyber Akuma
MvC: Onslaught then Giant Onslaught
MvC2: Abyss in Armor > Green Slime > Large Muck Beast
TvC: Yami's 3 forms ala Okami
MvC3: Team of Heralds > Galactus

Coda

SMH.... People think Dante wont be in the game? He is literally Capcom's most popular character after Megaman and Ryu.

Dante is a lock in. Unless they suddenly reveal DMC5 with some other main character , in which case that main character might be in and maybe Dante is DLC. And even then that is reaching.

I feel like Dante will be the only DMC character added to the roster. Maybe Vergil or Lady via DLC but we'll see.

So scratch this up to a maybe.

But I was on facebook and swear I saw an ad for MVC that said breaking news, the game will have 40+ im assuming characters. I was reading it as I was refreshing the page so I can't get it to show again, and it's not on the Marvel or Capcom pages.

So take that with a grain of salt maybe it was a fake facebook page. But I found it curious enough to post.

Did it mention Regina?

MADGAME

What does everyone think think the final roster count will be when it's all said and done? I'm talking lifetime here, not initial release.

What does everyone think think the final roster count will be when it's all said and done? I'm talking lifetime here, not initial release.

Depends, it's a little too early to say.

I just hope they keep supporting this game for as long as possible, that's all. Years and years of character DLC would be sublime. It's what Capcom wants to do with SFV apparently.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If Roll shows up I really hope it's exe roll. I hate the roll in MVC2 and TVC

Roll in TVC is amazing. I know people hating on her because she's a small character which they found it obnoxious to face against.

Get her back in MVC:I so I could make people crying again.

Ryce

I'm expecting the largest roster in franchise history (56+). UMvC3 would have had 58 characters if the dev cycle wasn't cut short.

I'll be conservative and say 52?

32 base roster
3 DLC "seasons" of 6 characters
2 promo characters to be used for season pass/other fuckery

game is 1 year away. we ownt hear about or get dlc for another year and half to 2 years probably.

get your priorities straight ppl :p

If it's anything like SFV, then expect it right off the bat. Which I'd be fine with.

I'm part of the problem, but I want my big ass roster that passes MvC2.

Shadoken

Personally I dont want Sigma or Ultron as characters.

I want the final boss fight to be 3 Phases , with same health kinda like MvC2 or MMX Sigma boss fight.
Ultron Boss fight then Sigma Boss fight followed by Sigmatron as an OP af KOF style final boss character.

As for Other Villains from Capcom I could see Bison or Shadow Charlie ( could be Wesker Replacement with his Teleport style gameplay ). I think Leon might make it in this time from the RE side.

I always did appreciate how in TVC, they took Roll and actually gave her a proper real moveset instead of being a joke version of Mega Man like in MVC2.

Meanwhile, in Smash Bros., Ganondorf is still a Captain Falcon semi-clone, over 15 years later.

Top Bottom