• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - Gameplay Trailer 2 (Ultron, Chun-Li, Hulk, Chris and +)

OsirisBlack

Banned
I need my statues and infinity stones. Amazon don't screw me and put it up when I'm at work

Always slacking

The statues look great but the infinity gem replicas made this an auto purchase. Waiting on that Thanos and Asura reveal. Come on capcom.

Side note this is the second day we have had the collectors edition available for pre order. It's $50 in store or you can just order it on the webstore. It's not charged until it's processed to be shipped same as amazon.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Just need my boy doctor strange back and I'm solid

Yea I had an oddball 3Rd team in umvc3 Strange Dormammu and Vergil. I hope both strange and Dormammu make it back in. But unless they don't make the cut or they are trash tier Thanos and Asura will be my go to team. Hell it there trash tier there gonna be my troll team.

Infinite

Yeah, nah, I'm pretty sick of Zero. With X AND Sigma both in, the X series is plenty repped as is. If we're gonna get another Megaman character, let's get one from another subseries, like Protoman or Dr. Wily or hell, let's give a robot master like Cutman or Gutsman their chance in the spotlight. And that's only the classic Megaman subseries.

Outside of the Megaman series, I'm also on the Gene train for Capcom. Asura's great, but Gene's been waiting longer, and having him would finally complete the Clover trio.

I personally want megaman zero's Zero but some of the other megaman characters like protoman or bass can get some love too

Yea I had an oddball 3Rd team in umvc3 Strange Dormammu and Vergil. I hope both strange and Dormammu make it back in. But unless they don't make the cut or they are trash tier Thanos and Asura will be my go to team. Hell it there trash tier there gonna be my troll team.
Damn we had the same team except I liked iron man instead of dormamnu

FSLink

Banned
Yeah, nah, I'm pretty sick of Zero. With X AND Sigma both in, the X series is plenty repped as is. If we're gonna get another Megaman character, let's get one from another subseries, like Protoman or Dr. Wily or hell, let's give a robot master like Cutman or Gutsman their chance in the spotlight. And that's only the classic Megaman subseries.

Outside of the Megaman series, I'm also on the Gene train for Capcom. Asura's great, but Gene's been waiting longer, and having him would finally complete the Clover trio.

I'd want Roll. Bucket + Tag shenanigans could be fun, and healing super with X.

For Marvel: Ant Man, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel

For Capcom: A Street Fighter V rep(betting on Rashido), Asura, Baboo from MML

Absolutely confident.

When did Doom summon droids to help him? He looks like he'll play very differently.
Holy shit. You're absolutely confident in Baboo from Megaman Legends? That babbling robot on Bonnes' team? You are a GafGawd in predictions if that ends up being true

JediLink

otherwise the ui actually displays a bunch of relevant information really quickly; you can immediately tell what characters are available for assist calling, what assists they have, whether the other guy has XF and how much meter they have without having to lose track of the match.

morrigan's team is shadow blade, dante crystal and jill somersault kick
iron man's team is repulsor blast, cap's shield slash and she-hulk's somersault kick
in knowing their assists you also know their THC option as well without having them ever do it or call their assist b/c it changes based on assists.
I had no idea you could tell the assists from the HUD. Is it supposed to be the background colour of the portrait (pink = alpha, blue = beta, green = gamma)? If so does anyone actually memorise which assists correspond to which colour/letter?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm going to make a thread about the control/accessibility updates since that might appeal to people who wouldn't normally go into a gameplay thread.

Are there any previews people really want to ensure are included? I'm going with Eurogamer and Kotaku otherwise.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm going to make a thread about the control/accessibility updates since that might appeal to people who wouldn't normally go into a gameplay thread.

Are there any previews people really want to ensure are included? I'm going with Eurogamer and Kotaku otherwise.
Can't remember if the GI article had accessibility stuff in it specifically, but it's the most informative RE: details about the game specifically.

Tyaren

Yes. The tech is like whatyearisit.gif.

Imo it is more about the art/design than the pure tech. The game's visual design looks uninspired and bland (and sometimes outright cheap), in comparison to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, which had a cool, distinctive look with its outlines and comic shaders. Pumping more polygons, better textures etc. in your game doesn't bring you far if the artistic aspect is lacking.

LakeEarth

2017, but without artistic talent.

This is what happens when you have good tools but poor technique.

I dunno, I think a tweak to the lighting system would do wonders. As it is right now, it's just really ... flat.

IGN: 22 Hyper Moves in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. All from existing footage, but it's nice that it's compiled.

I liked the old Gamma Crush, but I like Gamma Wave and Gamma Quake better this time around.

I made a comment about recycled animations in the SF5 OT, and someone harped at me that I was wrong. But jeez, so many of those look straight out of UMvC3.

I made a comment about recycled animations in the SF5 OT, and someone harped at me that I was wrong. But jeez, so many of those look straight out of UMvC3.
They weren't harping at you about that, about thinking that even reusing assets is just a copy and paste job.

Even the animations that are being reused still have to be retooled and rebalanced to fit this game. It's more effort than people think.

Seyavesh

I had no idea you could tell the assists from the HUD. Is it supposed to be the background colour of the portrait (pink = alpha, blue = beta, green = gamma)? If so does anyone actually memorise which assists correspond to which colour/letter?

yep.

it's easy to memorize for common chars where the assist is actually diff- i listed all the ones i did off straight memory bc ive got way too much exp w the damn game.

the main one to remember it on is doom since he's on 99% of people teams.

purple = plasma beam
green = hidden missiles
blue = rocks

it goes purple, green, blue in terms of alpha/beta/gamma order on the screen which is how i end up remembering most of that shit

rule of thumb is that purple assists are the most commonly used, while blues are weirdo/specialized ones- vajra, morrigan/frank/ammy meter assist, mags forcefield, dorm spell, etc. are all blue

Pompadour

Well, MvCI is clearly recycling animations whereas lots of animations of the same moves are noticeably different between SF4 and SFV. Shit like Ryu's cr.MK or cr.HK are different when comparing the two games so it's hard to believe they'd recycle shit if they aren't recycling the stuff most people wouldn't even notice.

Not that I have an issue with recycling animations. Tekken does it every game and the MvC series was built on recycled assets. I'm glad they're recycling assets here if it means the big rosters that MvC games are known for.

shaowebb

If all of my old team were in mvci and I wanted to try em it's probably way more usable now. Ironfist and Arthur with Time stone tleports for movement and mixups would be dope. Arthur for mixups and zoning, Ironfist for the hot tag pressure and damage. I could see running that duo again.

RRockman

Banned

I need Geo Stelar and Omega-xis NOW. Probably the most OP Megaman to date.

striderzer0

Neo Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z2MmkEwsQI

I made this video about a few things that I noticed in the most recent gameplay videos that no one else seems to be talking about.

Hopefully someone can clarify some things like
  • if the counter switch is only when in danger + 2 meters or when ever you have 2 bars and arent in a cinematic/grab
  • blocking air-to-air heavy attacks chipping heath
  • meter building
  • and striders oroborous NOT CHIPPING

Seems like big changes that flew under the radar behind gem and tag mechanics.

Outside of (likely) Ms. Marvel, I'd expect most of the base roster & the 2017 Character Pass to be MCU characters. Hopefully we'll get some Fox guys in the 2018 pack.

Or better yet, DisMarvel is able to buy the movie rights back from Fox so they're all under one umbrella again (save for Namor and the weird licensing around Hulk and Iron Man).

Top Bottom