• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Dinjoralo

I really hope Pheonix Wright makes it in, taking a few cues from Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. I don't know what those cues might be... but I want them!

nachum00

I really hope Pheonix Wright makes it in, taking a few cues from Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. I don't know what those cues might be... but I want them!
Man not to sound rude. But I hate AA5 and AA6 and hope nothing from those games makes it in.
Make Phoenix a character with a lot of assists. Godot comes out and throws a coffee mug, Franziska comes out and uses her whip. Stuff like that.

Dremark

Banned
Iron Man is confirmed for the game, though

I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Man was number one and either Spiderman or Captain America was number 2 at this point to be honest.

Having said that I still think Wolverine is still rather popular but not to the extent he once was.

Franziska and Godot could be separate characters doe =O

Godot's entire style is based around coffee.

Optic Coffee Blast, who needs Cyclops?

If we ended up with anything AA5/6 related it could only be Blackquill, with his invisible sword swipes, hawk lobbing and cuff breaking antics.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There's the possibility female representation on Marvel's side from the Thor series. Sif, Hela or maybe even that female Thor featured recently.

well, there is Valkyrie. She suppose to make her debut in upcoming movie: Thor: Ragnarok so you could rooting for her too.

Iron Man wasn't in XSF, MSF or MvC1 for vs games.

Wolverine was in every marvel game starting with X-Men COTA.

Well, they meant Iron Man is more popular than Wolverine now because Marvel went mainstream with Avengers. So I think Avengers itself become bigger brand than X-Men right now, unlike 90s.

Anth0ny

I can't imagine Kingpin super jumping without looking really dumb.

think of some of the larger characters who look really dumb super jumping

it's fine. it's mahvel.

after his role in daredevil, it would be a shame if Kingpin doesn't make it in. he's the best villain in the MCU.

phaonaut

Marvel current popularity list:

1. Iron Man
2. Spider-Man
3. Captain America
4. Deadpool
5. Hulk
6. Thor
7. Rocket Raccoon
8. Wolverine I guess?

it's not the 90s anymore, bub. Wolverine isn't as huge now as we like to think.

Did you make this list up? I don't doubt wolverine is less popular, but behind thor and rocket seems like a stretch.

edit: here is marvels list, but I think this is based on comic sales

http://marvel.com/characters/list/994/top_marvel_heroes

comic vine
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...top-100-marvel-charactersand-then-some/20472/

ranker
http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-l...perheroes?format=GRID&action=tab&type=comment

Neoxon

Did you make this list up? I don't doubt wolverine is less popular, but behind thor and rocket seems like a stretch.
Sadly, there are kids who love Avengers/Guardians/Spider-Man don't know who Wolverine is. My own cousin was one of them until I educated her on the X-Men & Fantastic Four.

Lothars

Marvel current popularity list:

1. Iron Man
2. Spider-Man
3. Captain America
4. Deadpool
5. Hulk
6. Thor
7. Rocket Raccoon
8. Wolverine I guess?

it's not the 90s anymore, bub. Wolverine isn't as huge now as we like to think.
I would like to see actual proof of your list. I mean I am not surprised if wolverine is less popular but I don't believe he's so far some of those.

Neoxon

For reference, my little cousin typically reads Ms. Marvel (Kamala), DnA's run of Guardians, Avengers, the various Rocket/Groot books, Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, the current Ultimates, Captain Marvel, & now Champions. She wants to get into the new Nova run this Wednesday, too.

GotG is my favorite Marvel movie, but three characters seems like a bit much so I really hope that bit of info from Ryce means Rocket and Groot fight as a team. Rocket was actually super disappointing for me in Ultimate because people hyping him up before his official gameplay reveal kept showing panels of him teaming up with Groot, but Groot was nowhere to be seen in the final product.

Rocket/Groot and Star Lord just seems right.

I think we're overlooking two very possible inclusions that are very likely to be included in the MCU soon

Daredevil S3
Bullseye

and
From Thor Ragnarok
Enchantress and Executioner (he's confirmed, she's not)

Amora's sister Lorelei works too I guess (she was on agents of shield)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
game is 1 year away. we ownt hear about or get dlc for another year and half to 2 years probably.

get your priorities straight ppl :p

J-Tier

If there is a X-Men DLC pack I hope they mix it up. We all know Wolverine is a shoe in, but I'd like some variety.
It'll probably sell best if it were just Wolverine, Storm, Mags, Dr. Doom, Deadpool and Sentinel though.

Edit: I suppose Cyclops, Cable, Psylocke and Gambit too.

Doubt Phoenix or Super Skrull would entice the casual player though.

It'll probably sell best if it were just Wolverine, Storm, Mags, Dr. Doom, Deadpool and Sentinel though.
This is what I'm expecting. I'd imagine any Fox characters we get are basically just getting in because they were in old games/legacy

Skrull too hopefully.

"Dark Age of the Law" hyper combo?

Y'all know Blackquill should be playable though. That way Phoenix can focus on old trilogy.

Thores

Most Wanted Returning Characters:
1. Phoenix Wright
2. She-Hulk
3. Shuma Gorath
4. Venom
5. Captain Commando

Most Wanted Marvel Newcomers:
1. Doctor Octopus
2. Squirrel Girl
3. Any Runaway (Especially Nico Minoru, Molly Hayes, or Old Lace)

Most Wanted Capcom Newcomers:
1. Dr. Wily
2. A Monster Hunter Stories kid riding a Monster
3. Hakan

I like weird, goofy characters with unique movesets so I mostly just hope that MvCI's roster has plenty of that to offer. As long as I get that in at least some form, I'm happy.

Also the list of characters I want is nearly 100% different than the list of characters I expect. I'm already aware of how absurd Hakan's chances are.

Most Wanted Returning Characters:
1. Phoenix Wright
2. She-Hulk
3. Shuma Gorath
4. Venom
5. Captain Commando

Most Wanted Marvel Newcomers:
1. Doctor Octopus
2. Squirrel Girl
3. Any Runaway (Especially Nico Minoru, Molly Hayes, or Old Lace)

Most Wanted Capcom Newcomers:
1. Dr. Wily
2. A Monster Hunter Stories kid riding a Monster
3. Hakan

I like weird, goofy characters with unique movesets so I mostly just hope that MvCI's roster has plenty of that to offer. As long as I get that in at least some form, I'm happy.

Also the list of characters I want is nearly 100% different than the list of characters I expect. I'm already aware of how absurd Hakan's chances are.

Would you want Gert or Chase working with Old Lace or do you just want Old Lace by herself?

Neoxon

GotG is my favorite Marvel movie, but three characters seems like a bit much so I really hope that bit of info from Ryce means Rocket and Groot fight as a team. Rocket was actually super disappointing for me in Ultimate because people hyping him up before his official gameplay reveal kept showing panels of him teaming up with Groot, but Groot was nowhere to be seen in the final product.

Rocket/Groot and Star Lord just seems right.
I'd have to agree. If technical limits prevented the Rocket/Groot team-up before, hopefully that won't be an issue now. Plus I REALLY want Star-Lord as his own character (cue avatar-quoting).

Zubz

Banned
Even without the X-Men/Doom, a low-30s roster means we're getting crazy amounts of cuts. I can see us only getting Ryu, Chun, and either Juri, Viper, Rashid, or Akuma from SF, and DS just getting Morrigan.

I'm also disappointed because those 6-10 DOC fighters won't just be X-Men and Doom. My guess is that we get Wolverine, Doom, Deadpool, Magneto, and Storm, with 5 Capcom characters held back for the sake of parity.

Also, I remember someone suggested Rathalos had a good shot; is there anything backing that up?

10 bucks the Guardian get Captain Commano'd with Star Lord.

I'd almost be willing to take that; Rocket got into UMvC3 before he was even relevant, and Groot's a common name in the rumor mill.

Just wanted to say that I want MCU Punisher in this game. That's all.

Well, maybe not all. Also, would love to see a Temen-Ni-Gru stage.

Even without the X-Men/Doom, a low-30s roster means we're getting crazy amounts of cuts. I can see us only getting Ryu, Chun, and either Juri, Viper, Rashid, or Akuma from SF, and DS just getting Morrigan.

I'm also disappointed because those 6-10 DOC fighters won't just be X-Men and Doom. My guess is that we get Wolverine, Doom, Deadpool, Magneto, and Storm, with 5 Capcom characters held back for the sake of parity.

Also, I remember someone suggested Rathalos had a good shot; is there anything backing that up?
Is viper popular? I don't know why but I think she might be cut.

eggandI

Banned
Imagine a Runaways DLC pack 😩👌💋
X-Factor DLC pack 😮👏🏃🏾💯

Top Bottom