• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gren

We've heard Chun-Li's theme in the gameplay video, but it didn't change when she tagged out. So possibly MvC1 style.
Didn't watch it with audio, but isn't that how it's always been? Theme doesn't change on tagging, but rather when someone dies.

TvC worked the way you described IIRC.

Power Man/Luke Cage,
Iron Fist,
Black Widow,
Doc Ock,
Black Panther,
Green Goblin,
Nova,
Dormammu,
Rocket Raccoon,
Spider-Woman,
The Leader,
Dr. Strange,
Medusa,
Iron Man,
Spider-Man,
Ultron,
Red Skull,
Daredevil,
Falcon,
Hulk,
Captain America,
Lockjaw,
Thor,
MODOK,
Ant-man,
Ghost Rider,
Loki,
Baron Zemo,
Hawkeye,
Polaris,
Venom,
and Black Bolt.

Although I could be wrong on 1-2 of them.

Its Karnak rather than the Leader. I'm also 95% sure its Enchantress rather than Polaris. Other than those, everything else is right.

bubumiao

Power Man/Luke Cage,
Iron Fist,
Black Widow,
Doc Ock,
Black Panther,
Green Goblin,
Nova,
Dormammu,
Rocket Raccoon,
Spider-Woman,
The Leader,
Dr. Strange,
Medusa,
Iron Man,
Spider-Man,
Ultron,
Red Skull,
Daredevil,
Falcon,
Hulk,
Captain America,
Lockjaw,
Thor,
MODOK,
Ant-man,
Ghost Rider,
Loki,
Baron Zemo,
Hawkeye,
Polaris,
Venom,
and Black Bolt.

Thanks!

Neoxon

Power Man/Luke Cage,
Iron Fist,
Black Widow,
Doc Ock,
Black Panther,
Green Goblin,
Nova,
Dormammu,
Rocket Raccoon,
Spider-Woman,
The Leader,
Dr. Strange,
Medusa,
Iron Man,
Spider-Man,
Ultron,
Red Skull,
Daredevil,
Falcon,
Hulk,
Captain America,
Lockjaw,
Thor,
MODOK,
Ant-man,
Ghost Rider,
Loki,
Baron Zemo,
Hawkeye,
Polaris,
Venom,
and Black Bolt.

Polaris is tied to the X-Men. You also forgot Captain Marvel & Ms. Marvel.

I do think there are reused assets here, but they're likely placeholders. Smash 4 actually had clear examples of this. Look at Sonic's trailer vs his in game animations, for one. The other is that there was a Pic of the Day that specifically mentioned new animations for Pit and ZSS.

J-Tier

It's gonna be hard making a big roster without any X-Men
There are hundreds of non-X-Men. You won't even have to dive into C-listers to drum up a list. Plus half of the roster is Capcom, so a big roster will be easy. It's actually still hard to fit all the characters I want into a reasonable and totally plausible roster size of like 80 characters.
Polaris is tied to the X-Men. You also forgot Captain Marvel & Ms. Marvel.
He's naming off characters on that shirt. Though, it is Enchantress in place of Polaris, and Karnak in place of the Leader as stated above.

Neoxon

Speaking of X-Men, Capcom gave us the next best thing to having them in MvCI (within the first year).

9htwmhM.png

trutrutru

Can we get an option for sound effects from marvel vs streetfighter. Felt like that sounded much more satisfying than what we got now. Also, give me cyclops :)

J-Tier

Speaking of X-Men, Capcom gave us the next best thing to having them in MvCI (within the first year).
Yeah, the comment on the top right makes it a clear reference to Scott. Makes me wonder if they worked out a deal for some Fox characters.

Neoxon

Yeah, the comment on the top right makes it a clear reference to Scott. Makes me wonder if they worked out a deal for some Fox characters.
Supposedly the Fox characters won't be in the 2017 Character Pass (according to SneakersSO), so maybe this adds fuel to the possibility of Fox characters in the 2018 Character Pass.

Marvel pls

DR2K

Banned
To be fair, Marvel Heroes & Contest of Champions were made before the ban began. Hell, CoC was apparently the cut-off point.

I'm not sure about the arbitrary ban, but they could have still been excluded, but weren't. No one wants a game just full of C tier characters and MCU pushes.

I'm not sure about the arbitrary ban, but they could have still been excluded, but weren't. No one wants a game just full of C tier characters and MCU pushes.
There are people like us who really want X-Men characters on this, but if none of them are in the first DLC wave then we can only hope for the next one.

It would be great to have some in the base roster, but it seems unlikely...

Neoxon

Tell that to Marvel Mighty Heroes, Marvel Future Fight, & Avengers Academy. The developer for Marvel Mighty Heroes even came forward saying that they were restricted from using the X-Men in their game.

Of course, things are starting to improve between Marvel & Fox, so there's hope for DLC.

Since Capcom reused Chris's RE5 design from Marvel 3 do you think they'll stick with classic Frank?

And get the original VA back too?

They'll be coming, just not the primary focus for the 1st season pass. Their inclusion was probably negotiated after the development roadmap was already set in stone for launch + dlc wave 1.
Thanks for the info, do you know if those characters are already chosen or only the idea of X-Men as a whole (not asking about specifics)

Here's hoping the base roster deliver on other surprises then.

bubumiao

Its Karnak rather than the Leader. I'm also 95% sure its Enchantress rather than Polaris. Other than those, everything else is right.

There are hundreds of non-X-Men. You won't even have to dive into C-listers to drum up a list. Plus half of the roster is Capcom, so a big roster will be easy. It's actually still hard to fit all the characters I want into a reasonable and totally plausible roster size of like 80 characters.
He's naming off characters on that shirt. Though, it is Enchantress in place of Polaris, and Karnak in place of the Leader as stated above.

Thanks guys. The blonde lady is Enchantress I think. Can't see much of her on that shirt. Karnak for sure though.

Sesha

It's gonna be hard making a big roster without any X-Men

I could easily make a roster of at least 40, maybe 50 characters, most of them having been recurring in the Marvel universe for the past 10 years or so, without even getting close to dipping into obscure characters you'd only see Slayven post.

Skilletor

Spoken like somebody who doesn't pay attention to what movies make money and what comics are selling.

sinkfla87

What's funny is if you go down the comments you'll see someone asked if Ryce is a fraud to which he responds, "Yes". What an asshat. Sounds to me like they were telling some people that the controls were not final yet and once they saw the backlash to the ddp news they decided to put him on blast even though he's said himself he hasn't played it, but rather knows people who have. Nice OS, Capcpom.

If he's a fraud he would not have gotten the news out that there was a new entry coming.
He wouldn't have been able to let everyone know that there would be more news coming later in the week due to a press meeting which was held with zero public notice.

I just think it's funny that they communicate very little with their consumers over issues surrounding games like SFV, but jump at the chance to attack Ryce's reputation despite Ryce keeping a lot of more important and highly demanded information​ to himself out of respect to Capcom.

With that said, what else do you know Ryce? :)
Haha I'm kidding.... Kind of.

Edit: Sorry for the rant, that dude just pissed me off. Lol.

DR2K

Banned
Spoken like somebody who doesn't pay attention to what movies make money and what comics are selling.

Comics aren't selling and apparently it's because of diversity on Marvels side.

I know what what the movies gross, hence the MCU line up being seperate from the C tier characters.

Do people think that Spiral and Cable were A-tier picks?

For their time they were both prominent, especially when Marvel was actively trying to push the Xmen. Especially Cable.

What's funny is if you go down the comments you'll see someone asked if Ryce is a fraud to which he responds, "Yes". What an asshat. Sounds to me like they were telling some people that the controls were not final yet and once they saw the backlash to the ddp news they decided to put him on blast even though he's said himself he hasn't played it, but rather knows people who have. Nice OS, Capcpom.

If he's a fraud he would not have gotten the news out that there was a new entry coming.
He wouldn't have been able to let everyone know that there would be more news coming later in the week due to a press meeting which was held with zero public notice.

I just think it's funny that they communicate very little with their consumers over issues surrounding games like SFV, but jump at the chance to attack Ryce's reputation despite Ryce keeping a lot of more important and highly demanded information​ to himself out of respect to Capcom.

With that said, what else do you know Ryce? :)
Haha I'm kidding.... Kind of.

Edit: Sorry for the rant, that dude just pissed me off. Lol.

If they feel that he's spreading FUD, then they have a right to respond.

Comics aren't selling and apparently it's because of diversity on Marvels side.

Some comics ARE selling, just not as much as Marvel would like.

Also that "diversity" thing is superficial. Nobody cares much about the diversity aspect of Marvel, I think most comic fans welcome that there's more characters of colour as well as females, that said, one common criticism I do see is that people don't like the shoehorning of them. I've seen people say "If I pick up an Iron Man comic, I wanna read about Tony Stark, not about some girl trying to become Iron Man" and that they dislike the generally poor writing. The diversity part is, for them, just the personification of these issues.
And especially with the latter point I can't disagree. There's a bunch of well-written new characters that have become widely accepted like Kamala Khan and Spider-Gwen, but it also is true that Marvel in their agenda to have more diversity - which in of itself is very commendable - simply forces a bunch of poorly written characters into their books, and while some of them work, a lot of them don't, and that's where the friction is coming from. The reaction would be the same if the characters were white males. Just look at Sam Alexander Nova being one of the least successful characters, a lot of people (especially fans of the original Nova) hated this supposed replacement, to the point of Marvel reintroducing the original Nova.

So, on the surface it looks like the issue with comics selling is diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom