• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinkfla87

If they feel that he's spreading FUD, then they have a right to respond.

Yeah I agree with that but to go out of the way to call him a fraud and that it's fake news is what irked me lol. I feel like they could be a little more proactive in what they share with the community. Hell, I feel like a lot of what Ryce does is actually free PR and keeping the hype train fueled*.

*Or derailed in this case haha. People got pissed.

Lungless

Neo Member
I'm genuinely afraid that this game's voice cast won't be nearly as good as UMvC3. Half the cast from the first game is gone it seems.

Seyavesh

I'm genuinely afraid that this game's voice cast won't be nearly as good as UMvC3. Half the cast from the first game is gone it seems.

it's more the voice direction than the cast itself

shit just sounds.... weird? you can really hear it w chris since he very blatantly has the same VA- it's like, a combination of the strangely picked lines and how the chars say 'em

i'm p sure thor has the same VA too and it really, really sticks out when he does his command grab super because the line he uses sounds really absurd

it's more the voice direction than the cast itself

shit just sounds.... weird? you can really hear it w chris since he very blatantly has the same VA- it's like, a combination of the strangely picked lines and how the chars say 'em

i'm p sure thor has the same VA too and it really, really sticks out when he does his command grab super because the line he uses sounds really absurd
TIME STONE

TIME STONE

TIME STONE

giphy-downsized-large.gif

If we're going on the thought that Marvel 3 was a good example of the above points, I'd have to disagree. 3 (Ultimate especially) had a bad UI, the art was garish (feels like half of any given frame in the game is pure black), and I can take or leave the themes either way -- I mean I'm not thinking Infinite's production values are amazing, but I think it's different while not deviating from the standards already set.

de3WIEr.png

sephi22

What's funny is if you go down the comments you'll see someone asked if Ryce is a fraud to which he responds, "Yes". What an asshat. Sounds to me like they were telling some people that the controls were not final yet and once they saw the backlash to the ddp news they decided to put him on blast even though he's said himself he hasn't played it, but rather knows people who have. Nice OS, Capcpom.

If he's a fraud he would not have gotten the news out that there was a new entry coming.
He wouldn't have been able to let everyone know that there would be more news coming later in the week due to a press meeting which was held with zero public notice.

I just think it's funny that they communicate very little with their consumers over issues surrounding games like SFV, but jump at the chance to attack Ryce's reputation despite Ryce keeping a lot of more important and highly demanded information​ to himself out of respect to Capcom.

With that said, what else do you know Ryce? :)
Haha I'm kidding.... Kind of.

Edit: Sorry for the rant, that dude just pissed me off. Lol.
100% agree. I was telling the same thing to a friend yesterday. The "haters will be left behind" guy has to toe the company line, but it pisses me off that when Capcom is getting blown up for their bad communication, dude is quiet, but as soon as a controversy about the controls blows up, he's quick to call Ryce a liar and lumps fireball controls in the tweet even though no one said qcfs were out. Dude thinks he's slick.

I'm sympathetic to Combofiend and Haunts, but John D comes off as Capcoms Don Mattrick to me. Dude has no humility or self-awareness when it comes to Capcom's PR/fighting-game-division shortcomings

I don't blame Ryce for having incorrect info - dude was humble about it - but people really should have waited two more days until the embargo lifts to get the full bout of information.
Thing is we don't even know for sure of Ryce got incorrect info. I think Ryce himself mentioned that his source says that controls we're still being considered and played with and dp motion might change by launch. Maybe Ryce/his source was wrong. Maybe Capcom saw the bad response, and decided to keep the dp motion and pretend like it was never up in air, blowing up Ryce in the process.

rmanthorp

If we're going on the thought that Marvel 3 was a good example of the above points, I'd have to disagree. 3 (Ultimate especially) had a bad UI, the art was garish (feels like half of any given frame in the game is pure black), and I can take or leave the themes either way -- I mean I'm not thinking Infinite's production values are amazing, but I think it's different while not deviating from the standards already set.

de3WIEr.png

While the UI in 3 was not amazing the art direction and consistency of the models (and animations) was absolutely stellar!!

Just look at the difference. https://twitter.com/ThievinIMP/status/857322948209901569

What's funny is if you go down the comments you'll see someone asked if Ryce is a fraud to which he responds, "Yes". What an asshat. Sounds to me like they were telling some people that the controls were not final yet and once they saw the backlash to the ddp news they decided to put him on blast even though he's said himself he hasn't played it, but rather knows people who have. Nice OS, Capcpom.

If he's a fraud he would not have gotten the news out that there was a new entry coming.
He wouldn't have been able to let everyone know that there would be more news coming later in the week due to a press meeting which was held with zero public notice.

I just think it's funny that they communicate very little with their consumers over issues surrounding games like SFV, but jump at the chance to attack Ryce's reputation despite Ryce keeping a lot of more important and highly demanded information​ to himself out of respect to Capcom.

With that said, what else do you know Ryce? :)
Haha I'm kidding.... Kind of.

Edit: Sorry for the rant, that dude just pissed me off. Lol.

I feel you, but the ire was from how badly received the DP change was. Like, the community was embarrassingly shitty over it calling it casualized and the like to the point of flooding Capcom employee Twitters over it. It wasn't just in the community - it was spilling into places like EH and the like. So for them, they basically saw Ryce as a shitstarter, regardless of previous accuracy. I don't blame Ryce for having incorrect info - dude was humble about it - but people really should have waited two more days until the embargo lifts to get the full bout of information.

Thing is we don't even know for sure of Ryce got incorrect info. I think Ryce himself mentioned that his source says that controls we're still being considered and played with and dp motion might change by launch. Maybe Ryce/his source was wrong. Maybe Capcom saw the bad response, and decided to keep the dp motion and pretend like it was never up in air, blowing up Ryce in the process.

According to one of the people here who played the build, the producer said that command inputs were still in. This was before they addressed the Ryce situation. I guess we'll see today, but it seems a little farfetched to have a company change gears like that on inputs and pretend like it was fine.

Then again, we'll see come later today. It really seems like they had that shit on simple mode and either didn't relay that information to Ryce or just had it for use in the press build.

While the UI in 3 was not amazing the art direction and consistency of the models (and animations) was absolutely stellar!!

Just look at the difference. https://twitter.com/ThievinIMP/status/857322948209901569
I find what I see in Infinite pretty consistent as well, but personally I never found Marvel 3 to be much of a looker and always disliked its stark shadows on vibrant colour contrast. Vibrant colours are nice, but when so much of the game is as dark as it is and with the shading being as harsh as it is it just resulted in something offputting to me. Not to mention how many tourney matches were done in Danger Room as well which is just a grid on a pure black backdrop, lordy. But I can't take the tweet too seriously when the complaint is that the characters are too detailed. I just find Infinite has a lot more clarity to it.

sephi22

According to one of the people here who played the build, the producer said that command inputs were still in. This was before they addressed the Ryce situation. I guess we'll see today, but it seems a little farfetched to have a company change gears like that on inputs and pretend like it was fine.

Then again, we'll see come later today. It really seems like they had that shit on simple mode and either didn't relay that information to Ryce or just had it for use in the press build.
Fair enough.
I'm just extremely wary of Capcom and can't take anything they say at face value anymore. So even if I should give them the benefit of the doubt, it's really hard for me. A rational person wouldn't expect controls to be up in the air 5 months before launch, but so much of this game looks like it's not final yet. SfV changed some inputs in season 2 and kof got a visual update months after release, so anything can happen.

Seyavesh

I find what I see in Infinite pretty consistent as well, but personally I never found Marvel 3 to be much of a looker and always disliked its stark shadows on vibrant colour contrast. But I can't take the tweet too seriously when the complaint is that the characters are too detailed. I just find Infinite has a lot more clarity to it.

it's more about stylization and how that aspect adds to the 'mobile phone game' look where everything blends together rather than "too much detail is bad!!"
that you find marvel infinite to have more clarity is extremely interesting b/c i feel the exact opposite way. 3 does an insane amount of work w clarity considering how many things are often simultaneously happening at once to change the game state.
infinite's footage has basic actions blurring together due to the weird lack of contrast

a quick comparison shot prob. makes it more obvious in terms of readability, i think
i even cranked up the compression super high on the marvel 3 shot as to match the vidcam rip quality, haha

WJJcmux.jpg

Xwh0Ovg.jpg

anyhow, the overall contrast/saturation is changeable and the char models are whatever- the biggest thing i actually personally have an issue with is the special effects on character's moves and the hitsparks. they're so damn underwhelming!

i see hulk's wispy gamma charge aura and thor's generic lightning mighty strike and i think, damn that looks weak as hell- there's no sense of 'force' to 'em

UiqT4kx.jpg

tnBcdiM.jpg

if wesker's in the game i'm very curious to see what they do w his effects because he has some of the most satisfying ones in marvel 3- minor details like the shockwave on the stomp for his launcher are beautiful 'lil touches that help sell how much that shit hurts

9XRhWUB.jpg

So Ono tweeted that we should get new info about the game soon, I wonder if it's only the gameplay that will be shown today or something completely new.

6 dlc character per year seems too few imo. That basically mean we only get 3 character from each sides. I would have hoped that we can get like 8 or 10 characters per year

it's more about stylization and how that aspect adds to the 'mobile phone game' look where everything blends together rather than "too much detail is bad!!"
that you find marvel infinite to have more clarity is extremely interesting b/c i feel the exact opposite way. 3 does an insane amount of work w clarity considering how many things are often simultaneously happening at once to change the game state.
infinite's footage has basic actions blurring together due to the weird lack of contrast

a quick comparison shot prob. makes it more obvious in terms of readability, i think
i even cranked up the compression super high on the marvel 3 shot as to match the vidcam rip quality, haha

WJJcmux.jpg

Xwh0Ovg.jpg

anyhow, the overall contrast/saturation is changeable and the char models are whatever- the biggest thing i actually personally have an issue with is the special effects on character's moves and the hitsparks. they're so damn underwhelming!

i see hulk's wispy gamma charge aura and thor's generic lightning mighty strike and i think, damn that looks weak as hell- there's no sense of 'force' to 'em

UiqT4kx.jpg

tnBcdiM.jpg

if wesker's in the game i'm very curious to see what they do w his effects because he has some of the most satisfying ones in marvel 3- minor details like the shockwave on the stomp for his launcher are beautiful 'lil touches that help sell how much that shit hurts

9XRhWUB.jpg

Great post, I hope they listen. There's still time to tinker with it.

sinkfla87

So Ono tweeted that we should get new info about the game soon, I wonder if it's only the gameplay that will be shown today or something completely new.

Didn't Shocking Alberto say that his NDA lifts today? We (hopefully) will see write ups about everything later today.

Piers

Honestly I think the models in Infinite look great for the most part (some of the closeups on faces are awkward yeah). But the lighting/saturation could be done better.

But the MCU isn't that saturated and that's more relevant with masses than the comics now.
#conspiracy

But the MCU isn't that saturated and that's more relevant with masses than the comics now.
#conspiracy

Isn't one of the main criticisms of the MCU it's lack of dourness?

It's just usually veiled beneath the trite gossamer of "Looks like TV!" or "Quips are unrealistic" or some such garbage.

Tbh those gameplay videos look great. I'm really excited for this game (but can they give the good sis Chun Li a few more buffs/bells and whistles on her supers?)

I want Ruby Heart for Infinite. She deserves a place on the roster.

I'd like to have her back, but as far as the base roster is concerned, I certainly wouldn't prioritize her over other characters that come from actual Capcom games like Arthur, Haggar, Gene, and such.

Maybe she could be a DLC character, along with Cable (they were both the "main characters" of MVC2).

I'd like to have her back, but as far as the base roster is concerned, I certainly wouldn't prioritize her over other characters that come from actual Capcom games like Arthur, Haggar, Gene, and such.

Maybe she could be a DLC character, along with Cable (they were both the "main characters" of MVC2).
If Cable comes back, yeah. She deserves to be alongside him. I'd still like an MvC original character to come back. Her or Arino.

Like all things MvC2, she deserves to go in the bin
Your face deserves to go in the bin.

It's a budget game. Capcom doesn't have very good reputation for FGs amongst casuals. So I like their strategy of making budget titles for Max profit. If that is what their strategy is. Or maybe the graphics and art department at Capcom are not very good. Which I refuse to believe because this is the same company that made re7. A goty material game.

Neoxon

Honestly I think the models in Infinite look great for the most part (some of the closeups on faces are awkward yeah). But the lighting/saturation could be done better.
So the same problem as KoF (technically solid models, but the lighting at launch didn't do them justice)

vg260

So the same problem as KoF (technically solid models, but the lighting at launch didn't do them justice)

KoF visuals even pre-lighting patch always looked colorful and crisp, even without the improved lighting effects. This just looks like is has some sort of de-saturation/haze filter on it.

Ryce

According to that GameSpot video there are 6 buttons:

Light Punch
Hard Punch
Light Kick
Hard Kick
Tag
Infinity Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom